The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Everyone: Check Your Oil!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 4.80 average.

Old 11-14-2007, 02:21 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
Originally Posted by anate
My engine looked different than the original one (I have the 'V2', part number confirmed) . Notice the 'waffle' weave on the round parts. All the V2's must look like that. It looks 'cheper' in my opinion, but i'm sure it's the same thing, just revised pistons and rings.

I would love to update everyone on my car post engine sway, but my dealer will have it till thurs. If anyone remembers, they gave it to me with the SES light on and bad (revving) idle when I picked it up last week. Brought it in last Sat. They thought I needed a solenoid valve for the intake, and ordered a new one yesterday overnighted and installed but my car is still throwing codes. Their first inclination was someone 'forgot' to plug the sensor in - obviously more serious than that.

So, now they think it's some sort of timing sensor near the clutch that has gone bad (they dismantled and took my whole clutch assembly off). Anyone know if this is total BS they are giving me? I am sure they will fix it, but I am not confident that all sorts of problems won't arise in the future - therefore, not happy with this whole new engine thing so far. I'm sure they've torn apart all sorts of stuff and f--ed who knows what up that will come back to haunt me in the future. They were on the phone with Nissan Tech when I called to ask where the heck it was today as it was supposed to be finished.

Nissan called me last week to tell me they gave me the extended warranty for free, but with all this downtime and having to park their car in a garage at $20 per day (I park on the street in DC with a zone permit), and tearing my car apart, should I be asking for more??? What can I ask for? I just want my (working) car back!!!! I lobbed a call to the guy i was dealing with at NNA to voice my concern / complain, what should I ask for?

So, at the end of the day, this 3 day procedure will be done in 7. And that's with 4-5 days of troubleshooting. This blows.
Ouch!! Your situation does blow and does sound like a botched install. No way you should be throwing codes, this sensor that sensor. See if NNA or Dealer will compensate your daily parking permit cost.

As far as waffle weave on V2, I posted pixs of my 2006 revup oem block (best I could with it in engine bay) over on Z OC thread and it looks the same as a V2, but not sure from what I can see.

-I'm correcting myself-
Originally Posted by 06CPV35
The V1's for Z ppl ended in an A, which could explain the part # 10102-AC7M1 that was in question here, as possibly being the first hand built version released for us.
10102-AC7M1 I've learned is not hand built from Japan. It's a revised ring, factory block from Tennessee plant.
Don't let them slip you that one from their over-stocked VQ replacements prior to current one used from Japan. That happened to someone two months ago.
Some ppl were lucky with this one solving OC issues, but for the most part it's a OC resolvement failure. This pertains to the Z's ending in A as well.

Old 11-14-2007, 11:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got car back. Seems to run great... for now...

Apparently sensor near clutch flywheel was bad or put in wrong position.

Will post whether problem is solved after a few thousand miles, and will check in every few k thereafter.

Old 11-15-2007, 06:19 AM
Banned
May consider reading up on lemon laws in your area. If problems persist or car goes in for major repairs over ___ times, one can incur Lemon Laws and begin to pressure dealer to look at this. Once the inconvenience begins to cut into your workday and life on a repeated basis, then other issues need to be addressed.

Old 11-16-2007, 08:14 AM
Originally Posted by anate
Got car back. Seems to run great... for now...

Apparently sensor near clutch flywheel was bad or put in wrong position.

Will post whether problem is solved after a few thousand miles, and will check in every few k thereafter.

what Dealer ship did you go to?

I'm looking for a g35 and wondering what would be a good dealer to go to for deals and better service, i notice passport and annapolis are the ones lots of people go to, i havent heard much about the ones in Tysons or Chantilly.

How long was your car in the shop and how long did it take before they finally said they would give you a new motor?
Thanks for any info you can give me.

Old 11-18-2007, 12:29 AM
I read this thread a while ago. I changed my oil today and did a measurement. a little less than 4000 miles it ate ~1.5qt. 5 in and 3+ out with filter. I guess it's not that horrible compare to other stories here. I got my car about a year ago. sigh....I can only wish I'd read this b4 i pick up my car. ;-(

Old 11-20-2007, 12:52 AM
WTF is up with this jigsaw dipstick? It is damn near impossible to get a decent reading.

I wonder if we can fabricate our own just for testing?

Old 11-26-2007, 12:56 AM
6MT Coupe
Check out my thread on filing a complaint about your defective VQ's due to oil consumption.
A lot of Z ppl are showing support for this since I posted my thread over there on the same subject.
They're tired of the games being played by Nissan as I am tired of the games by Infiniti.
Filing a complaint could help all of us with this OC issue. It's our public right as a consumer with defective products and/or equipment.
https://g35driver.com/forums/g-spot/188688-owners-vq-oil-consumption.html

Old 11-30-2007, 08:13 PM
Originally Posted by petes97
Just talked to my wife's cousin, who is an Infiniti parts manager in the Bay Area. He confirmed the part number for the new long block is 10102-AC7M9.
Would this part be stamped anywhere on the engine block or just printed on the crate? Just dropped off my car this afternoon for the dealer to replace the engine. They called me 2 weeks ago, said my engine's enroute from Japan, came in late last week. Unfortunately, I didn't get to read this beforehand so I could have asked them to show me the new engine.

Old 12-02-2007, 07:31 AM
Looks like the 350z guys finally got a TSB from nissan for the 05-06 rev up m/t cars...Checkout the oil consumption post and you can see and print up the TSB....I hope we get one soon...

Old 12-02-2007, 12:38 PM
6MT Coupe
Originally Posted by markiev37
Looks like the 350z guys finally got a TSB from nissan for the 05-06 rev up m/t cars...Checkout the oil consumption post and you can see and print up the TSB....I hope we get one soon...
You beat me in posting that info...
I'm in high hopes we get one too. If we do, my gripe for almost two years will be satisfied with the increased warranty replacement standard on consumption.
We have the exact same VQ as they do, with the exact same issues.
I've contacted my resourses to update/search for a TSB from Infiniti :crossing fingers:

Old 12-03-2007, 06:36 AM
Fingers crossed...With the new(nissan) guidelines I will easily meet the critera for a new motor

Originally Posted by 06CPV35
You beat me in posting that info...
I'm in high hopes we get one too. If we do, my gripe for almost two years will be satisfied with the increased warranty replacement standard on consumption.
We have the exact same VQ as they do, with the exact same issues.
I've contacted my resourses to update/search for a TSB from Infiniti :crossing fingers:

Old 12-03-2007, 08:22 AM
Originally Posted by markiev37

Where is the post or link for the TSB? I wann read it. Thanks.

Old 12-03-2007, 09:50 AM
6MT Coupe
^^^
Look here:
(many thanks to ZeeForce over on my350Z forum for posting this up)

http://www.my350z.com/forum/showpost...postcount=2084
^ pgs 1-5

http://www.my350z.com/forum/showpost...postcount=2085
^pgs 6-8

It's an eight page TSB.
Anyone find our TSB yet?

Old 12-03-2007, 07:31 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have some 1200 miles on the new V2 engine, now. The OC issue is negligible at this point. It looks good, thus far. However, I will be putting the car through its paces, soon.

Old 12-04-2007, 11:42 AM
Andy glad to hear as it seems that my engine is getting replaced soon.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 4.80 average.

Quick Reply: Everyone: Check Your Oil!