G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

What is this? Pics included

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 11:55 AM
Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts
What is this? Pics included

I noticed these two plastic pieces hanging on both sides under my car. They don't seem to be attached to anything on the inner side. They are pretty flimsy so I can't imagine they would do much but I want to be sure that I'm not in any trouble here. Thanks for the help.

Old 10-27-2011, 12:01 PM
Received 576 Likes on 502 Posts
If it's plastic, what is it covering? I am not sure myself but i wonder how many of us will be looking under our cars now. lol.

Old 10-27-2011, 12:13 PM
Originally Posted by bluedevils95
If it's plastic, what is it covering? I am not sure myself but i wonder how many of us will be looking under our cars now. lol.
Lol man I'm clueless to this. It's probably some type of cover for my suspension but that's a guess. It doesnt seem sturdy enough to support anything. I just noticed it yesterday do I'm wondering how long it's been like that now lol. When me and my friend changed out my springs/shocks we never touched that so I'm not sure how it could just be hanging on oth sides all of a sudden.

Old 10-27-2011, 12:57 PM
Received 49 Likes on 47 Posts
damn work, i cant see the pic!

Old 10-27-2011, 12:58 PM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
Its just a dirt cover, like the rest of the plastic **** on the bottom of these cars. I removed those over a year ago.

Old 10-27-2011, 01:12 PM
Premier Member

Received 468 Likes on 379 Posts
It's part of the Aero package, those help with air flow under your car, reducing the coefficient of drag or some technical term. I think they're called rear underbody diffusers. Looks like some nuts or bolts are missing.

Last edited by LoSt180; 10-27-2011 at 01:27 PM.
Old 10-27-2011, 01:14 PM
Originally Posted by herrschaft
Its just a dirt cover, like the rest of the plastic **** on the bottom of these cars. I removed those over a year ago.
Thank god it's nothing important. I'm about to take that crap off lol

Old 10-27-2011, 01:15 PM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by MADtotheA
Thank god it's nothing important. I'm about to take that crap off lol
I wouldn't, they are actually a functional part for aerodynamics.

Old 10-27-2011, 01:18 PM
Received 182 Likes on 142 Posts
I'm fairly certain those have holes in them which aligned up to where a cover would screw in... Do you remember removing the cover?

Old 10-27-2011, 02:02 PM
Originally Posted by LoSt180
It's part of the Aero package, those help with air flow under your car, reducing the coefficient of drag or some technical term. I think they're called rear underbody diffusers. Looks like some nuts or bolts are missing.
These are the underbody diffusers?? These cheap plastic covers? LOL They are flimsy and look like they wouldn't do anything to help with aerodynamics. I'm pretty sure my passenger and I could stick our arms out the window, to simulate airplane wings, and it would be more aerodynamic lol.

Originally Posted by ThatOneDude
I'm fairly certain those have holes in them which aligned up to where a cover would screw in... Do you remember removing the cover?
nah pretty much everything that is underneath the car is scraped or torn off. ie undercarriage. The person I bought the car from had it SLAMMED so everything got ripped off. I'm guessing if the underbody diffusers are suppose to connect to these pieces, they got ripped off as well. Oh well, they aren't important to me anyway. I'm not a racer and I'm sure these don't help much even if I were. Thanks guys

Old 10-27-2011, 02:30 PM
Premier Member

Here's a few threads with good pics of where they should bolt up to.

https://g35driver.com/forums/interio...sers-help.html
https://g35driver.com/forums/media-s...03-2006-a.html

If you don't want them, what kind of shape are they in? One of mine is cracked so I'll take them off your hands.

Last edited by LoSt180; 10-27-2011 at 02:35 PM.
Old 10-27-2011, 02:49 PM
Originally Posted by LoSt180
Here's a few threads with good pics of where they should bolt up to.

https://g35driver.com/forums/interio...sers-help.html
https://g35driver.com/forums/media-s...03-2006-a.html

If you don't want them, what kind of shape are they in? One of mine is cracked so I'll take them off your hands.
I'll have to check when I get back home. Mine may be damaged but I won't know till I take a look. I'll post back in an hour or so.

Old 10-27-2011, 03:05 PM
Received 1,133 Likes on 1,003 Posts
Trust me when I tell you Nissan wouldn't spend the $$ to put these suspension/engine shields on unless they served a purpose. They're protecting vital parts of your car, bolt them back on if they're cracked or not. How many dumb azz members have posted that they've thrown these shields away and make the comment that they "Didn't notice a difference?" Didn't notice a difference cause you don't really care about keeping your Infiniti in good shape. It's all about keeping your engine compartment clean and free of crud or protecting your suspension components! Bolt them back on they serve a purpose!
Gary

Old 10-27-2011, 03:09 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
They cover the UNI body brace

Old 10-27-2011, 03:12 PM
Originally Posted by gary c
Trust me when I tell you Nissan wouldn't spend the $$ to put these suspension/engine shields on unless they served a purpose. They're protecting vital parts of your car, bolt them back on if they're cracked or not. How many dumb azz members have posted that they've thrown these shields away and make the comment that they "Didn't notice a difference?" Didn't notice a difference cause you don't really care about keeping your Infiniti in good shape. It's all about keeping your engine compartment clean and free of crud or protecting your suspension components! Bolt them back on they serve a purpose!
Gary
Wasn't this an option with the aero package? Meaning a lot of cars don't have these at all? Herrschaft said he took them off over a year ago and he's pushing some pretty serious horsepower. I don't think he would have done it if it were that big a deal. Not to mention, mine are hanging lol and I don't notice anything. There actually causing more drag right now. I don't think they would help much with dirt/debris either because they are still very exposed even if they were bolted up.

edit: ok just went out and looked again. They definitely aren't protecting anything because there is nothing to protect. The shocks/springs are about a foot behind this contraption and there is nothing but a metal plate underneath this diffuser. I am missing one bolt/nut on each side which is making it sag. Not sure who the hell took this off but I'll screw it back on just so it doesn't look dumb. Near the back it has a lip facing downward. I'm guessing this is the "aerodynamic" part of it. Anyway thanks for the help people.

Last edited by MADtotheA; 10-27-2011 at 03:21 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What is this? Pics included