G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Official 2007 Infiniti G35 Negotiated Deal Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2007 | 02:10 PM
Originally Posted by hullio
Excuse me you have no right to call my father a liar. How many dealerships did you go when you bought your car? Did you tell each salesman the exact price from each dealership? I doubt it. You want to get the BEST deal out there. There's nothing wrong at all with what my father did. Dealerships NEVER give you the best deal but try to emphasize they are. We found out their list price for the G35x fully loaded is approx. $46,000CAD and so we tried to get as close to that figure as possible. You always have to play offensive. But I really don't care to argue with you since I'm 16 and rather spend my time studying then arguing with an ignorant person

And those figures which I quoted weren't exact, it was just to get the point across.
Looks like the apple does not fall far from the tree. Pretty sad that parents let their kids know it's ok to be liars.

Old 04-12-2007 | 05:10 PM
Originally Posted by GumboChief
The dealers down there seem to be holding the line rather aggresively.

Most people are not willing to drive 600+ miles just to buy a car
Ya, like me. I am willing to drive to the northeast to get it, if they have the car I want. I remember talking to a Houston dealer on the phone and he was complaining bc. he thinks Dallas was stealing their business. Dallas has better pricing than the rest of the cities here. He is complaining bc. he is only discounting $1000 off of MSRP and Dallas dealers go from 1500 to 2000 of off MSRP. He kept on going about how it's not all about the price and how Houston dealers are all for Infiniti. Then he was like Infiniti is going to be mad at Dallas dealers for selling the cars for "that low". He kept on feeding me his BS so I never called him back after that.

Old 04-12-2007 | 06:09 PM
Dealers can be really dumb (applies to most professions )

Right now, you can buy a one way ticket from Houston to Dallas for $115.

This is for travel 2 days from now on Saturday morning at either 9am or 11am.

If I were buying a car in houston, I would make a 24 hour "hold" reservation, and walk into the houston dealer with the printout on Friday afternoon.

If they don't want to play, just hop on the plane in the morning. Yeah it might be $115 + $35 for a cab to the dealer, but I would gladly pay $150 if it meant saving $1500
Originally Posted by Eclipse2G35
Ya, like me. I am willing to drive to the northeast to get it, if they have the car I want. I remember talking to a Houston dealer on the phone and he was complaining bc. he thinks Dallas was stealing their business. Dallas has better pricing than the rest of the cities here. He is complaining bc. he is only discounting $1000 off of MSRP and Dallas dealers go from 1500 to 2000 of off MSRP. He kept on going about how it's not all about the price and how Houston dealers are all for Infiniti. Then he was like Infiniti is going to be mad at Dallas dealers for selling the cars for "that low". He kept on feeding me his BS so I never called him back after that.

Old 04-13-2007 | 12:32 PM
Originally Posted by RikBakke
2007 G35 Sedan Base, + factory splashguards. that's it. Last base model w/o sunroof in Texas. $750 over invoice. (+TTL). No Trade-in. Also added XM install for 1/2 price (was $500, in for $250 - not a real discount but hey it felt good). Said no to all the tack-ons. Financed through Infiniti/Nissan financial (5.99 % for 5 yrs) - not a lease. Dealer - Grubbs. Very good buying experience. This was my third Infiniti purchase from Grubbs.

Previous buys from Grubbs were '95 G20 & '99 I30. I also purchased a used '99 I30 trade-in from a local private (commission) dealer.
I now have 3 Infinitis... (2) '99 I30s for the (2) daughters & my new G35. The wifemate drives the 2003 Expedition. You don't want my insurance bill...
do you mind give me the salesman name or email address? im in houston and im willing to drive or fly to dallas as long as they have better deal there. houston dealers are horrible. thx in advance

Old 04-13-2007 | 05:31 PM
I also bought my last car from Dallas. None of the Houston dealers would budge from MSRP, bought the car for $2.5k off MSRP from a Dallas dealer, had it shipped to my driveway in Spring for $400 Looks like my next car might also be purchased in similar fashion

Old 04-13-2007 | 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by Linh
I also bought my last car from Dallas. None of the Houston dealers would budge from MSRP, bought the car for $2.5k off MSRP from a Dallas dealer, had it shipped to my driveway in Spring for $400 Looks like my next car might also be purchased in similar fashion
Do you mind telling me which dealer it was? Also if you know the salesman, please let me know either on here or through PM. Thanks.

