The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Everyone: Check Your Oil!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 4.80 average.

Old 10-20-2007, 01:41 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Got my car yesterday afternoon. The new engine part number is 10102-AC7M9. The "9" conflicts with one member, whom had an engine number ending in "1". Time well tell . . . Needless to say, I will be monitoring the oil level quite closely, as usual.

Old 10-20-2007, 02:36 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
Originally Posted by andy2434
Got my car yesterday afternoon. The new engine part number is 10102-AC7M9. The "9" conflicts with one member, whom had an engine number ending in "1". Time well tell . . . Needless to say, I will be monitoring the oil level quite closely, as usual.
Interesting Andy, that number is the one I originally posted that a person gave me whom wasn't sure if correct. Guess a 9, depending on how well it's written could be seen as a 1. Maybe that's the case from that other member.

Glad to hear they jumped on your replacement ASAP, completed and back to you.

Old 10-27-2007, 05:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
M9 is the number listed on the invoice for my replacement engine as well. It was replaced about 3 weeks ago, so I'm hoping it's the new version.

Old 10-29-2007, 10:39 AM
I'm reading up on all the Oil consumption threads and engine replacements, and people are saying that they just made it before there warranty expired, but shouldnt the motor be under the powertrain warranty 6yr/70k, just as well as under the regular limited 4yr/60k?
So as long as the powertrain warranty has not expired than any engine concerns with the the consumption shouldnt be a problem with dealerships right??

Thanks!

Old 10-29-2007, 04:44 PM
I Have the Exact Same Problem But my rattleing actually started when they replaced my clutch at nissan i did it there because thats were i bought my car ... when i put in my clutch all the way in the rattleling stops it only rattles on a dead stop n when my rpm starts hitiin 4500. I came to find one day after the track against a plain subaru wrx impreza. that my car wasnt really performin well. i didnt red line but it felt like it when i got the rpm at 6500 on first gear i went home next day next mornin i saw that i basically had no oil!!!! this car eats a lot of oil for some reason and im **** i do a filter change every 3000 miles my car ever since the really has been gettin worse it sounds old good news is i got another one i guess ill let them repo the other one and have let them repo the old one cqause i bought the old one used its 2003 infiniti g 35 i found that most people have the same problem but its usually faster on ppeople who put there cars under extreme conditions such as drag racing. mines is stock i used on a every day basis and drifting and drag... i ever since then i check my oil frequently i wish i would of know sooner! I got srewd on this deal hope i have better luck with my new 06 mt

Old 10-30-2007, 08:27 AM
I posted this in another thread as well. I would really appreciate some advise on what to do.

I have a similar oil consumption issue w/ my 05 coupe. I first started noticing that my oil light was coming on around midway between my oil changes and so I took it to the dealer and over the course of about 2 months, they would do the oil consumption test and I would have to bring the car back in every 1k miles to check the oil level. At first, they said it was nominal use as I was burning 1/2 qt every 1k and they said don't worry about it and just keep bring it back to continue the oil consumption test. We then got to the point where my oil light was coming on around 2k miles and I brought it back to dealer and they did another oil consumption test and said that I might need a new motor and I said fine because my car is still under warranty.

Well infiniti corporate stepped in and came by to view my car and based on his conclusion, he said that I have HF cats and part of my HF cats (honeycomb) had broken off and was blown back up into my motor and that is what is causing my oil consumption issue.

Now I have had my car looked at for a second opinion and they looked at my HF cats and found nothing inside my HF cats or exhaust and the guy told me that if it had broken off, it would have continued to break off and you would hear it and he found no evidence of that.

So, I called Infiniti back and asked them did they take apart my engine or do a leak compression test or even do a backpressure test since the service tech mentioned me not having enough backpressure and that when I deccellerate, it is pushing the debris back into my engine and they told me NO!!!!. So, I asked what is your basis for not giving me a new engine and he told me that they took off my exhaust and my intake and took pictures and found oil/gunk in there, but they have yet to show me the pictures or any samples taken from my car and I just got a call telling me that I cannot get a new engine....not even a statement in writing!!!.

I think my only option is to seek legal advise for this issue, because I am tired of infiniti giving me the run around. Corporate is blaming me for modifications to my car and using that tactic to not warranty me a new engine. I am really fed up because even the Service tech at infiniti said that my HF cats do not cause that much oil consumption and he said that it was impossible that it caused that.

The second opinion shop said the same thing and said that he has seen alot of G35's come into his door w/ the same problem and he said it is probably multiple issues and he said that he is 99% sure it is my Valve Guide and my Piston Rings because those rings he said has NO ROOM in there.

Now Infiniti has already replace my valve covers and PCV valves but that did not fix anything. I NEED TO KNOW HOW DO I GET A NEW ENGINE!!!!.

Please PM me w/ what I need to do if anything.

Old 10-30-2007, 12:52 PM
Just talked to my wife's cousin, who is an Infiniti parts manager in the Bay Area. He confirmed the part number for the new long block is 10102-AC7M9.

