The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

What did you do to the G today?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 12-03-2018, 01:33 PM
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
04 6mt Coupe - motordyne 5/16 ART pipes TDX2; KWv2; Hotchkiss; custom seats.
So this weekend I was one of two idiots rooting around (in the rain/mud) at the boneyard hoping to find a diff for my truck project (and hoping for a mint coupe to somehow be out there for me). Neither was there, but I did find a Vortech v3 system on a smashed foxbody that they had put out that morning...literally got there right before the other muddy idiot claimed it. Pulled the SC kit and a couple of headlights from the greatest hits catalog to cleanup and sell for $200 and some change. The return on headlights will easily pay for the SC. Initially I was hoping the SC could be rebuilt and adapted, but looking at it now, I'm not so sure....regardless, it will yield some funds for my projects, so all good in a muddy days' work.

Old 12-03-2018, 08:23 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,018 Likes on 936 Posts
Originally Posted by TokkioDrift
So this weekend I was one of two idiots rooting around (in the rain/mud) at the boneyard hoping to find a diff for my truck project (and hoping for a mint coupe to somehow be out there for me). Neither was there, but I did find a Vortech v3 system on a smashed foxbody that they had put out that morning...literally got there right before the other muddy idiot claimed it. Pulled the SC kit and a couple of headlights from the greatest hits catalog to cleanup and sell for $200 and some change. The return on headlights will easily pay for the SC. Initially I was hoping the SC could be rebuilt and adapted, but looking at it now, I'm not so sure....regardless, it will yield some funds for my projects, so all good in a muddy days' work.
I have so many questions lol. Profitable day is a good day.

Old 12-04-2018, 02:28 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
stock G35 coupe
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer
Very nice. Old bird. My VFR800 is in the shop for a Valve Adjustment and winter storage RIP.
That's my buddies sitting in the back, I sold my 94 VFR several years ago and i miss it, all i ever upgraded on it was adding progressive springs in the front, full exhaust and a Ventura luggage rack set-up for when i took trips on it. It was by far one of the more comfortable long distance travelling bike i have ridden and always loved the V4 sound! I have owned several different bikes before and after it. I have two different riding buddies that have the 800's, both 07 models and i rode one of them through deals gap with my girlfriend at the time one the back and really considered buying one but just never did.

Old 12-04-2018, 02:47 AM
stock G35 coupe
He's right. Don't waste money on wasteful mods in the meantime. Get ones like exhaust that work for both NA and Turbo. If you are manual, Motordyne makes an awesome exhaust.
Yeah I think I am with Blue, I am not going to buy anything else to try and add power right now and I am going to start gathering information and a parts list for the overhaul. I really just had an itch to get a fix on my speed addiction with the car and just wanted a teeny bit more for now, but its senseless to blow any money on parts i wont reuse later. I was looking at and listening to sound clips of Z1 Motorsports dual exhaust system and it sounds pretty sick too. I really need to focus on what is going to be the best exhaust to mate with a fresh engine equipped with a SC, diameter will be a big deal too on exhaust when I add FI. My G is A/T, I don't think that makes that big of a difference when finding exhaust, its just got to compliment the build.

My TBW aluminum engine guard arrived today so I at least have something else I can bolt on the car this weekend, and I can reuse it so it was actually money well spent.

The following users liked this post:
Blue Dream (12-04-2018)
Old 12-04-2018, 02:50 AM
stock G35 coupe

My goodies for the day, week and probably the last until around February...

Old 12-04-2018, 10:46 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GraysG35

My goodies for the day, week and probably the last until around February...
How perfectly fitting for my experience this past week. When driving my coupe at high speeds (75+), I would hear this clunking noise that sounded as if something was in my wheel well or suspension. Spent a week trying to figure it out before a buddy sat in the car with me and told me he felt it underneath the car. Turns out I must have ran over something and my under shield was hanging down and loose. It wasn't until I hit high speeds that the wind would make it flap violently, causing me to hear the noise. I am thankful it wasn't mechanical.

Went underneath it yesterday and pinned and bolted everything up as secure as I could. But If problem persists, I will be ordering an aluminum one.

Old 12-04-2018, 12:27 PM
Received 84 Likes on 77 Posts
One owner 2004 G35 Coupe 6MT

All put away for the winter. Aside from replacing the exhaust due to a corroded flange and worn flex pipe, another trouble free year for the G.

