G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Does A/T Really have more TORQUE than M/T??????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 03:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol. A/T is non rev up, it has 10ftlbs more torque, but almoat 20 less HP due to red lind change. and it is still and automatic, and it will never be anything like a manual.

Old 10-19-2010, 03:29 AM
Originally Posted by jsdrn
Nissan GTR is auto trans, Lexus ISF is auto trans, Ferrari 599 has an f1 sequential auto trans option. BMW M series offer auto trans. The point behind these high end cars having an auto trans is that they can shift faster. That being said, i still prefer driving a stick.
all of those cars run a sequential dual clutch set up. more lile a manual transmission because it utalizes a clutch, not a torque converter….

Old 10-19-2010, 03:46 AM
Received 149 Likes on 113 Posts
Originally Posted by IP350GT
I know where this thread is going.
I was thinking the same thing! LOL!

Old 10-19-2010, 04:16 AM
JBF
Received 686 Likes on 365 Posts
my car has a centrifugal variable transmission...

my car > 6mt and 5at at the same time

Old 10-19-2010, 04:17 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
the non rev up has more torque then the rev up, has nothing to do with the tranny...idiots

id still take the rev up

Old 10-19-2010, 05:13 AM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
Does A/T Really have more TORQUE than M/T??????
At the crank yes, at the wheels no.

G = Sports Car???........Definitely not

Old 10-19-2010, 05:55 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
that chick stick in cars like the smgII in the M's shifts faster than any manual can/any physical hand can. is manual more fun? (in light traffic and twisty roads yes) is auto nice? ( FUUUUUCK yeah, i can do much more while driving safely and my girl can drive my G and i can be sexy in my passenger seat while she looks good driving it) LOL

Old 10-19-2010, 06:24 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Old 10-19-2010, 07:52 AM
I have owned MT and AT cars. I like to drive cars with a MT but getting stuck in bumper to bumber traffic is worse with an MT which is why I now have an AT.

With a Transgo VB kit I would think the AT would shift faster than an MT depending on the driver...

For me, having an AT for a DD makes sense...

Old 10-19-2010, 10:05 AM
Originally Posted by herrschaft
At the crank yes, at the wheels no.

G = Sports Car???........Definitely not
why isn't the G a sports car? its more sporty then a lot of the other cars that have been called sports cars...like the maxima for example

its too close to a z to not be a sports car, unless the z isnt a sports car either

Old 10-19-2010, 10:17 AM
Canada, eh?

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
^it's not a sports car. It's an entry level luxury sport coupe. Once you start adding in all the extra features of the G it isn't a sports car.

Also someone compared autos in high end cars.. Um they are not autos. They as as much as a manual as a G35 6MT.. just doesn't have a clutch. They still are considered manuals..

Old 10-19-2010, 10:21 AM
Originally Posted by Hammerhead i-Eagle Thrust
why isn't the G a sports car? its more sporty then a lot of the other cars that have been called sports cars...like the maxima for example

its too close to a z to not be a sports car, unless the z isnt a sports car either
i would agree. also remember that this thread is bashing the torque of the MT cars to make the AT drivers feel better, so also remember that the AT cars usually have the softer suspension, when the MT cars have the "sport package" that is designed to make the car feel more like a sports car. i personally feel that with the longer wheel base of the G and the sport package with the 6mt, i feel that it is more capeable than most 350Zs. it is all personal opinion though. so personally i will not trade my 06 g35 6mt for any auto G. and im not being ignorant, my father owns an auto G…

Old 10-19-2010, 10:44 AM
Originally Posted by Canadian
^it's not a sports car. It's an entry level luxury sport coupe. Once you start adding in all the extra features of the G it isn't a sports car.

Also someone compared autos in high end cars.. Um they are not autos. They as as much as a manual as a G35 6MT.. just doesn't have a clutch. They still are considered manuals..
so M3s arent sports cars?

i mean its a z with back seats, the suspension is interchangable, its more sporty then a z roadster. you can get leather can nav in a z, the only extra feature in G would be climate control and a few other things that have nothing to do with anything. I mean its a gray area, but idk

Last edited by Hammerhead i-Eagle Thrust; 10-19-2010 at 10:50 AM.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:12 AM
Canada, eh?

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Hammerhead i-Eagle Thrust
so M3s arent sports cars?

i mean its a z with back seats, the suspension is interchangable, its more sporty then a z roadster. you can get leather can nav in a z, the only extra feature in G would be climate control and a few other things that have nothing to do with anything. I mean its a gray area, but idk
A sports car also needs to be performance orientated. The G is not. An M3 is. A 350Z is. They are both well balanced cars. A G is a fat overweight fat that isn't very quick or fast in stock form.

Old 10-19-2010, 11:41 AM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
Originally Posted by nicbaines
i would agree. also remember that this thread is bashing the torque of the MT cars to make the AT drivers feel better, so also remember that the AT cars usually have the softer suspension, when the MT cars have the "sport package" that is designed to make the car feel more like a sports car. i personally feel that with the longer wheel base of the G and the sport package with the 6mt, i feel that it is more capeable than most 350Zs. it is all personal opinion though. so personally i will not trade my 06 g35 6mt for any auto G. and im not being ignorant, my father owns an auto G…
^My car is an auto and it came with the sport package and the 3.5FD VLSD as well. Even with coilovers, sway bars, strut bars and Hancook V12 tires, I still have a hard time keeping up with a lightly modded Z in the turns. And this thread is not trying to bash the 6MT's. We all should know stock for stock a 6MT will dyno more then a 5AT of similar years.

The 350Z was designed from the ground up for performance, thats why I would consider that to be a sports car, the G35 was not. Don't know much about the M3 series but I know they out perform a G35 in every catagory and performance is BMW's heritage.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Does A/T Really have more TORQUE than M/T??????