G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Broken Drivers Seat Frame

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 05:37 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Wannabe6MT
The only issue my car has had, is this seat issue...

And also, what is the fix? Because my seat is really annoying lol
It depends on what broke. This thread shows how a bolt can come loose leading to a bracket breaking. The OP fixed it with a homemade brace bought from Home Depot. If it is the rails themselves, your best bet is probably to buy them used from a wrecked G. It's really impossible to say what has broken without you taking your seat out. It may be as easy as finding someone who can fix the broken frame with a few spot welds.

I haven't had this problem yet, but I'll probably pull mine out this weekend just to check and make sure all the bolts are tight.

Old 05-21-2010, 05:39 PM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
Mine just like, slides forward a bit under braking. Not a lot, and it doesnt go up or down, but noticeable.

Old 05-21-2010, 06:08 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Originally Posted by K Dub
And I'm not selling it over the seat alone. I'm thinking of selling it because of the overall JUNK quality of the vehicle. Junk suspension, junk transmission, junk stereo. Why should I have to spend $800+ to have a working stereo on a 4 year old car with 36K miels on it? Becuase the entire car is made of JUNK, that's why.

Honestly my 1997 I30 was 100 times better than this G will ever be and the thing had 110K on it.

I always thought of Infiniti as a quality company until I owned a newer one. This things honestly makes my old POS Jeeps look like good cars. I never had issues ike this with them. And that's just sad.

All you fanbois just put up with constantly replacing compression rods, control arm bushings, doing the DD conversion, swapping or fixing seats blindly without realizing that you shouldn't have to be doing this. And if Infiniti made a qualty product, you wouldn't.

Sounds like you just got a lemon. All of the issues you mentioned are frequently discussed on this forum but rarely do I hear about 1 car that has every one. I don't consider the suspension to be junk because I have to replace a $25 bushing in the compression rod. I'm 47 and have owned/driven a crapload of cars and the 5AT I have in my 05 is the best transmission I've ever owned. Buttery smooth and easily manipulated to perform like I want it to. So I don't know where the junk transmission comment comes in unless you are talking about the 6MT.

You just come off as bitter about your purchase which I understand with all of the problems you are having. My 05 has 70,000 miles and I haven't had a single problem with it. Of course I take care of it and am religious with it's maintenance. That being said every car manufacturer has their issues with all of their models, we live in an imperfect world you know. And realize that this forum consists of a miniscule percentage of G owners so to label Infiniti a junk brand is a pretty broad and inaccurate statement.

I say just sell your G, get yourself a nice Accord, and go hang out on the Honda forums. Your constant complaining is wearing thin. I'm not trying to be an azz, but really man, what good has it done you?

Old 05-22-2010, 04:06 PM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
And this cheap fix is?

I have spent probably 12 hours on this forum searching and reading about this issue alone and I sure as hell haven't found one. At least not one that works anyway. Please enlighten me.
Check page 2

Originally Posted by Blue Dream
Sounds like you just got a lemon. All of the issues you mentioned are frequently discussed on this forum but rarely do I hear about 1 car that has every one. I don't consider the suspension to be junk because I have to replace a $25 bushing in the compression rod. I'm 47 and have owned/driven a crap-load of cars and the 5AT I have in my 05 is the best transmission I've ever owned. Buttery smooth and easily manipulated to perform like I want it to. So I don't know where the junk transmission comment comes in unless you are talking about the 6MT.

You just come off as bitter about your purchase which I understand with all of the problems you are having. My 05 has 70,000 miles and I haven't had a single problem with it. Of course I take care of it and am religious with it's maintenance. That being said every car manufacturer has their issues with all of their models, we live in an imperfect world you know. And realize that this forum consists of a miniscule percentage of G owners so to label Infiniti a junk brand is a pretty broad and inaccurate statement.

I say just sell your G, get yourself a nice Accord, and go hang out on the Honda forums. Your constant complaining is wearing thin. I'm not trying to be an azz, but really man, what good has it done you?
^Since he's not going to be an "azz" I will.

