G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Random Little Question Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 07-11-2012, 12:59 PM
I can haz potato?

Received 1,019 Likes on 793 Posts
sabertooth tiger
Originally Posted by Eye Eat Ketchup
anybody know how to determine if a TPMS Sensor is working? I have scored some from craigslist and want to make sure they work before mounting them.

Thanks
If you take them to a shop that can mount them for you, they should hopefully be able to test if the units' batteries are still good. That being said, it may require them being installed and trying to connect to the car's TPMS. I had mine installed first and then tested. Best of luck!

Old 07-11-2012, 01:30 PM
Received 358 Likes on 258 Posts
Originally Posted by DVG
I guess a fairweather cruiser would be the best description, I will probably begin tracking it every now and then. It will still be a DD until I get another car though, which will be a few years.
Well, I'd say take it out to AUTOX asap. Like this season. Look for local "solo/autox" events. That 1st event will tell you if you really want to do the track thing or if you just want a cruiser.

Because the slope to great handling has the downfall of jittery uncomfortable cruising for the most part. this can be avoided until you get into stiffer bushings, subframe connectors, etc, etc. then stuff gets rough.

Originally Posted by DVG
I do brake before corners lol, on the road near my house that I like I find it does roll quite a bit through curves, and I would like a more stable setup. The front and lower ties arent that expensive and from what Ive seen everyone who gets them loves them.
Ok maybe I misinterpreted what you said. Still don't understand why brakes aren't doing the job then. the stock brakes are pretty impressive, though people complain about them at times on here, they really are a great setup.

Originally Posted by DVG
As for tracking, I just want to go out and have some fun pushing the car further than I normally can. Why would simple braces put me in another division though?
Dude personally I think everyone should have to go once. Makes you such a better driver.

The fact that it's fun as he11 is just a bonus
if you're not doing it competitively, and just for fun, it really doesn't matter what class you end up in.
But if you want to actually compete or rank at all, it will matter what mods you do/dont do.
The rules/classing can seem silly. But most of the subframe connectors and additional chassis stiffeners are not allowed in the stock/STX classes.

We're already at a disadvantage in classing with the G35 on an autoX course by classing, due to extra power on tap we are classed higher right from the start. The weight isn't factored in as much as it should be, IMO.

Old 07-11-2012, 01:39 PM
DVG
Received 143 Likes on 117 Posts
Originally Posted by TunerMax
Well, I'd say take it out to AUTOX asap. Like this season. Look for local "solo/autox" events. That 1st event will tell you if you really want to do the track thing or if you just want a cruiser.

Because the slope to great handling has the downfall of jittery uncomfortable cruising for the most part. this can be avoided until you get into stiffer bushings, subframe connectors, etc, etc. then stuff gets rough.

Ok maybe I misinterpreted what you said. Still don't understand why brakes aren't doing the job then. the stock brakes are pretty impressive, though people complain about them at times on here, they really are a great setup.

Dude personally I think everyone should have to go once. Makes you such a better driver.

The fact that it's fun as he11 is just a bonus
if you're not doing it competitively, and just for fun, it really doesn't matter what class you end up in.
But if you want to actually compete or rank at all, it will matter what mods you do/dont do.
The rules/classing can seem silly. But most of the subframe connectors and additional chassis stiffeners are not allowed in the stock/STX classes.

We're already at a disadvantage in classing with the G35 on an autoX course by classing, due to extra power on tap we are classed higher right from the start. The weight isn't factored in as much as it should be, IMO.
I think the problem with my brakes is the generic pads lol, I cant even remember the last time I engaged ABS under hard braking, and its not because of my tires.

I think the move to 05/06 plus OEM pads will be a good improvement, over my current setup.

Yeah Ill start looking for an event

The following users liked this post:
TunerMax (07-11-2012)
Old 07-11-2012, 02:05 PM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
I honestly thing a round or two of AutoX should be a mandatory part of licensing for a new driver.
Teaches you so much about how your car handles in all sorts of situations and especially how to "drive out" of a skid instead of panicking.

