G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Does A/T Really have more TORQUE than M/T??????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 01:13 PM
Received 264 Likes on 147 Posts
Originally Posted by g2flip4
why do stupid threads like this go on for pages? At vs mt and 2dr vs 4dr threads shouldnt be allowed on this site. Nothing but a bunch of fu(king idiots arguing with each other on the internet.

:clap: opcorn: :clap:
+1.

Old 10-19-2010, 01:23 PM
Received 149 Likes on 113 Posts
Originally Posted by Canadian
Is a Porsche Cayenne a sports car? No.
To be honest, the Cayenne turbo put out some pretty decent numbers for what it is even though it's not considered a sports car. I'd sure drive it.

Originally Posted by G2FLIP4
Why do stupid threads like this go on for pages? AT vs MT and 2DR vs 4DR threads shouldnt be allowed on this site. Nothing but a bunch of fu(king idiots arguing with each other on the Internet.

BTW, I don't see much of an argument here. It's a car forum. We discuss cars. Just cause it's performance related, doesn't mean we can't discuss it. If it were a Hellaflush, Yo!, rear window sticker angle debate where the cars remain stagnant, this would be 10 pages by now.

Old 10-19-2010, 01:36 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
hellafail

Old 10-19-2010, 01:40 PM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
The Z is the sports car.

The G coupe is the old mans luxury car.

The G sedan is the middle age w/ kids luxury car.

Old 10-19-2010, 01:47 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
i guess

i think the coupes and z's were were spoiled 18 year olds cars or low budget ballas, sedans were cocky late 20s-early 40s DBs and now that most of them are on their 2nd owner they are a mix of former honda ricers, ghetto trash(really low budget ballas), and people who want a bargain on a sporty rwd car with a little torque

all I know was back in 2005 people on this forum thought they had the best cars in the history of the universe

Old 10-19-2010, 01:57 PM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
Originally Posted by G2FLIP4
Why do stupid threads like this go on for pages? AT vs MT and 2DR vs 4DR threads shouldnt be allowed on this site. Nothing but a bunch of fu(king idiots arguing with each other on the Internet.

I don't see any of those topics being discussed here. Mainly opinions about different cars, strange to find discussions like that on this type of forum I guess...

Old 10-19-2010, 02:00 PM
Banned
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
LOL at comparing an ISF, GTR and a Ferrari to a G35 6mt.

Old 10-19-2010, 02:01 PM
Originally Posted by Jairen
BTW, I don't see much of an argument here. It's a car forum. We discuss cars. Just cause it's performance related, doesn't mean we can't discuss it. If it were a Hellaflush, Yo!, rear window sticker angle debate where the cars remain stagnant, this would be 10 pages by now.
The problem is, everytime this topic is posted, it's always the same stuff posted: MT owners bash AT owners, AT owners bash MT owners, someone brings up high end cars with "auto" tranny's, someone corrects them that they are indeed manual, blah blah blah. In the end, no one has learned anything and no one's opinion has changed. And the thread always ends up going super off topic.

So who's gonna use Google TV?

Old 10-19-2010, 02:33 PM
Received 149 Likes on 113 Posts
Originally Posted by Silencer_0
The problem is, everytime this topic is posted, it's always the same stuff posted: MT owners bash AT owners, AT owners bash MT owners, someone brings up high end cars with "auto" tranny's, someone corrects them that they are indeed manual, blah blah blah. In the end, no one has learned anything and no one's opinion has changed. And the thread always ends up going super off topic.

So who's gonna use Google TV?
That is true about people claiming DSG/Dual Clutch transmission are automatics when in fact it is more of a manual transmission mechanically which is why it is termed "automated manual".

Going back on topic.

Yes the auto is rated to have more tq. The auto is just as capable as a manual in terms of performance and is more consistant on the track in a straight line. As for the manual, there is a bigger chance of user error which is why it lacks in consistency. In a manual, a clutch pedal is used and gears have to be rowed and synchros have to match when shifting at the most effective part of the powerband at the right RPM's without activating the rev limiter to get get the most effective shift. Multiply that by the number of shifts require in a quarter mile (3 shifts, 1-4th gear) and you'll see the user error kicks in.

As for the auto, yes IMHO, yes is less of a "fun factor" (for me), but it doesn't have to worry about missing gears. Do a VB upgrade and it shifts just as hard as a manual. Plus when you hear the sound of an auto, you can tell it's an auto by the sound the exhaust note makes when shifting gears. The auto also does suck up a few extra ponies on the dyno, not too much though. Then there's the whole drivability in traffic, but that's a dead horse debate.

For somoe reason, I wonder how an auto would do on a REVUP but I don't think anyone has done a manual to auto on a REVUP.

If the G in the future came with a dual clutch, we'd be golden. Best of both worlds.

Just for comparisons sake, here's mine and Butkiss1's dyno. Done on the same dyno on the same day, but I (manual) don't have Motordyne ART pipes and I'm using the stock headers. Butkiss1 has Stillen headers.

Auto

Manual

Last edited by Jairen; 10-19-2010 at 02:45 PM.
Old 10-19-2010, 02:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i just think the g coupe is one the best looking cars on the road...with some speed. you can pretty much make any car go fast...its all about the looks to me

Old 10-19-2010, 03:36 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
so OP enjoys driving his At more becus it has 10 more torque power lol. i guess watever makes u happy lmao. so wat happens with torque runs out and the less hp kicks in and ur no longer moving as quick? lol

Last edited by saywat?; 10-19-2010 at 03:41 PM.
Old 10-19-2010, 03:46 PM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by saywat?
so OP enjoys driving his At more becus it has 10 more torque power lol. i guess watever makes u happy lmao. so wat happens with torque runs out and the less hp kicks in and ur no longer moving as quick? lol
"Torque power"?

Torque "runs out"?

Less hp "kicks in"?

No longer "moving as quick"?

Holy cow... somebody get this man a Physics 101 textbook, stat!

Old 10-19-2010, 03:50 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
^^yea torque doesnt last through out the whole rpm range it eventually drops. ugh why do u think the little honda s2000 are able to keep up with z/gs and they only got like 160 ft lbs of torque aside from the fact that theyre lighter cars.

Last edited by saywat?; 10-19-2010 at 03:55 PM.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:51 PM
Originally Posted by saywat?
Technically, you can't "run out" of torque. Horsepower comes from an equation of torque, so if torque were to run out, so would horsepower.

And not everyone cares about how fast you can go 80-160mph, I would gladly sacrifice some HP and high end power for more torque.

Old 10-19-2010, 04:57 PM
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
I drive 80-160 mph all the time because its cool. ^_^

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Does A/T Really have more TORQUE than M/T??????