G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

2008 G35 Changes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 10:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, so I am completely confused...

If the sports package for the X is only cosmetic, I would assume that the sports package for the Journey would be cosmetic only. And, of course that means that for all intents and purposes there is no true replacement for the 2007 S 5AT (since it doesn't have the brakes and LSD or sports seats? paddle shifters?).

That sucks on both accounts. Personally, I could care less about the cosmetic parts (the base, Journey and X front end says "G" more than the Sports front end but I wouldn't complain about the side sills). I want the "go fast" parts.

Last edited by QuoVadimus; 07-15-2007 at 10:47 PM.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:18 AM
Originally Posted by jgarner
That's right. I just ordered the 2008 this week. You have to get the Journey and then add the sport package if you want an automatic.
Do you have any pricing info that you can share with us as far as any increases?

Old 07-16-2007, 11:18 AM
Originally Posted by QuoVadimus
Ok, so I am completely confused...

If the sports package for the X is only cosmetic, I would assume that the sports package for the Journey would be cosmetic only. And, of course that means that for all intents and purposes there is no true replacement for the 2007 S 5AT (since it doesn't have the brakes and LSD or sports seats? paddle shifters?).

That sucks on both accounts. Personally, I could care less about the cosmetic parts (the base, Journey and X front end says "G" more than the Sports front end but I wouldn't complain about the side sills). I want the "go fast" parts.
We are talking about Canada, so i am not sure what is going on in the US, since we dont have a journey package at all in Canada. If it is something that you really want to purchase, i would suggest going to you dealer cause they have all the info on the 08s now and you can find out what is your own country.

Old 07-16-2007, 12:07 PM
I'm lost. What does the USDM Sport Pkg. for the Automatic Journey models include?

Is it just cosmetic or does it still include all the go fast goodies (suspension, paddle shifter, bigger brakes)

Old 07-16-2007, 05:26 PM
I just changed my order from an 07 to an 08,
evidently now you cant get the graphite interior with IP exterior.

So you guys with IP on graphite have a rare combo now.

I'm not too disapointed as the stone interior at least still has the black dash, and I've seen some pics where a guy used black floor mats with stone interior and I thought it looked pretty cool.

Old 07-16-2007, 05:32 PM
Originally Posted by redline9001
We are talking about Canada, so i am not sure what is going on in the US, since we dont have a journey package at all in Canada. If it is something that you really want to purchase, i would suggest going to you dealer cause they have all the info on the 08s now and you can find out what is your own country.
Yeah, I just wonder if it is going to be the same for the U.S. I have an 07 x on order and except for the iPod, which would be nice but doesn't help me with an iPod Shuffle, there isn't too much that I see that is worth not getting the 07 markdowns.

Yeah, 18s, side sills and sport seats would be nice, but what I really want on the x is the paddle shifters, lsd, and bigger brakes.

Old 07-16-2007, 11:02 PM
So does anyone know if the 08's will come with updated transmission?
either an updated 5sp or a 6sp auto?

Does the navigation package increase in cost?

-E

Old 07-17-2007, 01:44 AM
I'm pretty close to ordering an 08 myself. I don't mind that you now have to add the sports package to the automatic journey, but it better have the paddle shifters, the sports seats, and most important the larger brakes. My dealer is still trying to push the 07, so I have no confidence in them to tell me about the brakes. Can anyone here confirm that the sports package added to the journey will still get the larger brakes?

Also, I,m very dissapointed if you no longer can get the graphite interior with the Ivory Pearl. That is my #1 color combo, and if I have to settle I need a really good price for the car. Otherwise I might as well just get something else that I can get exactly what I want.

This new G35 is a great car. I love the style, loved the power, handling, and drivers feel, but I hate to settle for 2nd or 3rd color/combo choices.

Old 07-17-2007, 11:39 AM
Originally Posted by CK6Speed
I'm pretty close to ordering an 08 myself. I don't mind that you now have to add the sports package to the automatic journey, but it better have the paddle shifters, the sports seats, and most important the larger brakes. My dealer is still trying to push the 07, so I have no confidence in them to tell me about the brakes. Can anyone here confirm that the sports package added to the journey will still get the larger brakes?

Also, I,m very dissapointed if you no longer can get the graphite interior with the Ivory Pearl. That is my #1 color combo, and if I have to settle I need a really good price for the car. Otherwise I might as well just get something else that I can get exactly what I want.

This new G35 is a great car. I love the style, loved the power, handling, and drivers feel, but I hate to settle for 2nd or 3rd color/combo choices.
I actually thoguht you couldnt have IP/graphite because my 06 didnt come this way... I checked the infiniti site the other day and it turns out that you can have IP/graphite. White is my fav color on cars but for some reason the new G in white doesnt do it for me as much as other cars. Still looks great though.

Old 07-17-2007, 12:35 PM
Originally Posted by logik05se
I actually thoguht you couldnt have IP/graphite because my 06 didnt come this way... I checked the infiniti site the other day and it turns out that you can have IP/graphite. White is my fav color on cars but for some reason the new G in white doesnt do it for me as much as other cars. Still looks great though.

According to my dealer anyway, you can't get that combo in 08, only 07. I have not heard this elsewere though to verify.

Old 07-17-2007, 11:24 PM
Originally Posted by PR G35S
I'm lost. What does the USDM Sport Pkg. for the Automatic Journey models include?

Is it just cosmetic or does it still include all the go fast goodies (suspension, paddle shifter, bigger brakes)
I'd have to look it up again but it comes with the paddle shifters, bigger brakes, sport seats, and so on. It is also cosmtic on the outside to make it into a sport.

Old 07-18-2007, 05:12 AM
I'd have to look it up again but it comes with the paddle shifters, bigger brakes, sport seats, and so on. It is also cosmtic on the outside to make it into a sport.
That is good to know. So basically you just lose the little red S badge than right? At least now the only thing I'm disappointed in is not being able to get Graphite interior with IP.

Last edited by CK6Speed; 07-18-2007 at 07:49 PM.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:20 AM
So...

The Sport package which covers all the features on the G35S will be an alone option for the Journey and X models next model year?

One cannot get... the 6-speed stick on the Sport Package-equipped models anymore?

If so equipped, there will still be no S badge but essentially everything else is the same?

Old 07-18-2007, 10:09 AM
Originally Posted by EasternG35S
So...

The Sport package which covers all the features on the G35S will be an alone option for the Journey and X models next model year?

One cannot get... the 6-speed stick on the Sport Package-equipped models anymore?

If so equipped, there will still be no S badge but essentially everything else is the same?
In 08 the only true "G35S" you can get will have a 6MT.

If you want an automatic sport, you would get the journey or x and add a "sport package"

Old 07-18-2007, 10:43 AM
Thanks for your explanation.

William

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2008 G35 Changes