G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Shame on Infiniti? .for bad TPMS design.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 07:12 AM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by GEE35FX
^^I thought this was a thread on tire pressure sensors

So continuing offtopic AWD FTW with winters beats all .

I agree with Shane, it's a no brainer, if you want the safest and the best GET WINTERS, no matter what you have .

Here is a thread I posted a while ago telling why winter tires are necessary on all vehicles, it has some good videos included.
Very good reading and viewing, worthwhile checking out.
Go Here: Why Winter Tires are Necessary
Sorry Shane, I did not notice you posted a link to the post earlier.
LOL.

Those were good videos that demonstrated in a very straightforward way the advantage of snows on slippery / snowy surfaces. A vehicle with all seasons will never be as safe as one with snows. No matter how much someone wants to argue AWD versus RWD.

Old 11-19-2009, 03:31 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by GEE35FX
^^I thought this was a thread on tire pressure sensors

So continuing offtopic AWD FTW with winters beats all .

The original poster made the point that All Seasons may be acceptable for his winters on a AWD versus the requirement to have Snows on a RWD based on what appears to be the requirement of having a manual transmission. Snows have two advantages for snow. Tread pattern optimized for Snow conditions and tire compound for colder temps. Winter conditions however in other areas may change the tread pattern to very similar to what all seasons may offer while requiring a winter tire compound. In my area all seasons on an AWD is probably much better than snows on an AWD for all but maybe two weeks. The reason is that most days it will either be dry or wet and temps will be above 0 degrees F.

I got around easily with All seasons last year while many others were stuck in the same areas with Snows, the big difference being AWD. With snows I could have towed the others. When I looked at Blizzaks the other day one thing I liked was not how good they may be in the snow but how well they will resist hydroplaning which probably is as important in this area even during the few weeks of snow conditions since that is actually an issue during many of those days. They look like they would be good for that as well. The tire compound however may require an earlier change than necessary based on conditions versus tread pattern.

Old 11-26-2009, 02:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just found this thought it was interesting since they compared the G sedan with all season vs winter tires. It was't AWD it was the RWD version.

Check out the braking from 30-0 or 60-0 on winter tires on dry road or even wet.

http://www.caranddriver.com/features...ice_xi2_page_7