The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

What did you do to the G today?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 08-16-2018, 12:00 AM
Received 372 Likes on 339 Posts
Originally Posted by Albanian122

you always start more then one project with our g35s then you gotta fill up premium gas ⛽️ and life hits and you end up with a stockpile of Parts waiting to install
Lol. So true!

Old 08-17-2018, 06:53 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
My garage is almost finally cleared enough to get the g on some jack stands to start the rehab. Pretty excited since i've had the car for a little while now with nowhere to work on it.

Old 08-17-2018, 11:18 PM
Received 123 Likes on 107 Posts
The G is ALIVE again! I decided to not risk my luck on something as important as the compression rod frame stud so I brought it to a guy I know takes pride in his work.

m14x1.5 Grade 8.8 bolt with head cut off. Both the stud and the bolt are ground down for more surface area for the weld to bond to.

I forgot to get a better picture but all that hourglass area is now full of metal now and it's solid.... Torqued to whatever a 1/2 drive snapon pneumatic impact can do, which is probably way over what its supposed to be.

The z1 poly engine mounts add a lot of NVH at idle but aren't much different while driving other than the fact the shifts are way tighter and the stick barely moves (I still have rubber trans mount). Even still, interior trim rattles at idle along with the wheel and seats, which I expected but still not happy about. I hope they loosen up as I beat on them.

Also took the time to install a new RH compression rod (my clunk was the ball joint) and swapped out my UCAs with 30k mile stockers with whiteline poly bushings. I haven't taken any corners hard yet but I'm happy now knowing there's no original rubber bushings or mounts in the front end of my car. It's real quiet over bad roads now, I am happy!

Last edited by cswlightning; 08-17-2018 at 11:25 PM.
Old 08-17-2018, 11:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bought some R1 Concepts slotted rotors and ceramic pads. Going to install them tomorrow. Also will change the Transmission/ Differential fluid.

Also planning on meeting up with a dude to buy his Nismo S-tune with Nismo Y-pipe. Coming off his Z. Question for you guys, Do you know what size
extension Ill need to buy? I have an 04 coupe.

Old 08-18-2018, 12:08 AM
Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by riptastic
Bought some R1 Concepts slotted rotors and ceramic pads. Going to install them tomorrow. Also will change the Transmission/ Differential fluid.

Also planning on meeting up with a dude to buy his Nismo S-tune with Nismo Y-pipe. Coming off his Z. Question for you guys, Do you know what size
I am running a 350z hks rep with 8 inch extensions so I imagine that's what you'll need. I did however shuffle the exhaust tips further out after fitting the exhaust to my G - maybe an inch more. Some googling should let you know if a 10 inch would be more desirable for fitment. Careful how much you spend though as a decent muffle shop should be able to fab one up for less than $50 and it'll be the perfect/custom length for whatever fitment you want.

Old 08-18-2018, 02:12 PM
Received 115 Likes on 98 Posts

Decided to install my new pump today. Easy peasy. Car feels so responsive now and no more hard starting

Old 08-18-2018, 08:59 PM
Installed a Hotchkis from sway with new end links today, I went with the softest setting for now. I'll probably up it to the 2nd softest setting, as I didn't really notice too much of a difference. I autocross on the regular so I guess I'll have to wait and see how much of a difference it will make.

Old 08-18-2018, 09:20 PM
Just bought the Nismo S-tune (Muffler, mid pipe and y-pipe) and am impressed with the condition for the price. $480 total and the guy dropped it off.
Im going to need new gaskets and hardware tho. Should be easy enough to source. I've been looking for extensions and came across this one on Ebay.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Infiniti-G3...y/121411594744

If I buy this than I could give it a go with installing this myself although Im guessing its gonna be a pain in the *** without a lift and an extra person holding parts
up for me. Maybe Id be better off with a shop fabricating an extension and installing it. What would you guys do

Old 08-18-2018, 09:44 PM
Received 40 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by eazdaskeez

Decided to install my new pump today. Easy peasy. Car feels so responsive now and no more hard starting
I thought it makes no difference if you buy a stronger fuel pump unless you have a turbo?

Old 08-19-2018, 12:49 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Also planning on meeting up with a dude to buy his Nismo S-tune with Nismo Y-pipe. Coming off his Z. Questi1on for you guys, Do you know what size
I'm running the S-tune 8 inches will fit perfectly the tips are like 2 inches shorter than our stock exhaust. I decided not to modified it because if i ever decide to sell it. Will be so much easier keeping it original.... good luck.

Last edited by Narutonish; 08-19-2018 at 01:05 AM.
Old 08-19-2018, 12:59 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If I buy this than I could give it a go with installing this myself although Im guessing its gonna be a pain in the *** without a lift and an extra person holding parts
up for me. Maybe Id be better off with a shop fabricating an extension and installing it. What would you guys do
You could do it by yourself but will be so much easier if someone else helps you. Use WD40 to slide the hangers of the muffler into the rubber holder.

Old 08-19-2018, 12:53 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,018 Likes on 936 Posts
Originally Posted by Narutonish
You could do it by yourself but will be so much easier if someone else helps you. Use WD40 to slide the hangers of the muffler into the rubber holder.

I used grease. Would recommend grease over a water displacer.

Old 08-19-2018, 01:01 PM
Received 123 Likes on 107 Posts
Honestly, water would probably work, it's just being used as a temp lubricant. I used PB blaster.

Old 08-19-2018, 01:08 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,018 Likes on 936 Posts
Drove it a little (1780 miles).

People really like the Motordyne... Awesome.
Rotors cracked - friends don't let friends buy drilled rotors unless they are on a race car.
Ran 33F and 37R pressures all weekend. Started out at 35-38 but there was too much front wheel slide under trail braking.
Stoptech sport metallic pads did not fade once and I'll buy them a million times again. Great feel and performance. High dust.... washed the wheels daily!
I figured out I need a beefier rear sway bar because I was understeering too much. Hotchkis rear will be ordered next eBay sale .

Car will go back in the garage until the next trip! It's no longer a DD. Lots of fun this weekend with it. It really is a great drivers car.

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to the G today?-photo813.jpg   What did you do to the G today?-photo708.jpg   What did you do to the G today?-photo361.jpg   What did you do to the G today?-photo288.jpg   What did you do to the G today?-photo450.jpg  

What did you do to the G today?-photo634.jpg   What did you do to the G today?-photo892.jpg   What did you do to the G today?-photo390.jpg  
Old 08-20-2018, 02:46 AM
Received 372 Likes on 339 Posts
Nice! I didnt know rotors could crack like that.

Btw...any idea when ebay will have their next sale? I need to buy some coilovers

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: What did you do to the G today?