Last edited by petes97; 10-30-2007 at 01:13 PM.
Old 11-02-2007, 07:44 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by petes97
Just talked to my wife's cousin, who is an Infiniti parts manager in the Bay Area. He confirmed the part number for the new long block is 10102-AC7M9.
Thank you very much for confirming that number, Pete.

Old 11-03-2007, 11:12 AM
Hey Andy-
Since my last oil change my car, 2007 6MT Coupe, appears to have burned 3 qts of oil. Service guy said i'm probably looking at getting a new engine. Right now we are doing the oil consumption tests. Anyway, my question for you is about what else got replaced, if anything, when they replaced your engine? I would think they would also want to change the 02 sensors.

Old 11-04-2007, 01:42 AM
Well, my dealer just started a consumption test on my 06MT.

Old 11-11-2007, 04:37 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I say FU(K the Bull SH*T already. This is an excuse for all G driver to do an engine rebuild and increasing displacement. Time 2 make MO-POWER!

Old 11-11-2007, 11:43 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
^^^ Actually I had that thought almost a year ago.
Unfortunately I don't have that kind of loose change in my back pocket to say screw Infiniti and go get it re-built with quality internals.

Back on engine number subject breifly...
I reading over a few hundred posts on my350Z's OC thread, I've learned there are two VQ replacements. They're calling them V1 (version1) and V2 (version2)
V2's are the most current ones from Japan, part # 10102-AC7MZ for the Z ppl. This coincides with our # as 10102-AC7M9 for G's.

The V1's for Z ppl ended in an A, which could explain the part # 10102-AC7M1 that was in question here, as possibly being the first hand built version released for us.
Btw...there were reports of OC issues on the Z thread with their V1 replacement, so beware that Dealer doesn't slip you a 10102-AC7M1 for replacement instead of a 10102-AC7M9.
Some Nissan Dealer recently did that to a Z member, he caught it, contacted NNA and now getting the Vers2 VQ.

Also read on Z OC thread, that a third version has been in the works from Nissan, but not released yet; there's a waiting list.
It will be interesting to see what that revup VQ is all about, if what I read holds true.

Loong thread, but very informative. Worth the time to read imo:
http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=232332

Old 11-11-2007, 08:57 PM
guys, Im also having the same problem with my 2007 G35 6mt

This is what I post on one of the thread earlier today...

I have a 2007 G35 coupe MT6 brand new.

I already put 3000 miles and 2 days ago the engine was making a weird sound when I reached 3000-4000 RMS. This sound was more noticeable when the engine was cold.

I took it to the dealership where I bought it. They checked it and they found out that it was 2 quarts low on oil.
I never got a warning light telling me that it was low in oil.

I never pushed the car hard.
I always shifted gears at 4000 RPM and the fastest I have gone is 80 miles per hour.

They just did an oil change and told me to come back after 1000 miles more so that they can check the engine and the damage if any.

They told me that G35 MT6 burns up oil and this process is normal
(with this car)

I got my car back and it feels fine. There arent any weird noises but Im still afraid that my engine could be damaged.

I have the 70,000 mile warranty and if the engine gets damaged they said that it will be replaced.

Has this ever happen to your car?

I fought with the guys at the dealer telling them that it was their fault for selling me a car with low engine oil. I told them that this was their error.
I dont think that a new car with 3000 miles will burn up 2 quarts of oil

I really would appreciate any input you can give me.

Thanks in advance,
Daniel

Old 11-13-2007, 06:26 PM
Banned
How to not be ripped off at the dealer!

See this in a new thread!

Last edited by cimabeu; 11-13-2007 at 06:59 PM.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:27 PM
My engine looked different than the original one (I have the 'V2', part number confirmed) . Notice the 'waffle' weave on the round parts. All the V2's must look like that. It looks 'cheper' in my opinion, but i'm sure it's the same thing, just revised pistons and rings.

I would love to update everyone on my car post engine sway, but my dealer will have it till thurs. If anyone remembers, they gave it to me with the SES light on and bad (revving) idle when I picked it up last week. Brought it in last Sat. They thought I needed a solenoid valve for the intake, and ordered a new one yesterday overnighted and installed but my car is still throwing codes. Their first inclination was someone 'forgot' to plug the sensor in - obviously more serious than that.

So, now they think it's some sort of timing sensor near the clutch that has gone bad (they dismantled and took my whole clutch assembly off). Anyone know if this is total BS they are giving me? I am sure they will fix it, but I am not confident that all sorts of problems won't arise in the future - therefore, not happy with this whole new engine thing so far. I'm sure they've torn apart all sorts of stuff and f--ed who knows what up that will come back to haunt me in the future. They were on the phone with Nissan Tech when I called to ask where the heck it was today as it was supposed to be finished.

Nissan called me last week to tell me they gave me the extended warranty for free, but with all this downtime and having to park their car in a garage at $20 per day (I park on the street in DC with a zone permit), and tearing my car apart, should I be asking for more??? What can I ask for? I just want my (working) car back!!!! I lobbed a call to the guy i was dealing with at NNA to voice my concern / complain, what should I ask for?

So, at the end of the day, this 3 day procedure will be done in 7. And that's with 4-5 days of troubleshooting. This blows.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 4.80 average.

Quick Reply: Everyone: Check Your Oil!