G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

G35 Sedan vs. Leg GT Ltd.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2004, 01:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: G35 Sedan vs. Leg GT Ltd.

you keep coming back for more so maybe you dont hate it...

2003.5 DP 5AT Sedan (E-thing but Nav)
14.2 @ 97.18
Z-Tube
K&N Drop In & Airbox Mod
10 Wire Hyper-Ground
Crawford Plenum (V4)
UR Crank Pulley
Polk EX-3500 Tweeters/Shock Sensor/H-Liner

Old 07-15-2004, 03:01 PM

I can believe someone said Subarus are more reliable than Infiniti. Ignorant.

anyway Infiniti has a powertrain warranty of 7 years/ 70,000 miles. So does Lexus. But BMW, Acura, MerBenz, and SUBARU don't. I wonder why???????????

Old 07-15-2004, 03:36 PM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Go away, scubie - go away.

Sport Sedan Fan - 2004 6MT Sedan
Sport/Navigation/Premium/Aero; "Invisiguard" Bra, Madico Onyx Tint
Obsidian Black/Graphite & "Titanium"
SHE'S SILVER & BLACK - GO RAIDERS!

Old 07-15-2004, 05:13 PM

My but yes, you certainly are showing that upper class breeding that a premium car driver would have...

Old 07-15-2004, 05:24 PM
Don't drink and Mag Race
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Who needs breeding........I'm a mutt.....with a cooler car than you.

Seriously, why bother telling everyone how classy you are and then dive right into the muck? Save your hate for all of the SRT-4 drivers you guys bash on your forum.

'04 G35X Graphite/graphite, NAV, wood, premium

Old 07-15-2004, 11:07 PM

I was one of the folks seriously on the fence on the G35/Leg GT debate. Test drove both, and made the call tonight to go with the G35 (6MT, Black on Black, no options). I was deciding between the Legacy GT Ltd Wagon, or the G35. With the 2.9% financing that Subaru isn't offering, and my eligibility for the VPP pricing with Infiniti, the choice was made a lot easier. The pricing was essentially a wash.

As much as I like the Legacy GT's, I'm less than impressed when I see a tarted up Outback or a base Legacy running around. Never a fan of the jacked up Outbacks, and didn't want to have my car associated with them. Heck, driving a Contour SVT all these years, people still draw comparisons to all the rental Contours on the road and just don't understand the difference.

The G35 won't be confused for anything else (sorry, don't buy into the G35 = Altima rubs some of the Subie fans are throwing around). I'm not a brand snob, and recognize both cars as a good value for what they are. The better warranty, dealership quality, and the known resale value for the G35 also helped sway the deal. The Subie may offer good resale down the road, but who knows at this point. The wife came along to look at both, and she even said it's got to be the G35.

So if anyone's looking for a good deal on a well cared for Contour SVT, let me know! I pickup the G on Saturday.

'98.5 Contour SVT, 131K miles and counting

Old 07-16-2004, 08:20 AM

I'd rather have the altima v-6 anyway. Comparing the altima to the legacy is actually a comparison worth arguing.

And dont take offense from a guy driving an impreza telling you you have a altima lol imagine that...FWD

2003.5 DP 5AT Sedan (E-thing but Nav)
14.2 @ 97.18
Z-Tube
K&N Drop In & Airbox Mod
10 Wire Hyper-Ground
Crawford Plenum (V4)
UR Crank Pulley
Polk EX-3500 Tweeters/Shock Sensor/H-Liner

Old 07-16-2004, 09:27 AM

Personally I have nothing against the Altima. FWD wouldn't be my first choice, but its not the end of the world, and its decent looking and has decent grunt. The new interior helps too. I've actually encouraged several people I know to look at one when considering their options, inlcuding a friend who owns a Passat but as usual is fed up with all the problems.

Its interesting that so far on the "what are you trading in for your Legacy" thread, the most prevalent vehicle so far by far is the Audi A4. This would seem to indicate that Audi drivers anyway see it as a viable alternative.

Old 07-16-2004, 11:25 AM

JMC,

I, like you, was on the fence between the G35 and Legacy GT. Both very good cars for the money. Fast, comfortable, safe, and both are a good value.

When I started this post, I was hoping for some good natured discussion on the merits of both cars, but it devolved into something completely different. I have to take some of the blame for this. As an overall car enthusiast, I find it difficult to accept when people add significant luster to one make because of the snob appeal.

