G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Does A/T Really have more TORQUE than M/T??????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 06:45 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
does anyone have a dyno of an automatic VQ35DE?

this is what the rev up dyno looks like

Old 10-19-2010, 06:52 PM
Received 264 Likes on 147 Posts
^ What are you trying to prove? There's no way you can compare two dyno sheets of two different cars on different days on different dynos with different conditions.

Old 10-19-2010, 07:10 PM
Received 149 Likes on 113 Posts
Just for comparisons sake, here's mine and Butkiss1's dyno. Done on the same dyno on the same day, but I (manual) don't have Motordyne ART pipes and I'm using the stock headers. Butkiss1 (auto) has Stillen headers and MD ART Pipes. Not too much of a difference to consider.

Auto

Manual

Old 10-19-2010, 08:15 PM
Originally Posted by Silencer_0
^ What are you trying to prove? There's no way you can compare two dyno sheets of two different cars on different days on different dynos with different conditions.
you can't take two dynos from different days and say oh I made 5 more whp then you so my car is faster, but you can get a bunch of unmodified dynos(of the same type of course) and compare them to get a general idea of what range the numbers should generally fall into. you can at least see the power curve and probably get a idea of what range the car should fall into to within 5-10whp or lb ft. Like any other statistic I would throw out the extremes too. But apparently no one dynos automatic Gs or Zs

Originally Posted by Jairen
Just for comparisons sake, here's mine and Butkiss1's dyno. Done on the same dyno on the same day, but I (manual) don't have Motordyne ART pipes and I'm using the stock headers. Butkiss1 (auto) has Stillen headers and MD ART Pipes. Not too much of a difference to consider.

Auto

Manual
so the auto did manage to put down a bit more torque but not really enough to write home about

non rev up seems to have a flatter torque curve

Old 10-19-2010, 08:23 PM
Originally Posted by Hammerhead i-Eagle Thrust
you can't take two dynos from different days and say oh I made 5 more whp then you so my car is faster, but you can get a bunch of unmodified dynos(of the same type of course) and compare them to get a general idea of what range the numbers should generally fall into. you can at least see the power curve and probably get a idea of what range the car should fall into to within 5-10whp or lb ft. Like any other statistic I would throw out the extremes too. But apparently no one dynos automatic Gs or Zs

so the auto did manage to put down a bit more torque but not really enough to write home about

non rev up seems to have a flatter torque curve
Actually, if you look at the charts more closely, the manual put out more tq in most of the entire range. The auto chart starts at 3k and the manual chart starts at a lower RPM.

As for hp, there isn't much of a difference but the auto had more mods.

The VQ needs headers to make up for some of the drop off in the high RPM's as shown in the Auto's Dyno. That is where aftermarket headers for our cars shine.

Last edited by Jairen; 10-19-2010 at 08:30 PM.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:55 PM
so basically the most torque would be non rev up 6 speeds...lol

i really dont give a crap about torque...i lived with an rsx-s and celica gt-s for 5 years, so u have to drop a gear...big deal, id rather have the mpg and top end

Old 10-19-2010, 09:11 PM

i really dont give a crap about torque...i lived with an rsx-s and celica gt-s for 5 years, so u have to drop a gear...big deal, id rather have the mpg and top end

Do you have the data to back that up as I tried in my earlier post by posting the same dyno on the same day? I'd like to know myself.

Well, the topic is about tq.

For top end, the REVUP shines with the same mods due to it's later fuel cut which allows it to land shifts higher in the RPM range. Our sweet spot is between 4300-6000 rpm's which is where most of the shifts land.

Look at the difference in hp, in the charts I posted between 5k-6k rpm's. The non-revup shined past 6k due to it's headers and MD ART pipes vs the revups stock headers.

Old 10-19-2010, 09:23 PM
nothing concrette really...idk probably the same

need more dynos

Last edited by Hammerhead i-Eagle Thrust; 10-19-2010 at 09:27 PM.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:32 PM
nothing concrette really...idk probably the same

need more dynos
What are those dyno's showing?

You can't compare different dyno's on different days. It doesn't work like that. All dyno's read different.

As I did, I posted two dyno's, both done on the SAME EXACT DAY on the SAME EXACT DYNO. Not some magazine dyno compared to an intake manufacturer dyno that claimed 10 whp with their intake LOL .

Silencer even mentioned the same thing.
Originally Posted by Silencer_0

Old 10-19-2010, 09:45 PM
thats why i said we need more dynos

Old 10-19-2010, 09:59 PM
Here's a non revup 6MT done with the exact same tuner, same dyno but different days so you can't really cmpare even though church's dyno is pretty consistent.

http://my350z.com/forum/tuning/44233...s-280-3hp.html

Old 10-19-2010, 10:05 PM
yeah idk...we should make a dyno database. newcelica.org has a nice one http://dyno.newcelica.org/page.php

Old 10-19-2010, 10:12 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts

+1 thank u. yea torque is great off the line and if racing from 1 stop light to the other lol

Old 10-19-2010, 10:14 PM
yeah idk...we should make a dyno database. newcelica.org has a nice one http://dyno.newcelica.org/page.php
Kinda pointless.

Like I said, different dyno's on different days can't be compared. The only way a dyno database can be used is if we got a bunch of people together and did dyno's on the same day on the same dyno with similar mods.

Once again, dyno's readings differ from dyno type such as DynoJet, Dyno Dynamics, Dynapack, etc along with weather differences and dyno conditions such as fan or no fan, etc.

Old 10-19-2010, 10:17 PM
Originally Posted by saywat?
+1 thank u. yea torque is great off the line and if racing from 1 stop light to the other lol
No, I actually take mine to the track and to the canyons as posted in my vids. Not some illegal "race from a ricer roll" races.

Look at the difference in the dyno charts I posted above.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Does A/T Really have more TORQUE than M/T??????