G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

OFFICIAL "What Mods Should I Buy for my Coupe?" Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 11-13-2013, 08:01 PM
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
if i were you...
debadge your fear, or just remove the g35. im personally fully debadged but the infiniti logo itself on the trunk looks real nice as well.
coilovers(your car needs a drop to look decent)
remove the spoiler, i think 06-07 spoilers are ugly compared to first gen g35s(totally your choice though)
sideskirts and bumper would make the car stand out..(impul, nismo, kuruma z)
either black out your grille or get a gialla grille
tint your windows as well all around but leave the 6 inch on windshield

also md 5/16 spacers is a great idea.. but a osiris tune is even better.

Last edited by g35fnatic; 11-13-2013 at 08:06 PM.
Old 11-13-2013, 08:03 PM
Banned
Received 989 Likes on 825 Posts
Originally Posted by jd100
Hey guys I have a black 2007 g35 coupe 5AT. I'll have had it for 2 years in January. I just joined on here and have learned more about this car in a week then I have since I've had it lol. So far I've done wheels/tires but don't like the rims anymore and there 19s and I'm going with 20s now. I'm also dropping it aswell soon. Other then that got the tint done, clear corners and injen intake. What do you guys think I should do next? I was thinking a MD 5/16 plenum spacer. I'm not sure what I want to do with the performance as its an automatic, I know it doesn't matter but I kind of want a 6MT cause its getting boring, hence why I want to do more mods to it so I can be fully satisfied with it before I get a different car. Any help would be great, thanks.
car looks good as is. "less is more"
definitely get a drop but why not try a nicer set of 19's?
the spacer would be good for you as you are non rev up and would see some decent gains from it. if youre not gonna drop a lot of money into the car, (sounds like youll get rid of it one day), maybe a tune would fit your needs.

Old 11-13-2013, 08:11 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by krilla95
if i were you...
remove the spoiler, i think 06-07 spoilers are ugly compared to first gen g35s(totally your choice though)

also md 5/16 spacers is a great idea.. btu a osiris tune is even better.
Im debating right mow between coilovers or just some 350z s-tech springs. I actually think the new spoilers are nicer, more suttle and not so gimicky but thats just preference. Im going to leave the body alone as i dont want to spend alot of money on the mods. Im going to black out the grill for sure. Plasti dip or paint? My windows were tinted 35% all around but its illegal to tint the front ones where i live (Vancouver, Canada) and ive gotten 3 tickets for them already, 4th time my car is impounded for 30 days and i pay 1000 bucks to get it back, ridiculous i know. Everyone gets the spacer, is it really that critical? Im also going to think about the tune. How much hp gain are people saying? Thanks for the input man.

Old 11-13-2013, 08:20 PM
if i were you...
debadge your fear, or just remove the g35. im personally fully debadged but the infiniti logo itself on the trunk looks real nice as well.

also md 5/16 spacers is a great idea.. but a osiris tune is even better.
Originally Posted by jerseytaylor
car looks good as is. "less is more"
definitely get a drop but why not try a nicer set of 19's?
the spacer would be good for you as you are non rev up and would see some decent gains from it. if youre not gonna drop a lot of money into the car, (sounds like youll get rid of it one day), maybe a tune would fit your needs.
Im a sucker for bigger rims, i didnt really know what i was doing before. I was actually thinking of 22s first lol. I also want the fender gap completely gone and dont wanna have to drop the car alot. How much gain from the spacer? Does it change anything else? I ultimately wanna change wheels and stance of the car and get a audio system since im a big music head.

Old 11-13-2013, 08:20 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Maybe better wheels/tires. The 19" Rays oem are the lightest and best for the cheap price IMO. If you're not into a spacer(I only just now ordered mine) get a Z tube+kn filter, you'll open up some ponies and it'll sound quicker too. I'd also recommend a strut bar if you can find one for cheap. It will tighten up the steering response and make it more calm over bumps/tracks. Also, any chance you are allowed tint with a medical waiver? In Virginia you can tell an optemetrist to write you a note and a lower tint percent is allowed. Maybe an exhaust also? A decent one for very cheap is an hks knockoff+magnaFlow x pipe+titanium tips. Gives it a lot more powerful look, and gives it some bark, but not annoyingly so. <$500 and pretty decent for a no brand setup. Also, transgo could be interesting for you? Speeds up the auto shifts. I'm not into lowering cars much, but rather performance. With that being said, maybe it's time for a 6mt? also, a quick and easily seen mod might be to get some overlays for the headlights. Not tint, but rather the surrounding areas. Could look great. Please don't get 20's, they might look good but those are heavy and honestly anything that detracts from the sport in a sports car is lame IMO.

