G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Calling all "X's" with a lowered suspension!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.33 average.

Old 01-20-2013, 03:29 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Anyone using any other coils other the BC would luv to hear ur input on them. You're more then welcome to pm me also. So far I'm convinced BC for my summer suspension

Old 01-20-2013, 03:09 PM
Received 35 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike04x
If I'm not mistaken the 350z front struts won't fit, you'll have to use your stock struts with the z springs
Correct, the AWD front struts are different from the RWD struts. Our cars have a bracket that bolts on to the bottom of the strut to go around the front axle shafts. You'd have to remove your stock strut assembly, then compress the spring, remove the top mount and spring, then decompress the stock spring. Put the spring compressor on the Z spring, install on the stock strut, put on the strut tops, and remove the compressor again. Then re-install the whole deal.

Or, since your car has 80K, you could just replace the struts and tops like I just did. I bought KYB strut tops and struts, and installed G coupe front springs. I left the stock rears in like I told you in the text cause I only wanted to lower the front. Here's my thread with some pics -

https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sed...-rods-etc.html

Last edited by The Fixer; 01-20-2013 at 03:19 PM.
Old 01-20-2013, 03:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I keep getting obstacles!! I'm in the process of getting coupe springs, so all I need are the z springs. Once I have the z springs? Can I put it on the X front suspension and later just replace the struts? So basicall have coupe springs in back on stock suspension and z springs up front with stock suspension.
Originally Posted by The Fixer
Correct, the AWD front struts are different from the RWD struts. Our cars have a bracket that bolts on to the bottom of the strut to go around the front axle shafts. You'd have to remove your stock strut assembly, then compress the spring, remove the top mount and spring, then decompress the stock spring. Put the spring compressor on the Z spring, install on the stock strut, put on the strut tops, and remove the compressor again. Then re-install the whole deal.

Or, since your car has 80K, you could just replace the struts and tops like I just did. I bought KYB strut tops and struts, and installed G coupe front springs. I left the stock rears in like I told you in the text cause I only wanted to lower the front. Here's my thread with some pics -

https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sed...-rods-etc.html

Old 01-20-2013, 05:09 PM
Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by ajw2495
I keep getting obstacles!! I'm in the process of getting coupe springs, so all I need are the z springs. Once I have the z springs? Can I put it on the X front suspension and later just replace the struts? So basicall have coupe springs in back on stock suspension and z springs up front with stock suspension.
you can do whatever you want, stop making life harder on yourself.

Use ANYTHING off a G or Z other then front struts. Put them on whenever you want or in w/e combo you want.

Its not rocket science. I went coupe F/R ~> Z F/R~> Z/G F/R and said screw it BC. But not i'm done playing.

Old 01-20-2013, 08:04 PM
Received 35 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by ajw2495
Yes, you can put the coupe springs on the rear with your stock X shocks, and the Z springs on the stock X struts up front. Get an alignment done a few days later when its settled. Then if you want/need to replace the rear shocks and front struts, you can do it later on. If you want I can call you tomorrow to explain it all.

The following users liked this post:
aeroplane (01-29-2014)
Old 01-21-2013, 02:22 AM
Ill text you tomorrow. thanks!
Originally Posted by The Fixer
Yes, you can put the coupe springs on the rear with your stock X shocks, and the Z springs on the stock X struts up front. Get an alignment done a few days later when its settled. Then if you want/need to replace the rear shocks and front struts, you can do it later on. If you want I can call you tomorrow to explain it all.

Old 02-12-2013, 04:03 PM
Hi, I want to put coilovers on my '05 x, but because I live in Atlantic Canada we get a hell of a lot of snow, and I don't want to be plowing the snow with my front end... I just want a 1" drop in the front and a 0.5" ish drop in the rear and adjustable dampening... what route should I go? Does BC still make a kit for the X with a taller/longer spring?

Old 02-12-2013, 04:29 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Carrera57
Hi, I want to put coilovers on my '05 x, but because I live in Atlantic Canada we get a hell of a lot of snow, and I don't want to be plowing the snow with my front end... I just want a 1" drop in the front and a 0.5" ish drop in the rear and adjustable dampening... what route should I go? Does BC still make a kit for the X with a taller/longer spring?
Google bc coilovers and the website will come up. They still sell coilover kits for the x. Just have to specify when you order! Hope that helps

The following users liked this post:
sup3rchan (02-22-2013)
Old 02-12-2013, 10:55 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Carrera I purchased my set of BC's from the sponsor JM Auto Racing on here. I asked for my set to come with the 255mm rear springs and spacers to get the rear back to about stock height for the winter. No complaints, great seller and replies to any questions you might have.