Maybe you're too rough on the driver's seat, or just a Fat SOB because Mine has 117K and the seat is rock solid, also the compression rods aren't a problem... and when a bushing wears out... big FRICKIN deal... it's a bushing... they wear out.

Maybe you just got a lemon, there are lemons in every car brand... or maybe your just one of those people that whines about everything. Either way, don't assume that every Infiniti in the world is "Junk" just because you had problems, if that were really the case, nobody would buy them. And before you call me a "fanboy" I don't really care what brand a car is. When I was shopping for my car, I picked it based off RWD, power, comfort, and value... and it's not let me down at all. I have been in tons of vehicles of all makes, owned, driven and worked on my fair share of other cars, and I still haven't seen anything that's held up as well as the G.

Whatever your reason for the constant Infiniti bashing, it's really Why don't you just do everyone a favor and trade in your G on something else... then we won't have to hear you gripe.

Old 05-22-2010, 04:23 PM

Ouch, but I agree. I'm a fanboi I won't lie. I've had 2 Maximas, a Pathfinder, and now my G in the last 10 years. I have purchased all of them used and I drove the first 3 well over 100K miles each. Never had a serious problem with any of them. With the G at 70K that's over 400,000 miles with no issues. I think the first gen G is one of the best used car values out there. Great blend of styling, handling, power, and a touch of luxury to boot. Consumer Reports consistently rates it as an excellent buy in their evaluations. And that's coming from an impartial company, not a fanboi like me.

As my Dad used to say, "Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya....."

Old 05-22-2010, 04:27 PM
? = 2B || !2B

^Wow... great quote maybe we're related because one of my great-uncles says that too.

Old 05-22-2010, 04:36 PM

I had to make it my sig after I read it out loud. Pops is 74 so I'm guessing it's an age thing. How old is your great-uncle??

Old 05-22-2010, 04:37 PM
? = 2B || !2B

^Right around that.
He's a fountain of funny expressions like that

Old 05-22-2010, 06:19 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
God i hate my rocking seat...
I don't have that on my G35--the seat is solid and never moves on its own. The only isssue is when I move the seat back say, when my wife finishes driving----the seat kind of pops a bit--like--ticka, ticka, ticka, ticka as it slides on the track. Once it gets to where I need it to be--it is fine. Btw, it has been fixed one time before under warranty for a rocking seat. So far it has been fine. Nobody is obese in this family-----I'm 6'1" and 195 lbs and the wife is like 5'6" and 123 lbs--so it's definitely not a user issue.

The Z06 however has a very slight rocking---that is barely noticeable. If and/or when it gets worse--corvettes of Houston can fix it with a rocking seat kit and labor for about $150 or so. Guaranteed fix. Too bad infiniti has to charge $167,000 for a fix.

Last edited by Texan1; 05-22-2010 at 06:29 PM.
Old 05-22-2010, 07:49 PM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
Im not fat either. Maybe its just certain cars?? Is there really a TSB for this?

Old 05-25-2010, 02:16 AM
Received 62 Likes on 58 Posts
sometimes i feel my seat slide a bit when i come to a stop kinda quick.. which bolt could be loose? should i ask the dealer to tighten the bolts on them? would they charge me if they do? lol just wondering

Old 05-25-2010, 02:20 AM
Mr.202?

Received 204 Likes on 162 Posts
Im not fat either. Maybe its just certain cars?? Is there really a TSB for this?
Have you checked if yours is broken like the OP? Just stick your head there you can see the bolt and the brace easy.

Originally Posted by socialconflicts
sometimes i feel my seat slide a bit when i come to a stop kinda quick.. which bolt could be loose? should i ask the dealer to tighten the bolts on them? would they charge me if they do? lol just wondering

For sure, they will charge you a diagnostic fee or something similar. Chair is held on via 4 bolts.

Old 05-25-2010, 09:10 AM
Originally Posted by socialconflicts
Read this thread and check it out yourself.

Old 05-25-2010, 11:11 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by NFSP G35
Check page 2

^Since he's not going to be an "azz" I will.

