G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Looking at a pre-owned coupe....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 12:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking at a pre-owned coupe....

Hello members,
I currently drive a 99 Max and I am in the search for a Blk/Blk G35 coupe, somewhere around $25k.
I test drove the 2k5 coupe and I fell in love.
I've searched a few Infiniti dealers but their inventory consists of lower mileaged Gs. So I'm still in the hunt for a coupe, through autotrader, ebay, etc...

Should I be on the look out for any known issues with the 2k3 coupes? So far, I only heard about the brake/tire issues.

Where would be the best source for a pre-owned G? ( I see way too many sedans)

Old 07-07-2005, 12:51 PM
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Found mine on autotrader & cars.com.

When you test drive, check the AC line next to the air box...if the previous owner cut into it with a z-tube upgrade (common problem) you might be close to a pricey repair.
Also listen for rattles (TSB's for most) and if possible make sure the CD player functions (no "CD ERROR F0" error).
Make sure there is no griding if it's a 6MT.

All I can think of at the moment.

Don't forget the usual stuff like making sure body panel gaps are consistant, nothing is misaligned, etc (signs of a collision).

Old 07-07-2005, 01:36 PM
Generally 03 coupes are go for at the lowest 26k ish, so you will probably end up spending more money unless you find a car with high mileage that could be out of warranty. Keep in mind the lowest price for a 40k miles car on carmax is 28k; which is overpriced, but something to make note of. Infiniti dealerships love to really mark up their used cars and are a big pain to negotiate with. I found it easier to deal with reputable non-infiniti dealers.

People tend to have the most random problems with used 6mt's. Usually with the clutch or a knocking in the rear axel. Of course always check for repainting and check the crumple zones.

Old 07-07-2005, 03:27 PM
I found my 03 6mt with avg mileage on Autotrader. My only sugestions other than the usual is make sure you check the tires and make sure the tranny does not grind or make funny noises. Interior rattles are somewhat common but most are an easy fix.

So far I've had no problems with mine.

Old 07-08-2005, 03:37 AM
i just got mine last friday. '03 5AT blue one (god i love this color!)... took me LONG time finding one from autotrader at my budget, but theres really no better way to search for used car than this. this was a small exotic car dealer but they were in business for over 25yrs... infiniti dealers charge ridiculous $$$ for used g35 coupes!!! mine had 39,000mi on it and almost no options ( no leather, sunroof... ) but surprisingly had spoiler, brand new tires on stock 18"s & injen CAI (woohoo!!)... i paid $ 23,500 b4 tax&fees. having problems with power windows both side, and today my passenger seat just stopped auto-sliding when the rear passenger tries to get out. no regrets tho. yes interior quality not so good for '03 model, but so what? its an AWESOME car! i have no regrets. i cant believe i almost bought a '05 jetta gli or considered fully loaded '06 mazda3. (used 350z seems to have way too many problems, imo...)

Attached Thumbnails Looking at a pre-owned coupe....-1.jpg  

Last edited by sdkingka; 07-08-2005 at 03:43 AM.
Old 07-11-2005, 10:16 PM
I was looking at these two: THE FIRST G (click here)

The SECOND G

What do you think? I'm spending some time this weekend.

Old 07-11-2005, 10:29 PM
Administrator
Received 75 Likes on 31 Posts
i say the one in ozone park is your best bet.

the other has too many miles

i can just imagine how dirty that white interior must look yuckkkkkkkk

I was in the same dilemna as you and for a few $$$ more i opted to buy it new.

I got a 05 with everything but nav and sat radio for $34,550 b4 taxes in NJ.

Old 07-12-2005, 12:14 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sdkingka
i just got mine last friday. '03 5AT blue one (god i love this color!)... took me LONG time finding one from autotrader at my budget, but theres really no better way to search for used car than this. this was a small exotic car dealer but they were in business for over 25yrs... infiniti dealers charge ridiculous $$$ for used g35 coupes!!! mine had 39,000mi on it and almost no options ( no leather, sunroof... ) but surprisingly had spoiler, brand new tires on stock 18"s & injen CAI (woohoo!!)... i paid $ 23,500 b4 tax&fees. having problems with power windows both side, and today my passenger seat just stopped auto-sliding when the rear passenger tries to get out. no regrets tho. yes interior quality not so good for '03 model, but so what? its an AWESOME car! i have no regrets. i cant believe i almost bought a '05 jetta gli or considered fully loaded '06 mazda3. (used 350z seems to have way too many problems, imo...)
wow man...that was a really good deal...was it salvaged....

Old 07-12-2005, 05:16 AM
nope. well, at least from carfax, the record was clean. (btw, always good idea to demand a carfax report, and make sure if you are looking at the right vin# ! dealers are tricky folks, ya kno.) i think the previous owner rear ended the car into something tho, im pretty sure. hardly noticible tho. ive seen someone try to sell the same year same mileage car with salvage title at the same price, so i think the deal i got was pretty damn good. im lovin it everyday now~

Old 07-12-2005, 05:30 AM
Originally Posted by minsbang
I was looking at these two: THE FIRST G (click here)

The SECOND G

What do you think? I'm spending some time this weekend.
well, the first one is BARELY under warranty, but very likely you wont have any problems on the car anyways. you are saving a lot of money on the first car, even when you opt to get some extended warranty. ( i find it useless since you will be paying $15~20 a month, just save up that money and fix it!)

and for the second car... damn! 7000ish miles? this is like a brand new! but keep in mind its not always necessarily a good thing... car needs to be driven regularly to be in good condition. and of course, black leather is the best!!! and you got lotta warranty to back up this car.

if your wallet allows you to, you should go with the second one. if whats stopping you from getting the first car is warranty, i would tell you not to worry.