TunerMax (07-11-2012)
Old 07-11-2012, 05:26 PM
Mr.202?

Received 205 Likes on 163 Posts
Originally Posted by DVG
I think the problem with my brakes is the generic pads lol, I cant even remember the last time I engaged ABS under hard braking, and its not because of my tires.

I think the move to 05/06 plus OEM pads will be a good improvement, over my current setup.

Yeah Ill start looking for an event
You cant engage ABS under hard braking? Holy crap your brakes are horrible. I can get ABS to kick in at anytime above the Min ABS speed lol.

Also dont forget brake fluid!

Originally Posted by NFSP G35
I honestly thing a round or two of AutoX should be a mandatory part of licensing for a new driver.
Teaches you so much about how your car handles in all sorts of situations and especially how to "drive out" of a skid instead of panicking.
I look at my video now and see how horrible I was the first time oh god why lol. But yea It was a great experience, it helped me a lot I Need to do it again soon.

Old 07-11-2012, 06:09 PM
Received 89 Likes on 73 Posts
Should I pick up a set of gunmetal 18" te37 7.5 +40 all around for 1200? Good deal but the width and offsets aren't ideal..not going for poke and want to keep negative cambe as close to factory as possible so thats why im considering the set..

Last edited by dominate; 07-11-2012 at 06:29 PM.
Old 07-11-2012, 07:16 PM
DVG
Received 143 Likes on 117 Posts
Originally Posted by thescreensavers
You cant engage ABS under hard braking? Holy crap your brakes are horrible. I can get ABS to kick in at anytime above the Min ABS speed lol.

Also dont forget brake fluid!

I look at my video now and see how horrible I was the first time oh god why lol. But yea It was a great experience, it helped me a lot I Need to do it again soon.
I could maybe engage it with emergency braking, but I have not engaged it for a loong time

What kind of brake fluid would be best? Not sure if that is like asking which exhaust is best..but is there a brand that performs better?

Im new to this aspect of the car lol

Old 07-11-2012, 08:59 PM
Mr.202?

Originally Posted by DVG
I could maybe engage it with emergency braking, but I have not engaged it for a loong time

What kind of brake fluid would be best? Not sure if that is like asking which exhaust is best..but is there a brand that performs better?

Im new to this aspect of the car lol
Since you say your going to track your car, and you drive spiritedly, Id Recommend ATE type 200. Same thing as Super blue just not blue. Blue Stains the reservoir. This fluid is also rated for 3 years. There are some better fluids in boiling points such as Motul 600 but its super hydroscopic which means you would need to change it much more often.

Last edited by thescreensavers; 07-12-2012 at 02:00 AM.
Old 07-12-2012, 01:20 AM
On the brake fluid note, I'll need to change mine when I do the Akebonos, how much do we need for a full flush?

Old 07-12-2012, 01:58 AM
Mr.202?

^ Its IIRC 1.5 quarts for a full flush, I usually dump 2 quarts into the motive bleeder and go until its done. Using one of those brake fluid bottles makes things much easier. But they are like 20 bucks lol

TunerMax (07-12-2012)
Old 07-12-2012, 09:00 AM
Originally Posted by thescreensavers
^ Its IIRC 1.5 quarts for a full flush, I usually dump 2 quarts into the motive bleeder and go until its done. Using one of those brake fluid bottles makes things much easier. But they are like 20 bucks lol
Thanks dude!

Old 07-12-2012, 11:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please help....

Hallo people....i have a g35 sedan 300gt '03 ...i tried to do a burnout but it doesn't work...can anyone tell how to do it...!!!??? want to burn some rubber0

Old 07-12-2012, 11:24 AM
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
VDC is probably on.

Old 07-12-2012, 11:27 AM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Yep... VDC will prevent smoking the tires!!

Old 07-12-2012, 11:31 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Can someone tell me how I change the Osiris maps on te steering wheel?

How do I change the Osiris maps ? What do I click because I forgot

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Random Little Question Thread