G35Driver Feedback & Suggestions NO Car Questions! For posting Feedback, Suggestions or Questions regarding G35Driver website ONLY.
View Poll Results: Forum post-IB acquisition
Better
5.00%
Worse
92.50%
Same
2.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Opinion of the site Post IB Acquisition

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 08:35 AM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
Originally Posted by kernel
It's always been that way...the only difference is now there isn't many new posts.

I completely agree with this one. I was pissed when I noticed they added the keyword ads for premier members. If you're paying in any way (premier, sponsor, etc.) you shouldn't have to deal with that crap. The in post ads was the original reason I became a premier member.

IB has gotten better at it from their side. I've always got the newest version of adblock, but it's like as soon as they figure out how to block it again, IB figures out how to stop them so I still see all the crap.
My ABP works like a charm. Maybe you're not subscribed to the right "filter" try fanboy's list.

Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
Yes, I'm fully aware, but I'm not always on a PC that I am free to install extensions on, and that is ignoring the fact that I shouldn't have to.
Yes, I absolutely agree that you shouldn't HAVE to turn off ads because premiere members should NOT get the same amount of advertising (actually, they should get none, other than maybe from vendors on the site IMO)

But apart from that, you don't have to have AdBlock to turn off the in-text ads. Just click the ? button on one of them, and then it's the tab all the way on the right (can't remember what it's labeled) and from there you can disable them.
It just uses a cookie, so you should be ok, unless your browser has some really strict settings on cookies.

Old 11-12-2010, 08:54 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
Originally Posted by NFSP G35
It just uses a cookie, so you should be ok, unless your browser has some really strict settings on cookies.
*which it does.

Old 11-12-2010, 12:14 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
When a sticky is 80 pages long, you can't expect any newcomers to read the whole thing, and since the "owner" of the sticky no longer maintains it, it becomes old and, at worse, wrong information as the time passes.
its that way across the board (not just AV section)... I've stopped trying to clear misconceptions in the performance threads (it would take hours to keep the bad info from infiltrating)... I just let people run crappy setups if they arent willing to research the solid info that does exist (albeit mostly from old threads). I just chuckle to myself when they start posting about how (fill in the blank) added (fill in the blank) amount of power/braking/handling. Or worse yet, when they post about stuff they've read and repeat it as first hand knowledge (and get critical info wrong).

Old 11-12-2010, 12:55 PM
Received 169 Likes on 114 Posts
Originally Posted by G35 Mass
Honestly, I think a lot of it has to do with the moderation. It's driven me away more than once, and I surely don't bother making new DIYs or posting and helping in any of the technical forums anymore because I just couldn't care any less about contributing positively to the forum after having my boots pissed on several times.

I hang around here still, yes. But I spend my time contributing to forums run by people who appreciate it, not forget about it in light of a hyper-technical rule violation.

Enough is enough. This is an online forum, not a President's Cabinet.
Amen.

Old 11-12-2010, 01:43 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
Originally Posted by OCG35
its that way across the board (not just AV section)... I've stopped trying to clear misconceptions in the performance threads (it would take hours to keep the bad info from infiltrating)... I just let people run crappy setups if they arent willing to research the solid info that does exist (albeit mostly from old threads). I just chuckle to myself when they start posting about how (fill in the blank) added (fill in the blank) amount of power/braking/handling. Or worse yet, when they post about stuff they've read and repeat it as first hand knowledge (and get critical info wrong).
Two things make a good board, one is good content, which I believe is here, the other is lack of bad content.

I just wish I could take a broom through some of the old stickies in the AV forum, link to good DIYs in the all-but-forgotten DIY forums...

I know there's people who would like to do the same in other forums, but it seems that all we have are police enforcing board rules, but nobody's enforcing content standards. If somebody puts out blatantly false information (not just a differing opinion) it needs to get deleted, or marked as bad advice by those in the forums that have proven themselves knowledgeable in an area.

Old 11-12-2010, 02:00 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
The board is what you make it. As far as stickies that have technical info, it should be posted and locked. Then if there is correct tech info to be added, a mod should be asked to add info.

If you have a question about that thread, make a thread about it and refer to it. That way the idiot comments clutter up the new thread and not the sticky thread.

Old 11-12-2010, 03:59 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
the site has gotten far worse in my 6+ years on here.

one of the things is over moderation, seems like everyone is a mod now a days. There are more threads/post deleted on this forum than the other 6 forums i visit combined. And trust me, the stuff posted in the other forums is far worse.

Not sure if this is due to IB or not, but it gets worse and worse. to the point where i dont care to come on here anymore, i just visit the OT section cause at times there is funny stuff there, like water you doing?

Old 11-12-2010, 04:03 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
I think the moderation levels are just fine. There are also alot more idiots posting as the membership levels increase and the cost of used Gs decrease.

Before, the humour was intelligent, thought out. Now it's *****, dicks and crass remarks. No one likes that

Old 11-12-2010, 05:19 PM
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
I just think we need more mods handling these topics that have been beat to death. One guy has 15 threads on this site and only posted 30 times. I mean enough is enough. Start deleting this kind of stuff already. Thats what leads to the members not wanting to help others with knowledge and also leads to bashing which gives this site a bad name. Can we add a pm about searching when they sign up for the sight along with the welcome pm?

Old 11-12-2010, 05:59 PM
Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts
I miss the good ole days when G35Mass was posting on the reg and I thought he was some weirdo for having men in underwear in his avatar.

Bad:

Marketplace setup
Certain vendors spamming the boards
Still no homepage with news or whatever

Good

The sedan section is as strong as ever but thats not IB's doing.

Bottom line is most of the entertaining people are long gone. I dont bother with the Lounge cause its kinda boring now. LOLs are at my350z.

Old 11-12-2010, 06:54 PM
SEC > Big 12
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
^ AMEN on the homepage. It's crap that we don't have one. At the time they said it couldn't work and there were some technical limitations....well that was BULLSH!T, my350 and other sites from the acquisition still have it now and they have been updated.

Old 11-13-2010, 02:02 PM
SEC > Big 12
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
seeing how this will probably be my last post (ban hammer is coming soon) I'll keep this short and sweet:

My objective here was to get IB to give us the same treatment as my350 and myG37. They've failed to do so, and ignored countless requests to improve things here.

All good things must come to an end, so I bid you adieu.

-kernel

Old 11-13-2010, 09:35 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by HomieG35
Not buying the whole "alumni" thing either. What's the point? To show you were something once upon a time? Still be involved in the drama behind the scenes. Once you've been red or blue it's not acceptable to be "regular" again?

You might not "buy" the whole Alumni thing......but that's probably because you don't know what it's about or why it was created. The Alumni was created merely to show gratitude for the ex Staff members of Driver that have dedicated countless hours of their time to this forum. As a regular member, I am not sure you are aware of the countless hours Staff spend here Moderating posts, moving posts, replying to PMs, creating forum structure, etc........all for free on their OWN time. This was a way to thank some of the members for their contribution to the forum that are no longer Staff here. This is a bad thing because why??????

Also, I am not even sure that this statement even means......care to elaborate?

I think mods also don't need to be friends and friends of friends.

Old 11-13-2010, 10:32 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
^^^ I'm sure it's not worth the frustration... let's not let this thread become a battleground.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Opinion of the site Post IB Acquisition