Old 04-13-2007 | 06:28 PM
Originally Posted by RikBakke
2007 G35 Sedan Base, + factory splashguards. that's it. Last base model w/o sunroof in Texas. $750 over invoice. (+TTL). No Trade-in. Also added XM install for 1/2 price (was $500, in for $250 - not a real discount but hey it felt good). Said no to all the tack-ons. Financed through Infiniti/Nissan financial (5.99 % for 5 yrs) - not a lease. Dealer - Grubbs. Very good buying experience. This was my third Infiniti purchase from Grubbs.

Previous buys from Grubbs were '95 G20 & '99 I30. I also purchased a used '99 I30 trade-in from a local private (commission) dealer.
I now have 3 Infinitis... (2) '99 I30s for the (2) daughters & my new G35. The wifemate drives the 2003 Expedition. You don't want my insurance bill...

Ha, seems like they sold you a rare one for a descent price. The guy I talked to was like we don't go below $1500 off of MSRP. What a BS... We will see if they say the same thing at the end of the month.

Old 04-14-2007 | 09:29 AM
Any good deals in Southern CA?

Anybody getting good deals in the Southern California area? If you are, please let me know which dealer. I am looking for a G35x right now and looking for a good dealership. Thanks.

Old 04-14-2007 | 10:48 AM
got qouted 100 over invoice in Ga... I dont think it gets better

Old 04-14-2007 | 11:43 AM
I have been to every Chicago dealer in the last 2 weeks. All these guys suck. No one wants to give a good price. The best offer so far was $700 above invoice for G35x/Nav/Premium/Tech and that dealer told me that i would have to wait about 2 month to get it in my color. No one seems to want to go down in price, the average is about $500/$1000 off MSRP. I refuse to pay that much above invoice. I am running out of dealerships

Old 04-14-2007 | 11:51 AM
Originally Posted by cybergamefan
Anybody getting good deals in the Southern California area? If you are, please let me know which dealer. I am looking for a G35x right now and looking for a good dealership. Thanks.

I just purchased a 2007 G35s, prem w/nav $2k off the sticker, go to Infiniti of Thousand Oaks, they even give you free oil changes for the life of the ownership and a courtesy at-home tech to go over the tech options. I was floored by this.

It beats the cr@ppy Nissan dealership back in NJ that I bought my old Maxima, they treated you like you stole the car.

Old 04-14-2007 | 12:21 PM
Originally Posted by hook17
got qouted 100 over invoice in Ga... I dont think it gets better

Where in GA is that?

Old 04-14-2007 | 01:25 PM
3 points of advice:

1. Why are you car shopping for an indemand vehicle in the first 2 weeks of April? Of course they are not going to give you their best deals. Shop on either 4/28 or even better 4/30.

2. For Chicago $700 above invoice on a car with tech is a pretty good price (I got a better deal, but I shopped at the end of the month/quarter/fiscal year, on March 31)

3. Not sure about now, but at the end of March, there were 22 G35x's with tech in Minneapolis, but only 12 in Chicago (spread among 7 dealers). Go call the 2 dealers in minneapolis, and see if they are still overflowing with cars. I actually made a one way plane reservation for $150, and was going to fly out the next morning if things had not worked out in Chicago. When things did work out, I simply cancelled my "hold" on the reservation (so there was no ticket to cancel/lose)

Good luck finding your car. I know I love mine.

Originally Posted by Rocket1991
I have been to every Chicago dealer in the last 2 weeks. All these guys suck. No one wants to give a good price. The best offer so far was $700 above invoice for G35x/Nav/Premium/Tech and that dealer told me that i would have to wait about 2 month to get it in my color. No one seems to want to go down in price, the average is about $500/$1000 off MSRP. I refuse to pay that much above invoice. I am running out of dealerships

Old 04-14-2007 | 01:30 PM
Do you mind telling me which dealer it was? Also if you know the salesman, please let me know either on here or through PM. Thanks.
It was Grubbs. I don't remember the saleman's name, I dealt with him only on the phone. He fedex'ed all the paperwork back and forth. The car was shipped on a flatbed to my driveway.

Old 04-14-2007 | 01:55 PM
Originally Posted by Rocket1991
700 over invoice is a great price. If you can't afford that, maybe you should consider another brand.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: Official 2007 Infiniti G35 Negotiated Deal Thread