Old 02-13-2013, 08:06 AM
Received 302 Likes on 223 Posts
I've had bc coils for about 2 years now.

Would always recommend over any other set up. Ride, quality and adjustability is AWESOME. I could raise it to stock height and drop it until my crossmember bar hits the ground..

Stock on 17s
Name:  IMG_3488_zpsc7174838.png
Views: 268
Size:  1,009.3 KB

On BCs with 18x8.5+35
Name:  IMG_4304.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  198.3 KB

Name:  IMG_3855.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  131.9 KB

The drop is unknown but as you can see in comparison it's a huge difference from stock height.... Since the Xs ride higher then the rwds I would say it was a 2.5-3.5 inch drop..

On 19x9.5+7 and 19x10.5+17 (offsets are not accurate just a guestimate)

Name:  DSCF1967.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  216.5 KB

Name:  IMAG0018.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  109.0 KB

When I put the 19s on I lowered it about another .5 to .75 inches.... Seriously might of been a whole inch, fucck I don't remember. I could go another 1/16 lower with pit bottoming out but the roads in my area are horrible and stayed at this height to be safe...

Hope this helps.

The following 2 users liked this post by MPG35fiend:
Carrera57 (02-13-2013), h23sdominate (02-14-2013)
Old 02-22-2013, 02:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So i been reading alot about these drops and what seems to be common is the z/g drop now my question is has anyone actually put aftermarket springs for a 350z on a g35x sedan???? If so what was ride like and how bad is the camber??? Also I been seeing that few members that have lowered their car the cv tends to blow is this common problem and does this happen more with springs or coilovers??? Is there anything we can do???

thanks

Last edited by G350RT; 02-22-2013 at 03:35 PM.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:37 AM
BC Coilover's For Sale - 03'-06' G35x

Hey guys, got a full set of BC Racing Coilovers that are only 6 months old with less than 3500 miles on them, perfect condition, never raced or abused, just lowered it to be flush with the 19's I had on. The reason i'm getting rid of them is I'm selling my car and putting stock back on. Will ship, live in Philadelphia. Text or call 610.733.2155 if interested...

Attached Thumbnails Calling all "X's" with a lowered suspension!-photo-2-.jpg   Calling all "X's" with a lowered suspension!-photo.jpg  
Old 02-23-2013, 08:09 AM
Originally Posted by G350RT
So i been reading alot about these drops and what seems to be common is the z/g drop now my question is has anyone actually put aftermarket springs for a 350z on a g35x sedan???? If so what was ride like and how bad is the camber??? Also I been seeing that few members that have lowered their car the cv tends to blow is this common problem and does this happen more with springs or coilovers??? Is there anything we can do???

thanks
wouldnt matter if you were lowered on springs or coils.. boots will still bust unless you get extended cv boots, drive really carefully and dont daily it.

i dont daily my G but when i used to i bust me boot twice!.. and thats when i had my 18s on.

dont know where to get extended boots from, but i know it exists.

Old 02-23-2013, 08:11 AM
Originally Posted by biller1
Hey guys, got a full set of BC Racing Coilovers that are only 6 months old with less than 3500 miles on them, perfect condition, never raced or abused, just lowered it to be flush with the 19's I had on. The reason i'm getting rid of them is I'm selling my car and putting stock back on. Will ship, live in Philadelphia. Text or call 610.733.2155 if interested...
sweet. post it on the market place under private suspension section. im sure you will get many hits.

Old 02-23-2013, 10:33 PM
Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by MPG35fiend
wouldnt matter if you were lowered on springs or coils.. boots will still bust unless you get extended cv boots, drive really carefully and dont daily it.

i dont daily my G but when i used to i bust me boot twice!.. and thats when i had my 18s on.

dont know where to get extended boots from, but i know it exists.
You cant drive carefully to protect the boots, they just wear and tear because of the extra angle and movement its exposed to pending on how low you are.

I've had this problem lowering other FWD cars as well. Those CV axle boots can and will tear a little more often. Some people say its due to hitting potholes but it could be just due to turning lock to lock.

I've been lucky on my sedan to still have original boots. 2 years on springs and a couple of summers on my BC coils.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.33 average.

Quick Reply: Calling all "X's" with a lowered suspension!