G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

OFFICIAL "What Mods Should I Buy for my Coupe?" Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 07-29-2012, 01:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What mod is the best mod in terms of power gain for the cheapest price? I was looking at intakes but from what I've read on here they don't really do anything to gain power

Old 07-29-2012, 02:04 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Houston Coupe
What mod is the best mod in terms of power gain for the cheapest price? I was looking at intakes but from what I've read on here they don't really do anything to gain power
Motordyne 5/16 spacers along with an coldair intake

Old 07-31-2012, 01:54 AM
Going to buy the ionic Gialla replica grill on my lakeshore blue 05' coupe. Should i get it painted black or get it painted OEM lakeshore blue? I have never seen either one and have no idea what it would look like but I like this grill a lot.

I have black 20's, tinted headlights, and blacked out taillights if that makes any difference....

Thanks for the input!!

Last edited by L_Jahfari; 07-31-2012 at 02:13 AM.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:25 AM
Originally Posted by Skyline0811
Motordyne 5/16 spacers along with an coldair intake
Does the power come from the spacer or the MREV2 manifold? Or do you need both to get performance out of them.

Old 08-02-2012, 04:51 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by cbrg35
Does the power come from the spacer or the MREV2 manifold? Or do you need both to get performance out of them.
Spacers will give you 20hp and intake ranges 8-20hp depends on weather temp

Old 08-02-2012, 08:28 PM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
Depends on what model you have. The spacer will suffice on any 03/04 model and the 5AT (non-revup engine), the MREV2 is required for the 05+ 6MT (revup engine).

Originally Posted by Skyline0811
Spacers will give you 20hp and intake ranges 8-20hp depends on weather temp
If you believe what the manufactures claim, in real life your not going to see those gains.

Old 08-03-2012, 12:46 PM
Originally Posted by herrschaft
Depends on what model you have. The spacer will suffice on any 03/04 model and the 5AT (non-revup engine), the MREV2 is required for the 05+ 6MT (revup engine).

If you believe what the manufactures claim, in real life your not going to see those gains.
I have an 06 6MT Rev Up VQ35DE
A sticky page had some dyno tests that shows the spacer doing nothing. I know a new manifold will add some power but evey where i look it says to couple it with the spacer. im not sure if they just want to sell the spacers so they scam us to couple them or if the new manifold will greatly benifit from a spacer. If anyone has both mods let me know if the spacer is worth the $260

https://g35driver.com/forums/engine-...um-spacer.html

Old 08-03-2012, 02:32 PM
I have an 06 6MT Rev Up VQ35DE
A sticky page had some dyno tests that shows the spacer doing nothing. I know a new manifold will add some power but evey where i look it says to couple it with the spacer. im not sure if they just want to sell the spacers so they scam us to couple them or if the new manifold will greatly benifit from a spacer. If anyone has both mods let me know if the spacer is worth the $260

https://g35driver.com/forums/engine-...um-spacer.html
The lower intake manifold is different between the revup and non-revup engines. Your car which has the revup will require both the spacer and the MREV2, my car which has a non-revup only requires the spacer. Its not a scam, the owner of MororDyne (the company that makes the spacers and MREV2) has said before that their spacers by themselves won't work on the revup. The MREV2 is merely a re-machined lower intake plenum off of a non-revup, but it was altered to allow more airflow. With those 2 combined you will see the gains.

The following users liked this post:
cbrg35 (08-03-2012)
Old 08-09-2012, 01:12 PM
Here are some pics of my car so far. Duraflex bumper, Lorenzo WL27 staggered 19s, spyder black CCFL halo LED drl headlights, painted tailights GTR style, OEM rear wing, window tint, JL Audio 10w6 custom sealed enclosure, JL amp, Pioneer 7" 2din touchscreen headunit. I am stuck on whether to go for power and if so what to get or to continue with exterior. Any suggestions on what to do next?

Old 08-09-2012, 01:45 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Im starting researching my next set of mods and could use some advice. i have an 04 coupe A/T .
so far i have :
plenum spacer
z tube
invidia q300 exhaust
BC coilovers w/ spc camber front/rear
hotchkis sways
oem wheels w/ spacers
full body kit
full audio.

i know i want the jdm tail lights, and projector headlights (prob just oem 06's). but i was wondering what else would be worth it. its still a DD so i dont want to go FI yet (need another car before i do that). but i am looking to keep playing around with stuff. i talked to someone about a transgo possibly.

thanks !
Not

Old 08-17-2012, 08:48 PM
Alright guys, looks like it's my turn. So just to fill you in, I just purchased an 04 G35 coupe 6MT black. Has 20" MSR wheels on it, brembo brakes, exhaust, intake, in dash double din. I'm just not sure on what brand everything is, and what to do next.

