The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

What did you do to the G today?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 11-22-2018, 07:14 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,031 Likes on 948 Posts
Originally Posted by Edgarc6789

Ita getting there
I have to get a hood latch with the cable, and both hood hinges as well
Love the front bits painted. Very nice.

Old 11-23-2018, 12:24 AM
Received 410 Likes on 368 Posts
Originally Posted by Hall Stevenson
Did a brake fluid replacement today. I originally had bought a HF vacuum bleeder that connects to an air compressor but for best results, apparently you need a powerful compressor with 5+ CFM and my 8-gallon compressor doesn't have anywhere near that so I returned it and got a MityVac 8000 instead. Everything seemed to go well although I was expecting to remove/replace a bit more fluid. I actually bought a quart bottle plus a half-quart bottle but only ended up using ~500ml. The MityVac comes with a small bottle, around 200ml (??), that the old fluid is drawn into and we never filled it at each wheel. The first wheel, the furthest from the master cylinder, we got close but there was clean, clear fluid already coming out at that point. The remaining wheels only got ~100ml out of each. The important thing is that it was drawing clean fluid.

Started it up to check pedal pressure but I had forgotten to re-engage the ABS module, which triggered the ABS light on the dash. Fixed that and took it for a drive after "feeling" out the brake pedal pressure in the driveway. Feels good. I think a placebo effect was going on as I wanted to say it felt better and maybe it did slightly. Definitely wasn't a "Whoa, this feels so much better" situation !
Unless u had air bubbles in your lines, it wont make any difference to how your brakes feel.

Old 11-23-2018, 08:55 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Scorpi0
Unless u had air bubbles in your lines, it wont make any difference to how your brakes feel.
Probably new pad bite.

My G is blowing cold as ice air when fully warmed up....... ahrnfbfjcjxjjdsj

Time to figure out why. Coolant overflow is full :6:!?

Old 11-23-2018, 02:13 PM
Received 49 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by Scorpi0
Brakes didn't feel spongy at all beforehand. My intention was new brake fluid, not bleeding air in the lines. I also wanted to have fresh fluid in before I do change the pads (Raybestos EHT) and rotors. After that, stainless brake lines at some point.

I haven't bled brakes in forever and then it was with my wife doing the pedal pumping procedure (changed a caliper). That was a pain ! Wives love helping work on cars, don't they ??

Old 11-23-2018, 10:41 PM
Premier Member

Received 468 Likes on 379 Posts
I got bored and started experimenting with stupid ricer things. Pops and bangs on deceleration. Tuners don't seem to share info online, but found some BRZ tuning videos and carried over the concept to uprev. This is why I shouldn't take days off work without an actual plan.

Screen grab is the log trace to see what cells needed to be tweaked.

Old 11-24-2018, 01:41 AM
Received 123 Likes on 107 Posts
Please send video

Old 11-24-2018, 12:36 PM
Received 123 Likes on 107 Posts
Double post but swapped out my Ebay rubber tranmission mount with the OEM mount that I filled in with 3M window weld polyurethane. It's 55-60a hardness so much softer than most of the poly mounts you can buy. The rubber mount was flexing way too much when combined with the Z1 poly engine mounts manifesting as jerkiness in lower gears and generally feeling like the transmission mount was bad even though there were no clunks or anything like that.

There's still a little shifter movement, but the new mount transforms the way the car drives (can drive around in first or second at 5000 RPM and no jerkiness) and there are no new noises. Hopefully it holds up, if not I'll make another with "real" polyurethane.

Old 11-24-2018, 01:06 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Urbanengineer
Probably new pad bite.

My G is blowing cold as ice air when fully warmed up....... ahrnfbfjcjxjjdsj

Time to figure out why. Coolant overflow is full :6:!?
Gave up took it to the local auto store. It's too cold.

Originally Posted by LoSt180
I got bored and started experimenting with stupid ricer things. Pops and bangs on deceleration. Tuners don't seem to share info online, but found some BRZ tuning videos and carried over the concept to uprev. This is why I shouldn't take days off work without an actual plan.

Screen grab is the log trace to see what cells needed to be tweaked.

They don't want us to have any fun and have cars that sound like a modern car with all the pops on decel (isn't it just extra air or fuel?).

Old 11-24-2018, 01:43 PM
Received 70 Likes on 63 Posts
Bought momentum headers from z1

Old 11-24-2018, 02:45 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Urbanengineer
Gave up took it to the local auto store. It's too cold.They don't want us to have any fun and have cars that sound like a modern car with all the pops on decel (isn't it just extra air or fuel?).
Turns out I just had air in my cooling system. What a noob. They bled out all the air and filled it up with the coolant I had in the container.

Old 11-24-2018, 06:53 PM
Super Moderator

Nope, better but still bad.

I also recently went back to the OEM finisher and radio... perhaps that is the issue.

Last edited by Urbanengineer; 11-24-2018 at 08:02 PM.
Old 11-25-2018, 09:38 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
stock G35 coupe
I decided to order the Injen RD1992P intake for my G today and also a Tolbooth Willey aluminum engine tray... still looking to buy an exhaust of sorts some time tomorrow while i can hopefully get a good deal....

Old 11-25-2018, 09:55 PM
Originally Posted by GraysG35
I decided to order the Injen RD1992P intake for my G today and also a Tolbooth Willey aluminum engine tray... still looking to buy an exhaust of sorts some time tomorrow while i can hopefully get a good deal....
what exhaust you looking to get

Old 11-25-2018, 10:04 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
stock G35 coupe
Originally Posted by Albanian122

what exhaust you looking to get
I dont really know yet, i really just want a little better sound than stock at the moment so i don't want to spend a lot of money because it will all be changed out once i start actually building the car for serious HP, Do you have a suggestion? My car is all stock right now and I am kinda of tired of "all stock." Honestly i would settle for a good condition used exhaust or possible just some down pipes new/good used to put on the stock exhaust. I replaced the Y-Pipe some time at the end of last year because the previous owner had scrapped it on something so bad it had a big hole in the mesh.

I currently have my house on the market and once it sells and I by my land to build on and get my shop built after the first of the year i will really start focusing on going all the way through my car some time starting next fall. I know whatever i buy as far as intake, exhaust etc etc now i can sell off locally once i take it off and get most of my money back because i see a good bit of younger people driving around in 04-07 z cars and a few stock G's in my area.

Old 11-25-2018, 10:15 PM
Originally Posted by GraysG35
I dont really know yet, i really just want a little better sound than stock at the moment so i don't want to spend a lot of money because it will all be changed out once i start actually building the car for serious HP, Do you have a suggestion? My car is all stock right now and I am kinda of tired of "all stock." Honestly i would settle for a good condition used exhaust or possible just some down pipes new/good used to put on the stock exhaust. I replaced the Y-Pipe some time at the end of last year because the previous owner had scrapped it on something so bad it had a big hole in the mesh.

I currently have my house on the market and once it sells and I by my land to build on and get my shop built after the first of the year i will really start focusing on going all the way through my car some time starting next fall. I know whatever i buy as far as intake, exhaust etc etc now i can sell off locally once i take it off and get most of my money back because i see a good bit of younger people driving around in 04-07 z cars and a few stock G's in my area.

honestly i would keep the stock exhaust until you decide on the exhaust you want. Motordyne is the most popular choice and best sounding in my option for a dual catback exhaust. Unless you want a single exit exhaust

motordyne exhaust is 5 percent off now for Black Friday I think but it’s a 1500 set up

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: What did you do to the G today?