We ALL must accept the fact that brands have to start somewhere. Infiniti started out in the mid 80's to take on Mercedes (remember those "odd" commercials that told you nothing, but showed plenty of beautiful scnery?). It took them until at least 2002 to even be CONSIDERED on the same playing field. At the same glacial pace, Subaru will have until at least 2017 to complete their transition.

Premium anything can't be invented overnight. Just ask Merecedes with Maybach, VW with Phaeton and Bugatti, and all the others with their SuperCars of the year (Noble, Zonda, Saleen, Etc.). "Give it time, Grasshopper!"

As for me, I finally made my choice when it fell into my lap. A friend of mine offered to sell his 02' 540 to me at a very attractive price and I took him up on the offer. The transaction will be complete after his new 5 arrives.

Old 07-16-2004, 12:12 PM

lol so its neither, eh? Thats pretty funny. Congrats on the new car!

Old 07-16-2004, 03:27 PM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Scubie02:

Read my posts, clown. Never said I was driving a premium car, called it a "near" luxury car at best - but definitely a SPORT SEDAN, which is what I bought.

Doesn't take class or breeding to be intelligent and capable of thoughtful discourse, just don't see the point in engaging a poser. Go away, little Scubie ... go away!

Sport Sedan Fan - 2004 6MT Sedan
Sport/Navigation/Premium/Aero; "Invisiguard" Bra, Madico Onyx Tint
Obsidian Black/Graphite & "Titanium"
SHE'S SILVER & BLACK - GO RAIDERS!

Old 07-16-2004, 03:38 PM

Isn't it funny and ironic that Aqcats, the thread originator, has decided now not to get either the Infiniti G35 or the Subaru Legacy GT...he's picking up an '02 BMW 540i from his friend...nice car if it's in good condition (and at least it's the beefy 8-cyl. and not the 225 HP 6 cyl. of the 530i). However, he may end up spending some days driving the new BMW loaners while his is in the shop...what a lucky guy ;-)

Don't worry -- I not starting another fight; just an observation from my brother's experience with his '02 BMW 530i, that's all. We definitely don't need the BMW boys coming over here for an argument...it's enough we have the Subies here. ;-)

I wish Aqcats the best when he gets his Bimmer later this year...no hard feelings for that BMW "snob"...ha ha...just kidding. ;-)

2004.5 G35-S 5AT Black/Willow - Prem, R. Spoiler, Navi, Infiniti Sport Wheels, Alum Pedals, Dark Tint, Z Tube, K&N Filter<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by bsgoren on 07/16/04 12:55 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 08-02-2004, 09:50 PM

The New Legacy...2004 Car or the Year in Japan

315128-b4_200405.jpg

Old 08-02-2004, 10:14 PM

rossiski - dude, are you getting bored over on your Subie Forum? So bored already that you just had to come over here and post that above?...how pathetic.

btw - that one looks slightly modded up, don't you think -- Gialla front, huge rear wing spoiler, wheels? I especially like that 3 ft. high rear wing spoiler...looks, eh, interesting...does that car also have wings that automatically extend out from your doors when it reaches 120 mph? Oh, yes...very cool. Oh yeah, and that hood scoop is very professional looking too ;-) Is your name..."Bond, James Bond?"

Gimme a break. Although this is a Web site and all are welcome from across the globe, most of us here live in the U.S.A. (afterall Infiniti exists in the U.S. and Canada; it's only Nissan everwhere else). Personally, I don't care what is the "Car of the Year in Japan." We don't live in Japan, so go back to your Subie Forum already; we're done with this crap!

And, I still have yet to see one on the road...I guess it's not "revolutionary" afterall.

2004.5 G35-S 5AT Black/Willow - Prem, R. Spoiler, Navi, Infiniti Sport Wheels, Alum Pedals, Dark Tint, Z Tube, K&N Filter<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by bsgoren on 08/02/04 07:24 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 08-02-2004, 10:30 PM

To each his own...

So far, I've seen 14 or so pages of discussion on the new Legacy, but no one has yet to post a picture. I thought I'd fix that.

I personally like the Gialla pic. But for those who don't, here are some "official" images.

315165-1.jpg

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35 Sedan vs. Leg GT Ltd.