G35Driver Feedback & Suggestions NO Car Questions! For posting Feedback, Suggestions or Questions regarding G35Driver website ONLY.
View Poll Results: Forum post-IB acquisition
Better
5.00%
Worse
92.50%
Same
2.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Opinion of the site Post IB Acquisition

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 12:01 AM
SEC > Big 12
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
nope all me....an IB staffer made a comment that there wasn't a lot of negative feedback around performance and things. My thought was that people just got tired and either left or didn't think it was worth their time/effort to chime in.

My hope is that someone higher up @ IB will actually realize they are in effect, killing their own business. Their greed has left them in a position where they don't really listen to members. Those members, are what advertisers want to get to....no members = no advertisers = no revenue = no profit = no more business.

It's not rocket science, but their higher ups don't really seem to get it.

I'm just hoping this stays around long enough that others chime in before one of the IB mods bans me, even though I'm technically not violating any of the forum rules.

we'll just have to wait and see how long it lasts

Old 11-12-2010, 12:02 AM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
Thanks for the clarification.

Old 11-12-2010, 12:11 AM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
Originally Posted by kernel
that's actually pre-IB. In fact, until about a year ago (well after the acquisition) only premier members had avatars. At least now everyone can have one of the generic ones that are on the site. That was actually the work of the staff here pushing for it though.
Sorry, I don't quite understand that last bit... was the staff pushing for allowing the "generic" avatars, or for the disallowing of avatars for non-premier members

Either way though, the "generic" avatars SUCK (The least we could do is have a G coupe and sedan in each color, it is after all a G forum )
And I can't see any valid reason to limit that to premiere members other than just trying to make money selling premiere memberships

I understand the chance that people will make "questionable" avatars (NSFW, political, advertising, etc...) and limiting that ability to premiere members would make such easier to control, however I've still seen avatars abused by premium members PLENTY of times. Plus, when people have a premiere membership, they feel because they've paid something, that gives them more of a "right" to do what they please without being subject to moderation

If the latter was the root of that particular decision, there are better ways of screening out avatars than that.

Sorry, I didn't mean to go quite that far OT

Old 11-12-2010, 12:16 AM
? = 2B || !2B

Originally Posted by kernel
nope all me....an IB staffer made a comment that there wasn't a lot of negative feedback around performance and things.
WHAT?!??!?!? Are they blind????

There have been plenty of threads griping about performance issues!

I think you're right though. I think a lot of us just gave up griping about issues because nothing ever came of it.
If you gripe, complain, gripe, complain and gripe some more and it just falls on deaf ears, you just start to give up and figure it's never gonna be any better

Old 11-12-2010, 12:35 AM
SEC > Big 12
Originally Posted by NFSP G35
Sorry, I don't quite understand that last bit... was the staff pushing for allowing the "generic" avatars, or for the disallowing of avatars for non-premier members

Either way though, the "generic" avatars SUCK (The least we could do is have a G coupe and sedan in each color, it is after all a G forum )
And I can't see any valid reason to limit that to premiere members other than just trying to make money selling premiere memberships
pushing for generic avatars.

Yes, they do suck. Even my350 had generic ones for the G and Z, but we didn't have that here for years.

I've never heard an argument made here around the reason being about the moderation of the avatars.

WHAT?!??!?!? Are they blind????
and def

Old 11-12-2010, 01:47 AM
? = 2B || !2B

Oh my, that's interesting....

My profile page seems to have suddenly become very popular... and.... shall we say, "colorful"

Old 11-12-2010, 01:53 AM
Mr.202?

Received 205 Likes on 163 Posts
damn no, my stalking of your page came out public!

Old 11-12-2010, 02:50 AM
Wings Nation

Received 626 Likes on 456 Posts
with the exception of the marketplace, i can't honestly say the forum is appreciably worse now than when i started lurking in late 2006 / joined in feb 2007. yes, people complain about the quality of users / threads going downhill, but that was the gripe 4 years ago as well. as long as i can still search for info (btw, the search function got A LOT better), bump all of Marcus' threads, and yell at booger and immensamind in the politics forum (oh wait) then i'm ok with the site. just bring back the old marketplace format ASAP!

Old 11-12-2010, 03:36 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
Pretty much my only gripe is that someone like myself gets charged just as much as riverside infiniti for a sponsorship. I think it's quite BS!!!!

Old 11-12-2010, 03:50 AM
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
I dont know when the change in owners came around, but i wont be renewing my membership. Theres nothing worth having a premier membership on this site for anymore. It used to be to support the community. Or for the anything goes section. Last time i checked there was like 6 threads in the AG section. Now its just a glorified **** section.

Old 11-12-2010, 05:43 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
"Uhh.. dear Mr. President
What's happenin?
I'm writin to you because, s^&t is still real f@&ked up in my neighborhood
Pretty much the same way, right around the time when you got elected
Ain't nothin changed
All the promises you made, before you got elected..
.. they ain't came true"

yeea still waitin on changes...marketplace is better tho
everything else kinda went downhill, especially for premium members, WHAT'S IN IT FOR US??

Old 11-12-2010, 07:44 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,037 Likes on 610 Posts
Well, I pretty much limit myself to the A/V forum these days. I'd love to have mod powers in there, to be able to combine some of the old stickies that aren't maintained, fix broken images, that sort of thing. When a sticky is 80 pages long, you can't expect any newcomers to read the whole thing, and since the "owner" of the sticky no longer maintains it, it becomes old and, at worse, wrong information as the time passes.

The new marketplace is definitely a downgrade.

I'm ok with the pay-for avatar thing, really, but what kills me is the keyword ads that I still get as a paying member. This reason alone is enough for me to not renew.

Old 11-12-2010, 07:55 AM
? = 2B || !2B

^You know those are easy to turn off, right?

Old 11-12-2010, 08:15 AM
SEC > Big 12
Originally Posted by Project
I dont know when the change in owners came around, but i wont be renewing my membership. Theres nothing worth having a premier membership on this site for anymore. It used to be to support the community. Or for the anything goes section. Last time i checked there was like 6 threads in the AG section. Now its just a glorified **** section.
It's always been that way...the only difference is now there isn't many new posts.

Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
I'm ok with the pay-for avatar thing, really, but what kills me is the keyword ads that I still get as a paying member. This reason alone is enough for me to not renew.
I completely agree with this one. I was pissed when I noticed they added the keyword ads for premier members. If you're paying in any way (premier, sponsor, etc.) you shouldn't have to deal with that crap. The in post ads was the original reason I became a premier member.
IB has gotten better at it from their side. I've always got the newest version of adblock, but it's like as soon as they figure out how to block it again, IB figures out how to stop them so I still see all the crap.

Old 11-12-2010, 08:26 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,037 Likes on 610 Posts
Yes, I'm fully aware, but I'm not always on a PC that I am free to install extensions on, and that is ignoring the fact that I shouldn't have to.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Opinion of the site Post IB Acquisition