Maybe you're too rough on the driver's seat, or just a Fat SOB because Mine has 117K and the seat is rock solid, also the compression rods aren't a problem... and when a bushing wears out... big FRICKIN deal... it's a bushing... they wear out.

Maybe you just got a lemon, there are lemons in every car brand... or maybe your just one of those people that whines about everything. Either way, don't assume that every Infiniti in the world is "Junk" just because you had problems, if that were really the case, nobody would buy them. And before you call me a "fanboy" I don't really care what brand a car is. When I was shopping for my car, I picked it based off RWD, power, comfort, and value... and it's not let me down at all. I have been in tons of vehicles of all makes, owned, driven and worked on my fair share of other cars, and I still haven't seen anything that's held up as well as the G.

Whatever your reason for the constant Infiniti bashing, it's really Why don't you just do everyone a favor and trade in your G on something else... then we won't have to hear you gripe.

And an azz you were.

I wouldn't call the car a lemon, more like just a typical newer nissan. Why is it that every issue I discover produces hundreds of hits when I search it? Doesn't sound like my issues are isolated incidents at all.

As far as "fat" goes, well I'm 6'1" and 190 lbs, and I've only spent 3K miles in the driver's seat so far, so I highly doubt it's that.

My reason for the "Infiniti bashing" as you call it is because I'm a little unhappy at how one sided this forum is, and I am looking to provide the other side. The side form a car person who calls it like he sees it instead of standing by and blindly pledging allegiance to the almighty Infiniti.

Everyone says how great, awesome handling, reliable and fast these cars are. What a joke. None of those are true at all. It's just fanboism at it's finest. The G is a GREAT car. Oh whoops....did we forget to mention that all our suspension bushings wear out before 50K, that the seats move around, that the stereo issue supposedly "fixed" in the later models wasn't really fixed at all, and that we all have to add a quart of oil to our cars every 1K miles? Not to mention the window issues, door lock issues, the chassis issues, all the sensor problems, etc., etc. etc. The list just goes on and on and on.

If they were junk no one would buy them? People still buy kias, people still buy BMW's. All it proves is that not all people know what is junk and what is not. And from I have seen here, you guys don't have a clue.

Sorry to bring a little truth into your rose-colored world. I'll be here a little while with TRUTH whether you like it or not, and if you "don't want to hear me gripe", then don't read my posts.

Old 05-25-2010, 11:21 AM
And an azz you were.

I wouldn't call the car a lemon, more like just a typical newer nissan. Why is it that every issue I discover produces hundreds of hits when I search it? Doesn't sound like my issues are isolated incidents at all.

As far as "fat" goes, well I'm 6'1" and 190 lbs, and I've only spent 3K miles in the driver's seat so far, so I highly doubt it's that.

My reason for the "Infiniti bashing" as you call it is because I'm a little unhappy at how one sided this forum is, and I am looking to provide the other side. The side form a car person who calls it like he sees it instead of standing by and blindly pledging allegiance to the almighty Infiniti.

Everyone says how great, awesome handling, reliable and fast these cars are. What a joke. None of those are true at all. It's just fanboism at it's finest. The G is a GREAT car. Oh whoops....did we forget to mention that all our suspension bushings wear out before 50K, that the seats move around, that the stereo issue supposedly "fixed" in the later models wasn't really fixed at all, and that we all have to add a quart of oil to our cars every 1K miles? Not to mention the window issues, door lock issues, the chassis issues, all the sensor problems, etc., etc. etc. The list just goes on and on and on.

If they were junk no one would buy them? People still buy kias, people still buy BMW's. All it proves is that not all people know what is junk and what is not. And from I have seen here, you guys don't have a clue.

Sorry to bring a little truth into your rose-colored world. I'll be here a little while with TRUTH whether you like it or not, and if you "don't want to hear me gripe", then don't read my posts.
Wow, I was hoping you had left the forum and sold your car, but no such luck. It's amazing that my car is at 52K and the only problem I've had out of your list is the compression rod bushings which were fixed for free under warranty. Maybe I'm just lucky?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Broken Drivers Seat Frame