G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Every G35 'KP Technologies' Module unmasked and reviewed!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 04:21 PM
FGC's official flip flopper
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Every G35 'KP Technologies' Module unmasked and reviewed!!

Ok guys. For those who don’t know, KP Technologies (hereinafter "KP") has developed several electronic based mods that are simple, convenient and very practical for our Gs. And now that I have just about every KP product installed on my 2005 coupe, I wanted to give you guys a thorough review of these really cool mods. For further reference, you can visit his website at www.kptechnologies.com for more information. Also I would like to note that all of my mods were purchased and installed by Official KP Installer Daniel (SFLG35).

The first mod I bought was the KP Window Roll-up Module. In fact, I think it was my first mod ever (done same day as clear corner and Z-tube). For those who don’t know, this little gadget uses the key fob to raise the window (just like you can lower it by pressing and holding the unlock button down). This device makes it so you just hit the lock button on the key fob twice and it goes up. Simple and effective. This really came in handy at a recent Dyno day in Orlando, FL. As always in Flroida, we got a quick rain shower and everyone scrambled to their car while I just hit the key fob lock button twice and presto...closed. Additionally, this module also comes with an auto-lock device which automatically locks your car 6 seconds after you start it. Neat little safety feature. Some people didn’t like that it locked before putting it in gear, so....KP developed the next module I bought.

This next module was the KP Auto-Lock RPM Module. This module will lock your doors when your car gets above 1500 RPMs for the first time. Same safety feature in the Window Roll-up Mod but now locks only after getting the car going. Additionally, KP designed this module to automatically unlock your doors the instant you turn your ignition off. This was especially cool for us 2005'ers which no longer have the feature where the door will open when you pull the handle whether its locked or not. So, this has been one of my favorite features to date.

Of course, when I decided to supercharge the G, I had to do something about the VDC button. For those who don’t know, you can turn OFF the VDC by pressing the 'VDC OFF' button, however, rest assured that Nissan designed it to be right back ON next time you start the car. This gets annoying for those of us who love to drive our cars hard. At first, I told myself that I would just push the button and save a few bucks. Well...that got really old (especially when I forget to push it) and decided to buy the KP VDC Module. Now, it is much easier to just turn the VDC ON when needed (highway or rain driving) than it is to keep turning it OFF 10 times a day.

The next mod KP developed and I subsequently bought was one which measures a 10 on the coolness factor. The KP Shift Light Module. Probably designed for those at the track, it has been very handy for my Vortech’d G and will probably be useful for just about anyone who drives their car hard. The way this works is really easy. It’s a small LED light that can be mounted just about anywhere you want. Some people like the A-piller location. I liked it within my steering dash...basically its right next to the trip reset button. When I get home, I'll post a picture so you can actually see where I have it. Hopefully there will be a video of it in action on KP’s website soon. You can have the light go off at whatever RPM setting you want. For example, I have mine set to blink at 5000RPMs. And don’t think you wont be able to see it....it’s bright enough to notice even during the brightest days (at night, it’s just freakin’ cool). I think they offer both an amber light (to match the already orange interior) and a blue light. I got the blue light and love it.

KP just announced his next module: The KP Sunroof Module. While I do not have this yet, I know the car it was tested on (SFLG35) and witnessed the first trial firstand. It worked to perfection. This will be my next mod for sure. So, now I can open and close the sunroof in the same way I open and close the windows (of course in conjunction with the Windows Up Module). I know I got that performance package for something other than the great Bose system!!

I also recently read a post where KP is thinking about a KP Independent Fog Light Control Module that can make the driver just turn on the fogs without having to turn on the headlights. I think this is great as I used to just drive with just fogs before but have found that to be burdensome in the G (as I spent good money on the Philips 6000K bulb and don’t feel like using it day and night). Hopefully there will be enough interest in this that will make KP go forward with it. So...if you are interested in this, go check out this thread: https://g35driver.com/forums/engine-drivetrain-forced-induction/70341-independent-fog-light-control.html and bug Kevin to make it!

