G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

How can anyone buy a Z?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2003, 11:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How can anyone buy a Z?

I originally was going to buy a Z, but after seeing the G35 it was a no brainer. I just don't see how anyone could possibly think the Z looks better or more importantly has more functionality. The G35 has (back seat, nicer door handles, nicer curves, and even faster because of wider frame). Everytime I see one on the highway I feel like it should bow down to me or something, even though I have only had my G35 for 3 days.

Sloanhaus
"If your not the lead dog, the view never changes"

Old 06-13-2003, 11:36 PM
Re: How can anyone buy a Z?

i almost bought a Z when it was first available, until two things:

1 - the local $tealer wanted me to fill out a credit app before letting me test drive the car... er, let's see...how about NO FING way.

2 - i saw a picture online of the G35.

still, the z is a nice car, and it is a few $$ less than a G. but i personally agree with everything you just said, looks, style, interior, overall value, the G is a nicer car. but hey, there are plenty worse things than a brand new 350Z!

Old 06-13-2003, 11:42 PM

I have to tell you that the main reason I didn't buy it was because of the door handles, they look so Hyundai looking...lol

Sloanhaus
"If your not the lead dog the view never changes"

Old 06-13-2003, 11:55 PM
G SQUAD

Trunk space was my issue. How can you throw two ar15's with an extra upper, an FAL, Rem 40xc and an 11-87 in the trunk of a 350Z? Impossible I tell you! However, with a backseat in the G, I'm good to go....WITH a passenger!

2003.5 - G35 6spd - Diamond Graphite/Graphite leather, prem, aero package/kit

Old 06-14-2003, 02:05 AM

My local Nissan dealer made a very attractive offer on a track model Z when I was car shopping. But they could not offer me exactly what I wanted.

I wanted the track model in white with a sunroof and leather interior....The 350 does not come with a sunroof. The track model does not come with leather.

The Infiniti does cost more, but comes with a better warranty, a loaner car, roadside assitance...etc.

I got the car I wanted, at a more expensive price, sure.

I would have taken the Nissan with the ugly door handles if they had of met MY price for the car.

They had their offer at 32,800 after taxes and before trade on the car that I would have taken.

I wanted 31,500 after taxes and before trade.

It takes a great deal to make me settle for something less than what I want.

<p>
hehehehehehehehehehe

Old 06-14-2003, 08:22 AM
Montgomery's Finest

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ They are still great looking cars.....But between the Fairlady and the Skyline. Now look i have a back seat .....Nuff said....

The sky is the limit
350gt Ride on [img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Old 06-14-2003, 08:24 AM

Hmm,I bought a Z because it isn't vanilla like the G.If I want more than 1 passenger I use my G sedan.It's funny that people in this forum start off their comments with"I wanted a Z but.... so I ended up with the G"

2003.5 G35 Sedan
2002 Accord V6 Coupe
2003 350Z

Old 06-14-2003, 10:09 AM

also funny that as soon as they saw a G, they no longer wanted a Z...

Old 06-14-2003, 10:15 AM

Oh,ignorance is bliss.

2003.5 G35 Sedan
2002 Accord V6 Coupe
2003 350Z

Old 06-14-2003, 10:17 AM

Let me help your perception of what the people on this forum are saying... I purchased the G because I wanted the G. Why else would they spend more $'s for the G? The Z didn't look as good IMO. The Z curves didn't come close to the G's! I also wanted a back seat but had to have a coupe. I would avoid using Vanilla and G in the same sentence. [img]/w3timages/icons/mad.gif[/img] Try BMW and vanilla, that seems to fit well. Maybe BMW and part of the herd in the same sentence... I kinda like the way that sounds. [img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img]

There's my 2 cents for the day! [img]/w3timages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

G35C 6MT CB Willow Aero Prem

Old 06-14-2003, 10:30 AM

i placed an order on a bmw 3 series wagon with MT. was told 2 months, they then changed to 4. if the wagon came with the 3.0 engine, i never would have continued looking.

popped by the infiniti dealer one day when i had some free time. liked the specs on the sedan, but loved the coupe.

canceled the bmw, ordered the coupe.

dealer suggested i test a 350z to experience the 6MT, they had none and any that arrive are already spoken for. did drive the AT.

Z was nice and fun. the coupe i can say has some functionality/practicality. back seat, something of a trunk, but Z is just a fun car, where G offers more. Plus, i have two kids. need the room. 04 Z offers convertable

Old 06-14-2003, 01:20 PM

OK, they (Z& G) are both sweet but different.If you go to www.my350z.com you'll see a Z bias but that's to be expected.We are cousins after all

2003.5 G35 Sedan
2002 Accord V6 Coupe
2003 350Z

Old 06-14-2003, 07:30 PM

The real question on my mind is, who is gonna have the better resale value?

"Dont start none, won't be none"

Old 06-14-2003, 08:04 PM

Both cars are winners. I can easily see how people can buy either one.

Whenever I see a Z guy on the road, I admire his car, he admires mine, we chat a bit and discover we are both happy. Certainly no need to be hatin' on each other.

We should all just be glad that Nissan corporate saw fit to wring two great designs out of the same great platform. There is something for everyone here.

<font color=blue>2003 G35 Coupe 6MT - diamond graphite / graphite leather - premium - nav</font color=blue>

Old 06-14-2003, 08:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Styling is subjective. I personally never had any interest in the Z, but the G didn't surge to the top of my list until I test drove it. I actually didn't like how the G looked in pictures when I was car shopping. I thought it looked like a lopsided Mercedes. Obviously, I radically changed my opinion upon seeing it in person.

Versus the Z, I would agree that the G is a much better value. The only good reason I can see for going with the Z is if you greatly prefer its styling and the image it projects. I don't think the tiny sliver of performance advantage could be a good enough reason. I personally don't like the Z's styling much, so it just had nothing to offer even after I found out about its connection with the G.

-Jack
Obsidian/graphite '03 Coupe premium nav

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How can anyone buy a Z?