Last edited by valdaviper1; 11-13-2013 at 08:25 PM.
Old 11-13-2013, 08:21 PM
Im debating right mow between coilovers or just some 350z s-tech springs. I actually think the new spoilers are nicer, more suttle and not so gimicky but thats just preference. Im going to leave the body alone as i dont want to spend alot of money on the mods. Im going to black out the grill for sure. Plasti dip or paint? My windows were tinted 35% all around but its illegal to tint the front ones where i live (Vancouver, Canada) and ive gotten 3 tickets for them already, 4th time my car is impounded for 30 days and i pay 1000 bucks to get it back, ridiculous i know. Everyone gets the spacer, is it really that critical? Im also going to think about the tune. How much hp gain are people saying? Thanks for the input man.
Glad you like the spoiler, to each's own.
Im running 20% tint all around and have never gotten a ticket with it yet and when I do I pull the PBA cards will come out
I plasti dipped my front grille because I was afraid I wouldnt like it but it looks sick. If i were you I would plasti dip it as well because its cheap and efficient. You only need one can and that can will be able to replastidip your grille maybe 3 times incase anything happens to the dip.
Spacers are not critical but its a good bang for the buck.. you'll feel some power around mid range RPM's.
Tune is dyno proven to give you a extra 10-15 hp.

Old 11-13-2013, 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by valdaviper1
Maybe better wheels/tires. The 19" Rays oem are the lightest and best for the cheap price IMO. If you're not into a spacer(I only just now ordered mine) get a Z tube+kn filter, you'll open up some ponies and it'll sound quicker too. I'd also recommend a strut bar if you can find one for cheap. It will tighten up the steering response and make it more calm over bumps/tracks. Also, any chance you are allowed tint with a medical waiver? In Virginia you can tell an optemetrist to write you a note and a lower tint percent is allowed. Maybe an exhaust also? A decent one for very cheap is an hks knockoff+magnaFlow x pipe+titanium tips. Gives it a lot more powerful look, and gives it some bark, but not annoyingly so. <$500 and pretty decent for a no brand setup. Also, transgo could be interesting for you? Speeds up the auto shifts. I'm not into lowering cars much, but rather performance. With that being said, maybe it's time for a 6mt?
Wheels and tires are coming soon. I have an injen intake and am happy with the sound. I will look for a strut bar. That sounds like a good idea, i will find out tmrw about the tint. If i got an exhaust i would get the motordyne shockwave with the art pipes, it sounds awesome, but i personally need a 6mt for that lol. If only i could do a swap with someone with similar specs.

Old 11-13-2013, 08:46 PM
Banned
definitely go the exhaust and ART pipes route

Old 11-13-2013, 08:50 PM
Banned
Glad you like the spoiler, to each's own.
Im running 20% tint all around and have never gotten a ticket with it yet and when I do I pull the PBA cards will come out
I plasti dipped my front grille because I was afraid I wouldnt like it but it looks sick. If i were you I would plasti dip it as well because its cheap and efficient. You only need one can and that can will be able to replastidip your grille maybe 3 times incase anything happens to the dip.
Spacers are not critical but its a good bang for the buck.. you'll feel some power around mid range RPM's.
Tune is dyno proven to give you a extra 10-15 hp.
dipping something like a grille is understandable for a short time. eventually youll want to upgrade from rubber paint and put a quality paint job on it.

Old 11-13-2013, 09:12 PM
Originally Posted by jerseytaylor
dipping something like a grille is understandable for a short time. eventually youll want to upgrade from rubber paint and put a quality paint job on it.
Did you actually bring it to a body shop to paint for you? Or did you do it yourself with spray paint(primer, paint and clearcoat cans)

Old 11-13-2013, 09:13 PM
What spoiler is this on the black g guys?

Old 11-13-2013, 09:18 PM
What spoiler is this on the black g guys? http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NJZ75Vi5Y5A
That isnt a spoiler.. thats a whole new trunk.
HD-R

Old 11-13-2013, 09:19 PM
That isnt a spoiler.. thats a whole new trunk.
HD-R
Damnit, i knew it lol

Old 11-15-2013, 12:02 AM
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Hey guys I have a black 2007 g35 coupe 5AT. I'll have had it for 2 years in January. I just joined on here and have learned more about this car in a week then I have since I've had it lol. So far I've done wheels/tires but don't like the rims anymore and there 19s and I'm going with 20s now. I'm also dropping it aswell soon. Other then that got the tint done, clear corners and injen intake. What do you guys think I should do next? I was thinking a MD 5/16 plenum spacer. I'm not sure what I want to do with the performance as its an automatic, I know it doesn't matter but I kind of want a 6MT cause its getting boring, hence why I want to do more mods to it so I can be fully satisfied with it before I get a different car. Any help would be great, thanks.
If you need a plenum spacer, lmk. I have an unused AAM angled spacer. Supposed to run the most even afr across all cylinders of all spacers

Old 11-20-2013, 11:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bought wheels, dropped on springs and used spacers for the flush fitment. Now what? Lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL "What Mods Should I Buy for my Coupe?" Thread