I'm not really big on performance, sure who doesn't like to go fast. But I'm more for looks, and I don't really like these rims on the car. I'm planning on debadging it soon. Either leaving the symbol on or taking that off as well. I would drop it a little to make it more flush, but when I drive on bumpy roads, I can feel my car hitting something. Sounds like the tire, everytime it bounces up and down. Not sure if this is the stock suspension, or if that needs upgrading.

I was reading around and I came across spacers, that's probably something I'm going to do next if not already done. How would I be able to check if this car already has them or not?
I'm also not sure what kind of front bumper/grill that is. But I'm thinking about changing that out also.

At this point if the spacers haven't already been put in the car, I'm not sure what else performance wise I would be able to do with around $600ish. So if there is anything noticablly different I could do, I'll do that. Otherwise I'm probably just going to go for amp/sub/speakers or body finishes here and there. Let me know guys, thanks!

Sorry for so many pictures, I just wanted to be clean about the car lol. Thanks for any info!

Edit: I was also thinking about doing my taillights. Since it's an 04, I was wondering if I could get projectors from like an 06 and fit them inside my car? Would it be easier to just go with the whole headlight at that point?

Last edited by Maisum; 08-19-2012 at 01:08 AM.
Old 08-18-2012, 12:45 AM
Originally Posted by Maisum
I'm not really big on performance, sure who doesn't like to go fast. But I'm more for looks, and I don't really like these rims on the car. I'm planning on debadging it soon. Either leaving the symbol on or taking that off as well. I would drop it a little to make it more flush, but when I drive on bumpy roads, I can feel my car hitting something. Sounds like the tire, everytime it bounces up and down. Not sure if this is the stock suspension, or if that needs upgrading.
I would start checking all of the bushings in the front. I'm guessing its the compression rod bushings.

I was reading around and I came across spacers, that's probably something I'm going to do next if not already done. How would I be able to check if this car already has them or not?
I'm also not sure what kind of front bumper/grill that is. But I'm thinking about changing that out also.
The front bumper is stock with a Gialla grill inserted. If your referring to the plenum spacer, just look for a piece of metal in between the upper and lower plenum. May not be the same color but it will look similar to this:

At this point if the spacers haven't already been put in the car, I'm not sure what else performance wise I would be able to do with around $600ish. So if there is anything noticablly different I could do, I'll do that. Otherwise I'm probably just going to go for amp/sub/speakers or body finishes here and there. Let me know guys, thanks!
An Osiris tune will probably be a little more than $600 but the results should be noticeable.

As for the headlights, I don't know the specifics on it but many people have swapped for 06 projectors w/ballasts so it shouldn't be too hard to find threads regarding this.

Old 08-18-2012, 12:53 AM
Originally Posted by hdmark
Im starting researching my next set of mods and could use some advice. i have an 04 coupe A/T .
so far i have :
plenum spacer
z tube
invidia q300 exhaust
BC coilovers w/ spc camber front/rear
hotchkis sways
oem wheels w/ spacers
full body kit
full audio.

i know i want the jdm tail lights, and projector headlights (prob just oem 06's). but i was wondering what else would be worth it. its still a DD so i dont want to go FI yet (need another car before i do that). but i am looking to keep playing around with stuff. i talked to someone about a transgo possibly.

thanks !
Not
Unless you plan on getting anymore bolt-ons a tune should be your next mod. The Transgo is a good option, as long as you don't mind the firmer shifting at higher throttle.

Old 08-19-2012, 11:35 PM
Originally Posted by Beebo
ART pipes sound great with the invidia gemini

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_U5CF...eature=related

damn music kinda kills it lol
Shoulda launched right after the drop hit on the song ahah

Old 08-25-2012, 08:12 AM
Whats goin on? I have a 04 6MT I have a full stillen exhaust, headers, and cold air intake. I just ordered 5/16 spacer and MREV2 once those are on its going to get a tune and dyno. Would it be a preferred to get lets say the NEO APEXI AFC? and if so would it be best to get it on the car before the tune or after, im lost in what would be a good next step. any advise would be awesome thanks.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL "What Mods Should I Buy for my Coupe?" Thread