The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

What do you hate about YOUR G35?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 09:30 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
The G37 is only slightly faster. It is a luxury car, not a sports car. Plus a G37 runs 40k, you can easily find many cars faster for that price.
no i understand. but you have to take it for what it is. the g series is by no means meant to be their fast car, if anything its infiniti's entry level car. however, it is the best bang for the buck out there imo. it has decent speed, great exterior + interior and decent reliability. great trade off between a luxury sports car.

ok back on topic, i think i contributed to this thread before, but i found some new things i hate about my g:

-taking almost an hour to swap out my bulbs!
-no gas door release ( ppl can just push that **** open and pour water in it! )
-paint quality sucks
-head room
-doors too heavy ( my leg always gets hit by my door swinging shut on its own)
-none of my sun glasses fit in the sunglasses cubby!
-seat belt doesnt retract on its own
-window motor starting to fail

despite all these flaws, i still love my car.

Last edited by bknewtype; 05-18-2010 at 09:47 AM.
Old 05-18-2010, 09:48 AM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
Originally Posted by bknewtype
no i understand. but you have to take it for what it is. the g series is by no means meant to be their fast car, if anything its infiniti's entry level car. however, it is the best bang for the buck out there imo. it has decent speed, great exterior + interior and decent reliability. great trade off between a luxury sports car.

ok back on topic, i think i contributed to this thread before, but i found some new things i hate about my g:

-taking almost an hour to swap out my bulbs!
-no gas door release ( ppl can just push that **** open and pour water in it! )
-paint quality sucks
-head room
-doors too heavy ( my leg always gets hit by my door swinging shut on its own)
-none of my sun glasses fit in the sunglasses cubby!

despite all these flaws, i still love my car.
I agree the G37 is good overall bang/buck... I did afterall buy one.

But about the gas release. You know it automatically locks when you lock the doors. You can only open it when the doors are unlocked.

Old 05-18-2010, 09:51 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
I agree the G37 is good overall bang/buck... I did afterall buy one.

But about the gas release. You know it automatically locks when you lock the doors. You can only open it when the doors are unlocked.
yea i know, but a lot of times when im driving i forget to lock my car, or when im sitting inside waiting for someone, someone can just pass by and yep lol GG for me. i know that can rarely happen, but it can still happen, just paranoid lol.

ok fine, ill admit it, my gas door lock is busted :X so it doesnt lock and i havnt replaced it haha.

Old 05-18-2010, 10:07 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by G3LU5
But then again, you would be wrong. I have had lots of max's and altima's try, but with no avail. Just b/c they have CLOSE to the same engine doesn't mean they are just as fast. Not being douche, sry but you are not telling the truth. The g is a fast car no matter how you slice it. I have taken every mustang gt I have tried, even took a stang cobra, proly cause it was a convertible (extra weight). The only cars that have beaten my g and very close at that were a GTO, and a Porsche 911 Turbo. I had a AMG CLK 35 come close, but we were just about equally matched, until you involve the driver, this is why I won. Of course it isn't a ZR1 Vette, or a Lambo, or Ferrari, but the G will hang just about anything that isn't over $70k. For the price the G/Z is one of teh best deal out there.
a cobra

even the older NA cobra would tear apart a g35, let alone the supercharged one

5 speed 3.5 altimas and 02-03 6 speed maximas are a drivers race..should be fairly easy for you since you race parked cobras

my bro used to have a GTO...it had some mods but it wasn't even close really

Originally Posted by TehG35
+1. Minus the "nothing more than the next civic" statement. I agree just in the past 2.5 years I've owned mine the community is getting a little more flooded with younger guys that want to slap every cheap ebay part on possible
yeah...civics are at least reliable and have good mpg..lol j/k

Last edited by Hammerhead i-Eagle Thrust; 05-18-2010 at 10:15 AM.
Old 05-18-2010, 10:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol@thread

Old 05-18-2010, 10:29 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I would definitely prefer a new STi over a new G anyday. I'm more about speed than the luxuries.. but Scoob-a-roo has really stepped it up with their interior quality and has added some bells and whistles that make the car a lot more daily driver practical.

Old 05-18-2010, 10:39 AM
maybe but subaru always seems to lose comparison tests, back in 2002 the wrx lost to an rsx in an edmunds test, a newer model lost to the fwd mazdaspeed3, the latest base wrx just lost a comparison to the much slower ad fwd GTI and the new sti lost a compro to the evo x...not saying i necessarily agree with these decisions but there is something about scoobys that looks great on paper and doesn't test well in the real world. Also my friend worked at a GM/Subaru dealer and he seems to think they aren't as reliable as they seem either...well actually I think its more of a problem if you arent dilligent about changing the oil on the turbo models

Old 05-18-2010, 10:48 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by scrapiron7
2011 Mustang GT
2011 GT500
2011 Camaro SS
2011 C6 Corvette
2011 Challenger SRT
2011 Jeep SRT8

There's 6 cars right there off the showroom floor under 70k that will spank the G.
not only spank the G but rape it lol.

the cars listed dont even have to be 2011 cars lets make it comparable by year.

1999 mustang GT
2006 mustang GT
2005 C5 corvette
2006 C6 corvette
2005 GTO
1995 supra
2002 M3
2001 S4

the list goes on every car has its pros and has its cons, all in all I love my G its the perfect blend of looks, performance, and quality.

