G35Driver Feedback & Suggestions NO Car Questions! For posting Feedback, Suggestions or Questions regarding G35Driver website ONLY.
View Poll Results: Forum post-IB acquisition
Better
5.00%
Worse
92.50%
Same
2.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Opinion of the site Post IB Acquisition

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 02:00 PM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
Ah geez. We just lost another

Old 11-14-2010, 02:02 PM
Hold The Line

Received 622 Likes on 406 Posts
Who?

Old 11-14-2010, 02:05 PM
? = 2B || !2B

Msedanman

Old 11-14-2010, 02:11 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
Originally Posted by G35 Mass
Honestly, I think a lot of it has to do with the moderation. It's driven me away more than once, and I surely don't bother making new DIYs or posting and helping in any of the technical forums anymore because I just couldn't care any less about contributing positively to the forum after having my boots pissed on several times.

I hang around here still, yes. But I spend my time contributing to forums run by people who appreciate it, not forget about it in light of a hyper-technical rule violation.

Enough is enough. This is an online forum, not a President's Cabinet.
100% Agree. I have been called out by the Mods twice for the littlest ****.

I will also never by PM again. Def not worth it. I do support this forum, it has so much to offer those that are new to the G, but as others have said...

Also, I have joined several forums lately that are running Vbulletin and they are much nicer to use. Like the XDtalk.com forums. You can copy a page out of an article and past it into your post and it will be there with all the hyperlinks intact, all the HTML formatting intact. Pictures intact. You have a huge amount of space for sigs and avatars. Just a much better way to do it. I have seen nothing good come from IB buying this.

Last edited by Texasscout; 11-14-2010 at 02:26 PM.
Old 11-14-2010, 04:40 PM
Wings Nation

Received 625 Likes on 456 Posts
Originally Posted by HomieG35
Speaking of, don't forget that when the forum switched a lot of the those really juicy informational DIY threads and walk throughs lost their pictures and were never updated or fixed (I think we were told they would reappear, but that was so long ago). Ya know, where the pictures turned into nothing but weird colors running all together. I'd never seen that happen before on a forum, in a time where saving vasts amount of data and transferring it to different servers was not that big of a deal.
i have to agree on this. we b!tch at new folks for not searching, but some of the most informational threads are useless without pictures. i doubt much can or will be done about this though

Old 11-14-2010, 05:02 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
And that's why I don't rag on Newbs for not searching. The search function here is a joke. I just help them out.

Old 11-14-2010, 06:23 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by HomieG35
Speaking of, don't forget that when the forum switched a lot of the those really juicy informational DIY threads and walk throughs lost their pictures and were never updated or fixed (I think we were told they would reappear, but that was so long ago). Ya know, where the pictures turned into nothing but weird colors running all together. I'd never seen that happen before on a forum, in a time where saving vasts amount of data and transferring it to different servers was not that big of a deal.
FWIW, that was done when Kyle was still around.
It happened after a vBul upgrade that didn't go well.
Those pics were corrupted and not recoverable.

It was too bad because we lost a ton of good info.

Old 11-14-2010, 06:48 PM
Hold The Line

Received 622 Likes on 406 Posts
I've also been wanting to organize a specific all key-topic thread. I've seen this on other forums that keep away all the repeating threads but I've seen stickies with less info get overtaken by mods and gets full of clutter.

How does one go about becoming a mod anyway?

Old 11-14-2010, 06:56 PM
XiN
Supersonic... Hypertonic

Received 430 Likes on 278 Posts
Itasha Coupe
To follow up on Tian's question... who are the mods / admins / staff now? Seems like I've already seen 3 people step down.

Kernel, Intgr8r, and Msedanman.

Old 11-14-2010, 07:01 PM
SEC > Big 12
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Only admins now (other than IB people) are Garnet Canuck, GeoBau, and Gordgee.

We have far more mods/supermods that I care to list...if you're really interested, you can always go to this page:
https://g35driver.com/forums/showgroups.php

That said, the vast majority aren't really active. So to everyone that has posted up about too many mods, yes technically there are far more than any site would need, but that's because no one has taken the time to go through and remove non-active mods. Hell, Trey's Wife hasn't logged in for more than a year and she's technically still a mod.

With regard to how they're added, it's done when the staff determines there is a need. Kuneff was recently added to help out with the coupe section.

One of the other reasons I stepped down was to open up a spot for someone who would be more active. I was originally moderating the coupe section, and after mine was totaled I wasn't very active in that section. I still did stuff here and there when I saw something, but I wouldn't really consider myself active in a lot of sections.

Last edited by kernel; 11-14-2010 at 07:09 PM.
Old 11-14-2010, 07:22 PM
XiN
Supersonic... Hypertonic

Received 430 Likes on 278 Posts
Itasha Coupe
Originally Posted by kernel
Only admins now (other than IB people) are Garnet Canuck, GeoBau, and Gordgee.

We have far more mods/supermods that I care to list...if you're really interested, you can always go to this page:
https://g35driver.com/forums/showgroups.php
Thanks for replying, Kernel. I have seen this list before and that was going to lead into my next question about who was still active among the community and who isn't. But you clarified it for me in your entire post, and for that, I thank you.

Good luck on what you're trying to establish here and when you decide to move on to other things. I haven't been on this forum for very long so I know my opinion isn't really worth much.

Old 11-14-2010, 08:25 PM
? = 2B || !2B

Why is Danny (thescreensavers) in the mod list, but his username is black

Old 11-14-2010, 09:43 PM
SEC > Big 12
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
^ he's just a mod for their club forum. Basically, he was given mod rights for that section, but no one changed his "primary group" which is what effects how your name appears.

Old 11-14-2010, 10:09 PM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
I feel that this forum was a LOT more active when I first joined back in 05-06. I was young, dumb, and whatever. Took a little Hiatus, but came back at the beginning of 07. Even in 07, the forum seemed a LOT more active. As others were saying, the lounge was booming, and there were hundreds of posts per day. It was UNBELIEVABLE compared to the forum of today which seems to be dying slowly. I have seen some awesome people from the past leave slowly over time, (even met a few of them in person) and it really does sadden me a little. Most oldbies (as I call them) have dumped their Premier Memberships and just aren't very active anymore. It is the same with the administrators. Msedanman and Intrg8er are a couple of those admins that have been on here for YEARS and to watch them suddenly disappear makes me feel... a little sad I guess. Almost like losing someone important and watching the forum change before my eyes.

I guess thats just how things go, but it is definitely sad to see and my opinion of how this forum is going is pretty much explained in the above paragraph. I'll still be around, but once I get my new car, I'll definitely be exploring the newer forums for the 2nd gen cars and seeing how those are and HOPEFULLY get back in touch with those that have left over time.

Just my 2 cents I guess.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Opinion of the site Post IB Acquisition