Old 12-04-2018, 01:26 PM
stock G35 coupe
Originally Posted by FredG813
How perfectly fitting for my experience this past week. When driving my coupe at high speeds (75+), I would hear this clunking noise that sounded as if something was in my wheel well or suspension. Spent a week trying to figure it out before a buddy sat in the car with me and told me he felt it underneath the car. Turns out I must have ran over something and my under shield was hanging down and loose. It wasn't until I hit high speeds that the wind would make it flap violently, causing me to hear the noise. I am thankful it wasn't mechanical.

Went underneath it yesterday and pinned and bolted everything up as secure as I could. But If problem persists, I will be ordering an aluminum one.
FWIW, go ahead and order the aluminum one, TBW has one and also Z1, pick your poison so to speak but you can’t go wrong with either one. My plastic one has been hit several times and some mounting points on it are tore which requires a ridiculously big washer to hold it up so I decided to pull the trigger get my aluminum one so I can finally trash the crappy factory plastic one. I like the fact that TBW has an access port held in with two bolts to get to oil drain plug so everything underneath is covered and that’s a big + for me.

FredG813 (12-05-2018)
Old 12-04-2018, 02:18 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by MikeG35Coupe

All put away for the winter. Aside from replacing the exhaust due to a corroded flange and worn flex pipe, another trouble free year for the G.
I had a broken flange this year which lead me to buy the Motordyne... but it just didn't work out.

That's my buddies sitting in the back, I sold my 94 VFR several years ago and i miss it, all i ever upgraded on it was adding progressive springs in the front, full exhaust and a Ventura luggage rack set-up for when i took trips on it. It was by far one of the more comfortable long distance travelling bike i have ridden and always loved the V4 sound! I have owned several different bikes before and after it. I have two different riding buddies that have the 800's, both 07 models and i rode one of them through deals gap with my girlfriend at the time one the back and really considered buying one but just never did.
Nice bikes. I wouldn't recommend an exhaust with an Auto G unless you like Drone. I bought one of the best (Motordyne TDX2) and it still droned like crazy.

Old 12-04-2018, 02:54 PM
stock G35 coupe
Nice bikes. I wouldn't recommend an exhaust with an Auto G unless you like Drone. I bought one of the best (Motordyne TDX2) and it still droned like crazy.

One option is is for me to slap it over in manual mode.. I don’t mind the drone, the car will most likely get dynomat installed in the interior so it will lessen the drone inside hopefully. Plus, once it’s overhauled it won’t be driven daily anyway. Loud pipes save lives right?? 😂 can we adapt that bikers code to cars yet???

Old 12-04-2018, 03:17 PM
Super Moderator

One option is is for me to slap it over in manual mode.. I don’t mind the drone, the car will most likely get dynomat installed in the interior so it will lessen the drone inside hopefully. Plus, once it’s overhauled it won’t be driven daily anyway. Loud pipes save lives right?? 😂 can we adapt that bikers code to cars yet???
That is annoying on bikes as it is on cars lol.

But if you are going to sound dampen anywhere, sound dampen the trunk twice. Most of the cabin drone seems to come from the trunk area.

Old 12-04-2018, 03:43 PM
stock G35 coupe
That is annoying on bikes as it is on cars lol.

But if you are going to sound dampen anywhere, sound dampen the trunk twice. Most of the cabin drone seems to come from the trunk area.

Oh I know, but it’s different when G owners put a good exhaust on and let it sing it’s song!

Thanks for the advice on the trunk area, I will most likely double it up then, especially if I do a rear seat delete!! 🙄

Old 12-06-2018, 10:34 AM
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
04 6mt Coupe - motordyne 5/16 ART pipes TDX2; KWv2; Hotchkiss; custom seats.
Aye! I need to get on this like yesterday.

Almost hit a big @$$ buck on a bendy path this morning. My stomach is still upside down, but am thankful for seeing one of his does jump into the treeline and the brembos because he was planning on using the stand your ground act to defend his right of way - just staring and walking all slow like, "You want some of this!?!"

A short poem I wrote in response to his bravado:

Nope.
No sir, I do not.
Not at all.
Praise brembo -
I stopped in time.

cswlightning (12-06-2018)
Old 12-06-2018, 10:52 PM
Received 372 Likes on 339 Posts
Originally Posted by Edgarc6789
post the link
I need it for my fix it ticket as well lol
Yup...tow hook License plate holder does fit.

Heres the link for it.... https://www.ebay.com/itm/FOR-NISSAN-...=1573964231009

Old 12-06-2018, 11:45 PM
Received 40 Likes on 40 Posts
Thanks I ordered mine

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: What did you do to the G today?