G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Random Little Question Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 01-29-2013, 02:55 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by DVG
Moore power

Its just a cover from jdmland because the battery is on that side over there
better to have a cover than no cover.
did you see my exhaust question?

Old 01-29-2013, 03:58 PM
Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts
OB '04 Coupe Premium w/Performance Wheel & Tire
Originally Posted by Houston Coupe
so i figured out that my rims are 17x7 all around. should i get 235/55/17 all around of will 245/55/17 be good?

btw i have a coupe
Widest you can fit on the 17x7+45 is 235/50, I think 235/55 might be too much sidewall.

The following users liked this post:
Houston Coupe (01-29-2013)
Old 01-29-2013, 04:00 PM
Originally Posted by JDMswagSerf
So you want a dual exhaust with only one pipe on each side? No mufflers just a midpipe resonator?

Old 01-29-2013, 04:12 PM
Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts
Take it to a muffler shop and have them put a small can on each side, it will be too loud without something. You will have to move the evap canister on the passenger side to fit a muffler. I know I've seen one on here, you might want to search before you get started.

Old 01-29-2013, 05:44 PM
There's a few sedans who have done it, your best bet is to keep the HR y, get a 2.5" single inlet resonator into dual 2.5" dual outs and run those to the back. Or chop your y pipe and place a 2" in/2.5" out x pope resonator and run those to the back. Once at the differential have them install some 2.5" - 3" diffusers and run those to the exits. I made athread showing them on a motordyne system for a z. I have the project in my head, making a reality is tough right now since cash is tight.

Old 01-29-2013, 06:07 PM
@jhern. I guess yea. What I had planned was no muffler. Just 2 pipes coming from the single exhaust pipe.
Name:  8D4D62E1-0E6E-4B11-AD7C-CF0BBB2F4E75-1133-000000A6A405A0D0.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  9.7 KB
You see where the muffler bolts, I was thinking just having a shop convert that to a Y pipe them just have them rum pips to each side with matching tips.

But @35sedan, you're right it will be very loud.
So I should have the shop still convert the midlife resonator flange to a Y and tell them to put 2 smaller mufflers and out matching tips on each side correct?
But first I have to relocate the Evap can correct?
@jhern again lol mi don't want to mess with the exhaust system as I don't have time to take all the exhaust system off and mess with it haha.
I was thinking just make the single pipe at the rear into a Y with 2" piping and matching tips with smaller mufflers for each side as 35sedan said.

Old 01-29-2013, 07:32 PM
I think it would be best using an x pipe to even out flow to each side and increase torque.

Old 01-29-2013, 07:59 PM
DVG
Received 143 Likes on 117 Posts
I like the dual tip exhaust.
I was going to have a muffler shop just tap into y exhaust and run the second tip to the left side of the car.
but from behind you can see the oem muffler.itd look silly with one muffler and dual tips lol.

so if I have a muffler shop cut my muffler off and split that single exhaust pipe into 2 dual pipes, will it be extremely loud?

I'd like the noise level to stay the same, maybe a tiny bit louder to where it sounds deeper but not loud like a fart can.

what do you guys think?

What I had planned was no muffler. Just 2 pipes coming from the single exhaust pipe.
Ive highlighted the things that contradict eachother.

A dual exhaust, as in one exhaust on each side of the *** on a sedan is definitely going to need some good fabbing. There is less clearance on the right side for the exhaust.

Old 01-29-2013, 10:20 PM
Received 302 Likes on 223 Posts
hey guys... i currently have honey wood burl door pull trim peices which are discontinued in my G.

my QUESTION is.........

Would it be an upgrade or a down grade to get the aluminum brushed door pulls? i was thinking about getting them bc i just replaced my shifter with the SxExCx aluminum brushed **** w/preforated killjules shift boot.

open to any input/suggestions/opions.

THANKS in advanced.

Old 01-30-2013, 02:56 AM
Received 158 Likes on 108 Posts
That's all user preference IMO. I think it would be an upgrade. What you can do is send the pieces out to a company (I know there's one in TX) that paints them or something and can give it that wood grain look.

Old 01-30-2013, 05:56 AM
Originally Posted by jhern1016
I think it would be best using an x pipe to even out flow to each side and increase torque.
Originally Posted by DVG
Ive highlighted the things that contradict eachother.

A dual exhaust, as in one exhaust on each side of the *** on a sedan is definitely going to need some good fabbing. There is less clearance on the right side for the exhaust.
yea I can't have both haha.

I don't get what you mean by "X" pipe

I think I'll have the shop eliminate the oem muffler and put 2 smaller mufflers some where and then run dual tips to each side. and I'll make a sort of heat shield to protect sorrounding things

Old 01-30-2013, 07:01 AM
Received 302 Likes on 223 Posts
Originally Posted by The Stimulation
That's all user preference IMO. I think it would be an upgrade. What you can do is send the pieces out to a company (I know there's one in TX) that paints them or something and can give it that wood grain look.
Oh yea I know what you're talking about.. There's one in my area too.. I already have the honey wood hurl.. Thinking about switching to brushed aluminum one just wanted to know of it would be an upgrade to swap wood ones to aluminum one.

Old 01-30-2013, 09:26 AM
Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by MPG35fiend
Oh yea I know what you're talking about.. There's one in my area too.. I already have the honey wood hurl.. Thinking about switching to brushed aluminum one just wanted to know of it would be an upgrade to swap wood ones to aluminum one.
Wood was an upgrade to the premium package, but Infiniti help says it's birds eye maple? If you swap the center console to "titanium trim" then you've upgraded to the sport tuned suspension package which I don't think was available on the x, which means you'll have to paint you console or cut the snow button out on a sport console.

MPG35fiend (01-31-2013)
Old 01-30-2013, 10:16 AM
DVG
Received 143 Likes on 117 Posts
yea I can't have both haha.

I don't get what you mean by "X" pipe

I think I'll have the shop eliminate the oem muffler and put 2 smaller mufflers some where and then run dual tips to each side. and I'll make a sort of heat shield to protect sorrounding things
An X pipe is just what it sounds like

Like I said, it isnt straight forward making one exhaust on each side, the only one I know of is on ttranks car.

Well "upgrade" is up to you. I dont think you should define it by which one the dealer considered an upgrade. If you like the brushed finish more, then it is an upgrade to you. Nomsayin?

MPG35fiend (01-31-2013)
Old 01-30-2013, 12:27 PM
Received 158 Likes on 108 Posts
I would swap with you, but my door pulls have been changed to a different color since I was velvetting them and then the glue made them nasty and I sanded one down to see what a dark metallic grey would look like. Plus I dunno if you have the navi, and that makes a difference.

MPG35fiend (01-31-2013)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Random Little Question Thread