The cool thing I have found with all these modules is that they all work in conjunction with each other. I swear I have seen Daniel splice the same wire 5 times, but, in the end, every module works and they make the car that much more fun to drive.

I hope you guys (and gals) found this post informative in some way. Again, I just briefly wanted to review each module I have. If you guys need more detail, let me know and I certainly will do the best I can to inform you better. Some have questioned the difficulty in installing it. While I had Daniel (SFLG35) install all my stuff, I was there and watched it all. The directions given are easy to follow (as everything is color coded anyway) and a cinch for those who wish to try it on their own.

In all, the modules designed by KP are cheap, useful and downright practical. Again, feel free to contact me or go right to the top and contact/PM Kevin at KP (KPierson) or Daniel (SFLG35) for any questions you may have.

Happy modding everyone!!

Jason

Old 10-12-2005, 05:26 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
KP Technologies is a sponsor of our club that we are PROUD to have.

Old 10-12-2005, 05:36 PM
And we're proud to have you back, Randy!

Old 10-12-2005, 05:39 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Originally Posted by MyGUnit
And we're proud to have you back, Randy!
Dude, the love here is awesome! I should start a Randys_G website! Wait, I already own the URL...

Old 10-12-2005, 05:43 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
The KP Auto-Lock RPM Module sounds very cool.

Old 10-12-2005, 05:44 PM
Received 21 Likes on 6 Posts
what KP Technologies needs to come out with, are the Automatic Tilt Down Mirrors for our cars. When put in reverse, both mirrors tilt down for parking and is easier to see the curb.

Old 10-12-2005, 05:51 PM
Originally Posted by chilibowl
what KP Technologies needs to come out with, are the Automatic Tilt Down Mirrors for our cars. When put in reverse, both mirrors tilt down for parking and is easier to see the curb.
Honestly is it that hard to use the mirror control and adjust the mirror down yourself?

Old 10-12-2005, 06:08 PM
well it would be handy if the mirors did tilt down. my moms Acura TL does and i love it.

Old 10-12-2005, 06:12 PM
I would be interested in KP Independent Fog Light Control Module that didn't dim the gauge light when on (for daytime driving like Daytime Running Lights)

Old 10-12-2005, 06:15 PM
Received 21 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Gman2004
Honestly is it that hard to use the mirror control and adjust the mirror down yourself?
LOL, so then what exactly are all these features for from KP Technologies? Is it too hard to use the door lock control to lock our own doors after 1500 RPM? Is it too hard to lower our own windows ? These are all features YOU CAN do by yourself, but we'd rather em be electronically and automatically controlled. Why cant we have an automatic tilt down mirror option? I dont see the point in your post.

Old 10-12-2005, 06:23 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Gman2004
Well, is it so hard to lock or unlock our doors as we start or stop our cars? Not really but it would be much easier if we can have something electronically do it

Damn, someone beat me to replying !

Old 10-12-2005, 07:11 PM
actually, the G sometimes draws unwanted attention. The auto door look would be a nice anti car jacking feature (along with bulletproof windows )

Old 10-12-2005, 09:30 PM
The KP Shift Light Module. Why do you have this installed on your 05 coupe? Isnt this the same as the shift light thats on our dash already?

Old 10-12-2005, 09:32 PM
FGC's official flip flopper
Originally Posted by uhohnumber2brb
The KP Shift Light Module. Why do you have this installed on your 05 coupe? Isnt this the same as the shift light thats on our dash already?

Oh no. On an AT..we don't have that anyways. But...it's meant so you can drive and shift gears without looking down at the tach. I just went out and made some vids. I'll send them to Kevin so he can post them up. Trust me....its cool.

Old 10-12-2005, 09:48 PM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
I think right now there are MORE 5ats with the KPtechnologies shift light then 6mts. SFLG35 has an Auto, Neffster has an Auto, and g8tor20 has an auto. I have a 6mt, but I can't count myself because mine isn't hooked up. If you have seen my crank angle signal please tell it I'm looking for it and I need it back in my car so I can hook up my shift light!

Thank you G8tor20 for taking the time to write this up!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Every G35 'KP Technologies' Module unmasked and reviewed!!