Broken Drivers Seat Frame

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 12:49 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Originally Posted by K Dub

Everyone says how great, awesome handling, reliable and fast these cars are. What a joke. None of those are true at all. It's just fanboism at it's finest. The G is a GREAT car. Oh whoops....did we forget to mention that all our suspension bushings wear out before 50K, that the seats move around, that the stereo issue supposedly "fixed" in the later models wasn't really fixed at all, and that we all have to add a quart of oil to our cars every 1K miles? Not to mention the window issues, door lock issues, the chassis issues, all the sensor problems, etc., etc. etc. The list just goes on and on and on.

Sorry to bring a little truth into your rose-colored world. I'll be here a little while with TRUTH whether you like it or not, and if you "don't want to hear me gripe", then don't read my posts.
Sorry dude, you wouldn't know TRUTH if it smacked you in the face. Your posts are so full of BS I don't know where to start. WE ALL don't have issues with suspension bushings, oil consumption issues, or radio issues like you have erroneously stated. Making these kinds of claims destroys any credibility you need to make your arguments relevant.

I guess all I have left to say is:

Name:  failholecd3.jpg
Views: 592
Size:  24.8 KB

Old 05-25-2010, 01:03 PM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
And an azz you were.

I wouldn't call the car a lemon, more like just a typical newer nissan. Why is it that every issue I discover produces hundreds of hits when I search it? Doesn't sound like my issues are isolated incidents at all.

As far as "fat" goes, well I'm 6'1" and 190 lbs, and I've only spent 3K miles in the driver's seat so far, so I highly doubt it's that.

My reason for the "Infiniti bashing" as you call it is because I'm a little unhappy at how one sided this forum is, and I am looking to provide the other side. The side form a car person who calls it like he sees it instead of standing by and blindly pledging allegiance to the almighty Infiniti.

Everyone says how great, awesome handling, reliable and fast these cars are. What a joke. None of those are true at all. It's just fanboism at it's finest. The G is a GREAT car. Oh whoops....did we forget to mention that all our suspension bushings wear out before 50K, that the seats move around, that the stereo issue supposedly "fixed" in the later models wasn't really fixed at all, and that we all have to add a quart of oil to our cars every 1K miles? Not to mention the window issues, door lock issues, the chassis issues, all the sensor problems, etc., etc. etc. The list just goes on and on and on.

If they were junk no one would buy them? People still buy kias, people still buy BMW's. All it proves is that not all people know what is junk and what is not. And from I have seen here, you guys don't have a clue.

Sorry to bring a little truth into your rose-colored world. I'll be here a little while with TRUTH whether you like it or not, and if you "don't want to hear me gripe", then don't read my posts.
As stated before, if you dont like the car, ****ing take it back, sell it, run it into a wall. We don't give a **** how you get rid of it nor how many issues your car has unless your asking a legitiment question in a semi-professional matter

Out of your list, the only thing that i have had on my car in 54k miles is a rocking seat. And thats only SLIGHTLY rocking. I am just an OCD person.

My car has been extremely reliable, and it has also never failed me, but it must be a piece of **** car because YOURS isn't that reliable. I drove this flaming pile of **** 6200 miles last summer to California, and next week its going with me to Florida. If i could, i'd drive my piece of **** Infiniti with supposedly bad compression rods around the world. I trust its stupid broken *** all that much.

If all you want to do is bitch, go to a forum who cares. This forum is for people that actually enjoy the cars they bought and drive.

Fvcking douchecanoe.

Old 05-25-2010, 03:23 PM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
And an azz you were.

I wouldn't call the car a lemon, more like just a typical newer nissan. Why is it that every issue I discover produces hundreds of hits when I search it? Doesn't sound like my issues are isolated incidents at all.

As far as "fat" goes, well I'm 6'1" and 190 lbs, and I've only spent 3K miles in the driver's seat so far, so I highly doubt it's that.

My reason for the "Infiniti bashing" as you call it is because I'm a little unhappy at how one sided this forum is, and I am looking to provide the other side. The side form a car person who calls it like he sees it instead of standing by and blindly pledging allegiance to the almighty Infiniti.

If they were junk no one would buy them? People still buy kias, people still buy BMW's. All it proves is that not all people know what is junk and what is not. And from I have seen here, you guys don't have a clue.

Dude... get over yourself... I don't have a "rose-colored world"
I'll admit, the G35 is far from perfect, but given that there is no perfect car that much is obvious.

You talk like EVERY single G35 is falling apart and has every single problem... and guess what... that just simply isn't the case.

My car had the radio problem... THAT'S IT. And while there are a number of other people that have had the same problem, there are also plenty of people that have cars as old as 02 that are still on the original radio.

"Infiniti Bashing" isn't what I'm calling it... it's what everyone here is calling it, and granted a G35 forum is going to be a bit biased, we all know our cars have faults and are willing to accept the faults they do have over the ones they don't. Again, you're not going to find a perfect car, so I chose a car that had the faults I could live with. I did plenty of research on common problems before I bought the G, and still decided it was the best value for what I wanted.

