G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Sharp back pain from sitting in coupe(I'm only 20)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 11:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I really DISLIKE my 2 month's old G35's seats either.

I'm 25 years old and had no history of back pain. I work out 4 times a week so it's not like my back's weak. My other car is BMW Z4 that's got less head/shoulder/leg/knee room than my coupe. I used to take the Z4 from Seattle to Vancouver, B.C. (I'm Canadian working in Seatte) EVERY WEEKEND, and never experienced sore back in that car. Ever since I bought my coupe, I've been experiencing back pains ONLY while and after I drive the coupe (I noticed having a sore back 2 days after buying the coupe).

If I switched cars and drove the Z4 the next day, my back would be fine again. I'm really disappointed. I bought the coupe so I can have a more comfortable ride and would finally be able to go on a longer trip to Portland, and then California/Vegas (my gf wouldn't take the Z4 for that long of a trip because my exhaust too loud and no rear seats). Now I don't see that trip happening in the near future.

Last edited by GP20; 01-24-2006 at 11:53 PM.
Old 01-25-2006, 12:42 AM
Oh no free "consults" coming to an end!

Originally Posted by imRACERX
Phiten???????, (whatever that is, i assume over the counter type muscle relaxer/anti inflammatory although sounds like eastern medicen reliever) will at best, mask the symptoms. CLOUD, The signs point to low back AND upper back WEAKNESS! EXERCISE YOUR BACK, GLUTES AND NECK MUSCLES! Just give it a try and repost at a later time (4-6 weeks). just do a search and get a good overall back exercise program, dont over do it the first week and i will gaurantee you will feel less pain after a longer period of time driving. If the pain however gets worse, it must be nerve/disc/vertebrae related. obviously at worst, a tumor. but i assure you, at your age, is unlikely!

RX

CONSULTS ON THIS THREAD DONE!
Guess the Doc is worried about so much free advice.
Any chance it's Parvo ? ........ Seems like the only "diagnosis" you failed to mention as a possible cause of the kids excruciating pain. "Obviously at worst a tumor" !!!! Holy Crap a tumor ? ........ or maybe his diaper pin popped open under hard braking, heh,heh.
BTW RX a "Jazzy's" one of them motorized scooters I plan on "accidentally" running over at Wally World parking lot...... "Geezus officer I guess at my age I somehow failed to see that 500 lb. lardass but at least I have Full Coverage thru AARP !!!!!!"
PS Wanna know what real pain is kid? That's when I pass you like your draggin' a Forkn' anchor on my Triumph Daytona.............. (all shifts @ 10,500 RPM) while you're trying to find D2 on what I'm somehow sure is an A/T. HaHaHa.

Old 01-25-2006, 11:32 AM
I have no problems with my Coupe seats and I have 75k miles that include one trip from San Diego to Chicago and a most recent Chicago to Atlanta trip (11 hours one way). I have an '03 with even less adjustability than the '05. It does take time to get a comfortable driving position to your liking. I hate it when the dealership re-adjusts my driver's seat as I don't have memory seats. I actually had lower back pain in E46 sport seats.

Old 01-25-2006, 02:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
These seats do suck, and they could have been just fine with the seat controls in a different location. That said, it took me a while to find a good position. As usual, I'm pretty upright, but I'm sitting closer than usual and have the lumbar support backed all the way off. It's pretty much a proper driving/racing postition. I'm 34, 6'1", 200lbs and out of shape, but it's really only the right thigh bolster that can sometimes bother me (due to seat-control switches). Looks like they've fixed it for the '07 model.

FWIW, my wife's '05 Nissan Pathfinder's (cloth) seats suck so much worse! I just can't get comfortable in them. Must be a Nissan thing, as I've heard (normal-sized) people say that Nissan's never fit them.

Last edited by GT-Ron; 01-25-2006 at 03:00 PM.
Old 01-25-2006, 05:29 PM
Originally Posted by Bigguy2000
I just turned 61. I was diagnosed with degenerative hip disease 15 years ago (Osteoarthritis) with the prognosis I'd need total hip replacement in5-10 years.
Ichose the alt.ernate route of working out 5 -6 days a week including 8.miles on an Airdyne,some weight work and 200 crunches 3x'a week.
2 things get tired of are the complaints about back problems from the G's seats and people worrying about over reving their damn motors ....... I red lined my Coupe leaving the dealers and IF my back hurt (in my 20's no less) I wouldn't be asking for help on the internet ........... are you the same degenerates clogging the aisles at Walmart with your asses hanging over te seat of the "handicap" scooters,too?
QTF whining and get in shape, and Oh Yeah start shiftin at 7 Grand. Dad paid alot for that guarantee! Heh, heh.
I nominate this best post of the year!

Old 01-25-2006, 06:22 PM
anyone want to buy my new all blue suede recaro speed seat with bracket and slider? im selling the G and i just bought the drivers seat cause im was killing me also, but i love the recaro!