Old 05-18-2010, 11:11 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Hammerhead i-Eagle Thrust
maybe but subaru always seems to lose comparison tests, back in 2002 the wrx lost to an rsx in an edmunds test, a newer model lost to the fwd mazdaspeed3, the latest base wrx just lost a comparison to the much slower ad fwd GTI and the new sti lost a compro to the evo x...not saying i necessarily agree with these decisions but there is something about scoobys that looks great on paper and doesn't test well in the real world. Also my friend worked at a GM/Subaru dealer and he seems to think they aren't as reliable as they seem either...well actually I think its more of a problem if you arent dilligent about changing the oil on the turbo models
I've noticed that as well. The newest model WRX has proven to me the most successful in comparison tests. Comparing the AWD turbo wrx in 2002 to the RSX-s is dumb because the rsx is 2 doors, non turbo, and fwd. Not much of a comparison at all. I would probably say the RSX is a better car myself. The 02-03 bug-eye models had some serious issues..specially the glass tranny. The 04-05s were still underpowered with the 2.0. In 06 the WRX starting getting the STi 2.5 instead of the measly 2.0, and a more modern bodystyle/interior (but a smaller turbo and other restrictions). Then the body style changed in 08 again to the 4 door or 5 door models.. then in 2009 the WRX got SIGNIFICANTLY faster with the new bodystyle. The 09+ WRX runs 0-60 in 4.7 seconds...compared to the same body style 08 that does it in 5.9. It's also faster than the STi in some areas... so why would I want the STi? lol.... They have really stepped up in the game in the past few years.. especially with the WRX. The blocks have also now proven to hold more power. Someone made a 1400 hp ~8 second STi. 0-60 in 1.9.

I have heard they are pretty rock solid cars all around, but my good friends are all mechanics (techs) and they say whenever they see issues with the subies it's because they were improperly modified or just abused.

Old 05-18-2010, 11:16 AM
Originally Posted by lilindienplaya
not only spank the G but rape it lol.

the cars listed dont even have to be 2011 cars lets make it comparable by year.

1999 mustang GT
2006 mustang GT
2005 C5 corvette
2006 C6 corvette
2005 GTO
1995 supra
2002 M3
2001 S4

the list goes on every car has its pros and has its cons, all in all I love my G its the perfect blend of looks, performance, and quality.
not so sure about the 99 stang gt, my friend's 03 gt with tuner/pulleys/3.73 gears/x-pipe/catback beat my 04(before the engine was replace for oil consumption) but in 3rd gear the g was reeling it in...a stock one would be close

ill add to your list
wrx, wrx sti
evo VIII, IX or X
s2000 (maybe)
2004 LS1 GTO (about 13.6@104 stock)
fd rx7(i think)
300zx tt
350z/370z(lol)
03-04 mustang mach 1
gmc cyclone/typhoon
ford lightning
buick grand national
genesis coupe 3.8
lexus is350
02-03 maxima 6 speed(04+ is probably too heavy)
07+ 3.5 altima 6 speed(possibly the older ones)
volvo s60r/v70r
any ls1 fbody
dodge ram srt-10
chyrsler crossfire srt-6
slk32 amg
m roadster

and of course the trio of fail
mazdaspeed3, cobalt ss t/c and SRT-4

etc etc etc

does that mean the g35 is a bad car, NO, but a fast car? not so much

its definatly a good value for luxury performance and much cheaper and easier to maintain then many of those car

Old 05-18-2010, 11:36 AM
Originally Posted by TehG35
I've noticed that as well. The newest model WRX has proven to me the most successful in comparison tests. Comparing the AWD turbo wrx in 2002 to the RSX-s is dumb because the rsx is 2 doors, non turbo, and fwd. Not much of a comparison at all. I would probably say the RSX is a better car myself. The 02-03 bug-eye models had some serious issues..specially the glass tranny. The 04-05s were still underpowered with the 2.0. In 06 the WRX starting getting the STi 2.5 instead of the measly 2.0, and a more modern bodystyle/interior (but a smaller turbo and other restrictions). Then the body style changed in 08 again to the 4 door or 5 door models.. then in 2009 the WRX got SIGNIFICANTLY faster with the new bodystyle. The 09+ WRX runs 0-60 in 4.7 seconds...compared to the same body style 08 that does it in 5.9. It's also faster than the STi in some areas... so why would I want the STi? lol.... They have really stepped up in the game in the past few years.. especially with the WRX. The blocks have also now proven to hold more power. Someone made a 1400 hp ~8 second STi. 0-60 in 1.9.

I have heard they are pretty rock solid cars all around, but my good friends are all mechanics (techs) and they say whenever they see issues with the subies it's because they were improperly modified or just abused.
yeah im always wondering if I should be driving a subaru...ill probably end up in some awd car being that i live in upstate ny now

Old 05-18-2010, 11:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hammerhead i-Eagle Thrust
yeah im always wondering if I should be driving a subaru...ill probably end up in some awd car being that i live in upstate ny now
I had an 06 STi stage 2 before I got my G. First thing I noticed was the loss of power But I had no need for AWD where I live and insurance was high.

Old 05-18-2010, 12:52 PM
Banned
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Um, theres a video of a s2k with an intake and exhaust destroying a Stock G on every run. (dead stop, 10mph roll, 25,mph roll, 55mph roll etc etc).

The G isn't that quick. And so what if it has in intake and exhaust? lol The G has a V6 and larger motor.

Besides an intake and exhaust don't do much anyways. It adds what? 10-20 more hp? That's what? A total of 240-250 hp?

Old 05-18-2010, 06:27 PM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
^umm yea a 250hp car that weighs 700lbs less than our cars, has better gearing and higher redline. I'd REALLY hope that the s2k would win against a stock G.

Old 05-18-2010, 06:31 PM
s2000s really arent much faster then G35s, ive seen videos of G's beating them on youtube i think...they have no torque

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What do you hate about YOUR G35?