Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 02:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
im 17 and gota 07 sedan!

Old 05-17-2008, 03:22 PM
Originally Posted by JTG35
"A great power comes with a great responsibility" Spider Man.
Come on..You can't give spider man credit for that...thats Yoda all the way..

I don't think the maturity level of the 16 year old or the horsepower. I think the g35 is just an all around nice car for a 16 year old to have. And to the 17 year old kid with the g37, you have the first signature I have ever seen where it breaks down the price of your car haha. Thanks for letting all of us know how rich your parents are

Old 05-17-2008, 03:24 PM
My first car was a 1977 Ford Maverick (pea green color). Talk about power!

Old 05-17-2008, 03:51 PM
Yea 19 and have an 03. My advice is get the G and go buy a less expensive car to just drive around to school and other stuff so your not putting a lot of miles on your G and putting it at risk. I'm thinking about gettin an old junker truck just to drive to work and college. You'll care about it and appreciate it a lot more if you buy it yourself...

Old 05-17-2008, 03:59 PM
Originally Posted by SteveBlake
Ok F@G, i was simply stating i dont slack off, and if i wanted to i would have stayed in high school all four years but you had to be an A$$HOLE and say something rude like that. Frankly, i can say whatever the hell i want about my car so get off my nuts and NO this car does not have too much power for a 16 year old. (For me at least) Also i don't try hard at all and i'm graduating early...

The fact that you started swearing and using profanity language doesn't make you a bit tougher/manly, instead it only tell us the comments I stated above were mostly held true. You got angry because you knew it is true and you have got nothing else to say but some pathetic F words.

This may not be perfecly co-related, but a mature peson will usually try to use sound logic and facts to reason with people and make them understand his/her underlying thoughts, which I don't see any of that in you. (not that i am surprised, anyways.)

Of course you can say whatever the hell you want about your G, you can even make a claim that Lamborghini Reventon doesn't have enough horsepower for a pimp like you. But that won't impress anybody until you've shown the adequate maturity and skills to handle these machines.

And just a sidenote, During my life and career, I have seen many people bragging about their achievement in career, how much money they make annually, what sort of financial/accouting designations they acquired, business sales target that they met, etc. But never had I seen anybody bragging about finishing HIGH SCHOOOL one year sooner.. you might as well tell us you deserve your G because you finish your lunch box an hour quicker than everone in your class everyday... c'mon. give us a break.

Nice chatting with you.

Old 05-17-2008, 03:59 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Thought this horse woul've been processed and packed by now. Geez, louise, YES A G IS WAY TOO MUCH POWER FOR THE AVERAGE 16 YR. OLD. If you don't think so, I'm sure you drove a GT3 or a RUF 911 before, you sir are a God. WOW. Guess if you can afford it and are 16 yrs. of age, that alone would tell me that you should be bright enough to come up with the conclusion that guess what, here it is again. YES A G IS WAY TOO MUCH POWER FOR THE AVERAGE 16 YR. OLD.
GL with your decision, if you do buy it, post pics when you total it, please.

Old 05-17-2008, 04:03 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by AGThing1227
Insurance to me is like a College application reader. All they know about you is what is on paper(And that is age for insurance companies). They don't know you and nor do they care. They are in it for money. It is just an excuse to charge more to EVERY teeneger. Are their more teen accidents than adults? I don't know but I pay a premium that even a 40 year old with 5 accidents and 10 tickets doesnt even pay. it's not fair but that is apart of the package of being a teen. Their are just more adult drivers than teens. I think that is one major reason why it makes us look so much worst.
Sorry, I disagree. I work for xxx and see the statistics reported to the government. Teenagers do get into more accidents and typically have greater damage, physical injury or fatalities than any other driver age group. Because of this, insurance companies know you are more likely to get into an accident and therefore need to recoup the losses they are going to sustain. You have to look at the averages - just because one 40 year driver has a ton of tickets doesn't mean all 40 year old drivers drive this way. On average they do not. But this makes it appear that the bad 40 year old is getting away with it but in reality, he is in the minority for 40 year old drivers so his rate is not as high.
By the same token, you may be an excellent teenage driver with no tickets or accidents. However, you are a minority in your age group and unfortunately you are paying for all the other bad teenage drivers. It's all a part of statistics.

Last edited by g35dalf; 01-02-2013 at 12:42 AM.
Old 05-17-2008, 04:07 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
the question should be "is a 16 year old too irresponsible for a G35"

Old 05-17-2008, 05:22 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
at 16, the G would have been stupid fast for me.

I had 230hp and that was already stupid fast...

Hell, when I bought my first car with 125hp, I honestly thought it was fast.

I'm 22 now, and my cars probably have more power than I need

Old 05-17-2008, 05:26 PM
having the power is nice, it really depends on the person.. i'll admit i go WOT every once in a while, but most of the time I cruise the speed limit or nothing more than 5mph over.. the power comes in handy when some dumba** changes lanes and almost clips your rear or when you're passing a large semi on the freeway.. anyways I don't think it really matters what car you drive, it's the person's mentality and experience that makes the car dangerous

Old 05-17-2008, 05:26 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by elayman
the question should be "is a 16 year old too irresponsible for a G35"

Well said.

Old 05-17-2008, 05:32 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by g35dalf
Well said.
I consider myself above average in terms of maturity, but sometimes, the urge is just overpowering, and I WILL go fast. Even now.

Difference is, at 16, I'd do it anytime, where as now, I'll only do it when I know it's (relatively) safe, and that I can't hurt anyone else.

Old 05-17-2008, 05:36 PM
oo almost 1000 posts aren't you guys excited for me almost been a year since i've joined too

Old 05-17-2008, 05:53 PM
Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts
I'm 20 yrs old and booooooooosted Spent over 40k on aftermarket parts in and out of my car, and no my parents didn't pay 1 penny for it........

Old 05-17-2008, 05:57 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by g35dalf
Sorry, I disagree. I work for a major police force and see the statistics reported to the government (UCR). Teenagers do get into more accidents and typically have greater damage, physical injury or fatalities than any other driver age group. Because of this, insurance companies know you are more likely to get into an accident and therefore need to recoup the losses they are going to sustain. You have to look at the averages - just because one 40 year driver has a ton of tickets doesn't mean all 40 year old drivers drive this way. On average they do not. But this makes it appear that the bad 40 year old is getting away with it but in reality, he is in the minority for 40 year old drivers so his rate is not as high.
By the same token, you may be an excellent teenage driver with no tickets or accidents. However, you are a minority in your age group and unfortunately you are paying for all the other bad teenage drivers. It's all a part of statistics.
Absolutely 100% correct. I am an insurance broker/agent here in Cali and I can tell you that insurance rates directly reflect the age/gender group that you are in (along with a few other things). Insurance companies can't arbitrarily (sp?) charge people whatever they want. All rates must be approved by the Department of Insurance. Insurance companies must submit their proposed rates to the DOI and submit justification for these rates. All insurance companies have people called actuaries that do nothing but crunch numbers all day long figuring stuff like this out. And it is a proven fact that teenagers/young drivers get into a LOT more accidents and get a LOT more tickets than your average 30-40 year old. And because insurance companies have to pay so much more out to pay for accidents caused by teenage drivers, they turn around and offset the cost by charging teenage drivers much more than the average 30-40 year old. Then you add a high performance (another way of saying high risk in the insurance industry) vehicle into the mix with a teenage driver . . . look out. The fact is (and it is statistically a fact, not opinion) drivers with more experience get into less accidents and have less tickets than younger drivers with less experience.

Last edited by Hexxum001; 05-17-2008 at 06:01 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: too much power for a 16 year old?