If your car had all, or most of the problems, the YOU GOT A LEMON... sucks for you. Now, go sell it and buy a gutless Honda to gripe about.

Old 05-25-2010, 03:25 PM
? = 2B || !2B

Originally Posted by Blue Dream
Sorry dude, you wouldn't know TRUTH if it smacked you in the face. Your posts are so full of BS I don't know where to start. WE ALL don't have issues with suspension bushings, oil consumption issues, or radio issues like you have erroneously stated. Making these kinds of claims destroys any credibility you need to make your arguments relevant.

Wow Tim... I think our bookmarked favorites probably have a lot of the same images... that one is one of my favs

oh yeah... on a side note KDub... if you really want to see "fanboism at it's finest" go visit a SRT-4 forum

Old 06-01-2010, 08:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just fixed my seat today, I put the bolt back in and added a nut to the back of the support arm, took a dremel tool to where it cracked and then welded it, It took the rock away 100%, took about 20 min in total, Very easy to do. Did not get rid of my seat squeek, but im happy for a free fix that was going to be $1600 from the stealership I am very happy.

Old 06-01-2010, 11:24 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by C63someday
Just fixed my seat today, I put the bolt back in and added a nut to the back of the support arm, took a dremel tool to where it cracked and then welded it, It took the rock away 100%, took about 20 min in total, Very easy to do. Did not get rid of my seat squeek, but im happy for a free fix that was going to be $1600 from the stealership I am very happy.
Glad you were able to fix it for next to nothing and get this thread back on track...I was told the seat would have to be stripped to be welded so I never pursued it...and I'm sorry for your squeak.

Old 06-02-2010, 01:21 AM
Received 121 Likes on 113 Posts
Is there only one common fix? Or can the seat break from other spots?

Old 06-02-2010, 01:40 AM
Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts
OP -- good to know this info for the future.

G-basher dude -- Yes there are issues with these cars that can range from electrical to engine, like every other car out there, no need to state the obvious. The fact that your car seems to be suffering several problems at once is unforunate.

The whole point of this forum is to discuss these issues (whether positive or negative) and share solutions where members can gain knowledge, save on costs and just get more "hands on" with their G (especially those who aren't as mechanically inclined). Bottom line is i have owned 3 Nissans and this community has been nothing but helpful to me. If you haven't found the solution you're looking for, im sure someone else will be happy to chime in. If you only want to bash instead of listen to others' advice, then I suggest you peace the **** out of here.

Old 06-03-2010, 01:40 AM
we just covered my seat with a blanket and welded the crack, and replaced the bolt. And as far as what i can tell this is the only spot to break that would cause this rocking issue.

Old 06-03-2010, 02:39 AM
? = 2B || !2B

^You're brave!

Old 08-05-2010, 02:26 AM
Man I just did this fix and it was a b*tch and a half. Future reference, just weld it, much easier. The fabrication is annoying to fit the piece in and out and has to fit perfectly. Hard to get the nuts out and tighten again b/c of tight space. But thanks for the info, saved myself lots of $$$$

Old 08-05-2010, 09:33 AM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
Yea, i totally dont know how to weld..

Old 09-07-2010, 04:43 PM
Didn't know if anyone had checked the NHTSA site about this but there is a recall notice relating to the driver side seats experiencing movement other than normal which can potentially result in an issue with the airbag not deploying. So far there is no resolution to the recall notice posted on the site. I can't imagine that the 2 issues are unrelated but there's a chance.

I bought my 05 G35 Sedan used and love driving it every day and haven't experienced any issues other than the rocking drivers seat which is annoying and seems dangerous. I'm not thrilled about having to pay $1200 to fix something that shouldn't break in the first place, but that's just me.

I'm not about to take the seat off as I don't think I'd be able to handle that type of repair work on my own!

Old 09-08-2010, 03:39 PM
my co-worker and I just walked out of the office to check my seat. We could both see that the frame was cracked while the seat was still in the car. What seems odd to me is that the bolt was still in the right place.

I'll probably end up welding it back together. This doesnt bother me a bit; I thought I was the only one that had this problem. I thought I was just too big for the car. 6'5" and around 300lbs.

Thanks everyone for the help

Old 09-09-2010, 03:49 AM
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Dream

I though that pic would say something along the lines of, dont be a bithc. instead of that but it works too.

BTW my seat was cracked. yes they said 1200 to fix as you can just change the rail, you are basically buying a whole new bottom portion of the seat.

They said it would be covered under the manu warranty if you still have it so whats the big deal?

yea for me my extended warranty said f off and didnt cover it, but I ended up with a coupe seat in the 300 dollar price range, not a bad fix. after I parted out the parts of my old seat I think it only costs 150 bucks for a nicer coupe one ne ways....

if something is broke, find a way to fix it and do it. call it a day

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Broken Drivers Seat Frame