The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Gas Gauge WEIRDNESS !

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 11:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I have somewhat GODD NEWS: So I came online again today to see if anyone had any updates about this issue and sure enough, just more people saying they had the same problem. Just to give people an idea, my fuel guage is nothing but CRAP, I have seen it read at 1/2 or lower after fill up once I got home and drove the car again. Pissed off as I am, I decided to call infiniti consumer affairs. Now, what's good about all this is, back in 06 and when I was still under warranty, my infiniti dealer documented my issue with regards to the inability to fill up my gas tank (but never fixed it, just blew me off, but documented it). Long story short, the consumer agent seen the documentation and recommend that i take it back to the dealer to get a diagnostic and reference the number of the ticket she open for me. If they fall in line, according to her, they will pay for repairs since I mention it first while under warranty. Now the trick is, they have to find that its somewhat related to the issue that was documented.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:56 AM
I dunno about the old G's but I have a 2007 G coupe and I had massive gas guage issues on my car. Theres actually 3 components in the gas tank that might need to be replaced. My guage had an issue where it would not go completely full so they replaced the main sending unit.

Then when that was implemented it still didnt fill but I kept driving thinking I had a half a tank (after 400 km) and then I decided to fill it just in case. I ended up paying more than I usually do when my car is at a 1/4 tank. To make a long story short, I had to go 6 times to get all the sensors replaced.

Theres one main unit under the seats (cant remember what its called) the main sending unit and another unit in the tank. I had to get all 3 units replaced as my guage was massively f'd up.

Last edited by supergino; 03-03-2009 at 10:15 AM.
Old 11-24-2009, 07:45 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm dealing with this crap right now. Sounds like fun!

Old 11-24-2009, 11:25 PM
Originally Posted by express705
billions.

lol!

Old 11-24-2009, 11:27 PM
Originally Posted by brikkman
Well, I have somewhat GODD NEWS: So I came online again today to see if anyone had any updates about this issue and sure enough, just more people saying they had the same problem. Just to give people an idea, my fuel guage is nothing but CRAP, I have seen it read at 1/2 or lower after fill up once I got home and drove the car again. Pissed off as I am, I decided to call infiniti consumer affairs. Now, what's good about all this is, back in 06 and when I was still under warranty, my infiniti dealer documented my issue with regards to the inability to fill up my gas tank (but never fixed it, just blew me off, but documented it). Long story short, the consumer agent seen the documentation and recommend that i take it back to the dealer to get a diagnostic and reference the number of the ticket she open for me. If they fall in line, according to her, they will pay for repairs since I mention it first while under warranty. Now the trick is, they have to find that its somewhat related to the issue that was documented.
Please stop saying seen, it's SAW, SAW.

I can't stand people who say "I seen that". C'MON LEARN PROPER ENGLISH.

Old 03-03-2010, 04:52 AM
Can someone please list the part numbers for the shutter valve and the gas tank level indicators things so i can order them.

My car is having the same issues. cheers.

Old 03-03-2010, 12:32 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr.GEE
I believe there are two different issues being discussed and is getting confusing. The one issue is for difficulty in fully filling the gas tank. Some have the gas station fuel nozzle click off and cannot fill their tank more than 3/4 full. This fix requires the tank to be dropped and according to the TSB the rear axle has to be dropped, making it a very expensive fix if you are out of warranty. The other issue is erratic fuel level indication. If the sending unit in the tank is at fault,it may be easily accessed by removing the rear seat bottom cushion.
Unless I'm just misreading, neither TSB mentions anything about dropping the tank and axle. I'm pretty sure everything can be accesssed from underneath the rear seat.

Old 03-03-2010, 12:35 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports
Can someone please list the part numbers for the shutter valve and the gas tank level indicators things so i can order them.

My car is having the same issues. cheers.
The parts listed on the TSB's are as follows:

TSB ITB05-031
Fuel Level Sensor O-Ring - 17342-CE800
Shutter Valve - 17260-AM600

TSB ITB08-041a
Cut Bracket - (FLV Valve Cover) - 17366-EY80A
O-Ring (for fuel pump opening) - 17342-01A00

Old 03-03-2010, 01:30 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I heard on the radio this morning that Nissan was doing a massive recal for gas gauges. Something like 500,00 cars world wide.

Old 03-03-2010, 02:30 PM
Thanks

Old 03-03-2010, 04:32 PM
Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts
G35 Coupe
haha im still having problems with this ****, but i just park it down a hill to see the level lol

Old 03-04-2010, 01:48 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Damn, this is legit - Recall Article
I guess it doesn't do us much good though: "The gauge problem involve six models from the 2005 to 2008 model years, including the Titan, Armada and the Infiniti QX56."
Fockers!

Old 03-04-2010, 09:50 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Just this winter my gas gauge hasn't shown full even though it is full, you couldn't get another drop in without it running down the fender. Frustrating because that's the only thing that has gone wrong I couldn't fix, well besides the window motors/lock. Not excited about having to take her to the stealership, knowing they'll screw up something else....
Gary

Old 03-04-2010, 12:40 PM
This seems to be an ongoing problem for all of us G drivers and I am suprised that it has not been reported.

My car has all the same issues that everyone mentioned, but don't know what to do.

Curious, what kind of mpg are you guys averaging? I am getting anywhere from 19-21.

Has anyone had any luck of not having to pay when taken into the dealer?

I am in Anaheim Hills, CA..............so if any locals know anything, please pass it on

Old 03-05-2010, 07:10 AM
Im just gona order the parts and DIY it. cheap and easy. I cant be bothered with the dealer as my car is out of warranty

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Gas Gauge WEIRDNESS !