G35Driver Feedback & Suggestions NO Car Questions! For posting Feedback, Suggestions or Questions regarding G35Driver website ONLY.
View Poll Results: Forum post-IB acquisition
Better
5.00%
Worse
92.50%
Same
2.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Opinion of the site Post IB Acquisition

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 10:40 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by NFSP G35
^Oh ok.
I know what you're talking about, because on my car club's forum, I'm one of two "site admins" (Basically Admin accounts as far as the forum software is concerned) but also one of the "club admins" (People who actually make decisions in the club) and my username was showing up in the wrong color because the software put my primary group as "admin" instead of "club admin"
The funny thing is, in the process of trying to switch it over, I deleted my own admin privileges and I had to IM the other admin to fix it because I locked myself out.... it's like the same feeling you get when you lock your keys in the car
^^^ do you have ADD?.... you just took you're own post of a post off topic

Old 11-14-2010, 10:56 PM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
^Yes, sorry

I can't comment about the site before I was here (obviously) but I have noticed it's slowed down a LOT just in the past week or so.
The other day, I actually thought I had been banned sometime in the middle of the night, because the next morning I had ZERO email notifications, and that's never happened before... turns out, the forum had been just that dead

To see a forum change over a long span of time (or if one changes hands, as this one has) isn't surprising, but the recent... and I mean VERY recent drop in activity is very unusual and disconcerting

Old 11-14-2010, 11:15 PM
Hold The Line

Received 622 Likes on 406 Posts
Originally Posted by kernel
Only admins now (other than IB people) are Garnet Canuck, GeoBau, and Gordgee.

We have far more mods/supermods that I care to list...if you're really interested, you can always go to this page:
https://g35driver.com/forums/showgroups.php

That said, the vast majority aren't really active. So to everyone that has posted up about too many mods, yes technically there are far more than any site would need, but that's because no one has taken the time to go through and remove non-active mods. Hell, Trey's Wife hasn't logged in for more than a year and she's technically still a mod.

With regard to how they're added, it's done when the staff determines there is a need. Kuneff was recently added to help out with the coupe section.

One of the other reasons I stepped down was to open up a spot for someone who would be more active. I was originally moderating the coupe section, and after mine was totaled I wasn't very active in that section. I still did stuff here and there when I saw something, but I wouldn't really consider myself active in a lot of sections.
Why not get rid of the non-active mods? Rather pointless, no? More then half, if not close to it, are not active at all.

Who determines who's qualified to be a mod?

Old 11-14-2010, 11:18 PM
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
As long as the vendors pay their fees to IB. That's all that matters to IB really.

Old 11-14-2010, 11:21 PM
SEC > Big 12
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Tian
Why not get rid of the non-active mods? Rather pointless, no? More then half, if not close to it, are not active at all.

Who determines who's qualified to be a mod?
Not my call....it's been discussed numerous times from what I remember, and a few were moved to alum, but no real all encompassing cleanup effort.

It generally starts with the admins, but anyone on the staff could suggest one. It's usually someone who is active in the section that needs a new mod. I think there have been a few scenarios where someone asked to become a mod, and after the staff discussed it, the admins made it happen.

Old 11-14-2010, 11:24 PM
SEC > Big 12
Originally Posted by HomieG35
Did you get my PM, btw?
nope

Old 11-14-2010, 11:32 PM
SEC > Big 12
my bad....I missed his name in the post. I just saw the quote you had from me and thought that was directed @ me.

Old 11-15-2010, 06:07 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,037 Likes on 610 Posts
Lightbulb

It generally starts with the admins, but anyone on the staff could suggest one. It's usually someone who is active in the section that needs a new mod. I think there have been a few scenarios where someone asked to become a mod, and after the staff discussed it, the admins made it happen.
So as far as "active" in the section:
Last posts in the A/V Forum by its Mods:
Skyline_GT: 10/20/2007
Skaterbasist: 6/3/2009
ttrank: 4/13/2010
waijai: 7/5/2010
GreenGoblin: 8/31/2010

Old 11-15-2010, 08:17 AM
SEC > Big 12
See the word usually?

Plus, you're looking at last post. Just because they're not posting in that section any more doesn't mean they're not moderating it. When I was actually an active mod, there were sections I read and moderated that I never posted in.

I can't say that's the case with AV since I haven't actually spent time in there in a long time, that could be a section that needs attention. Before adding a new mod, they usually try to get existing ones to start looking after it, but that doesn't always work....and we're now officially way off topic.

Old 11-15-2010, 09:07 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
So as far as "active" in the section:
Last posts in the A/V Forum by its Mods:
Skyline_GT: 10/20/2007
Skaterbasist: 6/3/2009
ttrank: 4/13/2010
waijai: 7/5/2010
GreenGoblin: 8/31/2010

FWIW...Being active is not synonymous to posting.

There is an activity log that records members' actions. Admins use these logs to see how active Moderators are and where they are active. And by active I mean how often they moderate. For example, a Mod doesn't have to post in the forum to moderate it (move threads, clean up posts/spam, delete duplicate threads, etc.).

Just because a Mod hasn't posted in a forum in some time doesn't mean he/she doesn't moderate that forum.

Edit: oops, kernel covered it. Damn posting from my iPhone and not refreshing the page before I post!

Old 11-15-2010, 09:16 PM
SEC > Big 12
Originally Posted by Calvin
Edit: oops, kernel covered it. Damn posting from my iPhone and not refreshing the page before I post!
Missing a post from 12 hours ago isn't a refresh issue

Old 11-15-2010, 09:29 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
Missing a post from 12 hours ago isn't a refresh issue
Are you saying I had a deet dee dee moment?

FWIW, I think people took (or take, rather) this forum too seriously - both Staff and regular members. Somewhere along the lines we forgot that this is just an internet forum - it was supposed to be about the car. It was supposed to be fun.

Anyway, I don't think there's any one single factor that caused the demise of 'Driver. It's unfortunate that we've come to this, but that doesn't mean 'Driver can't take a turn for the better.

Old 11-17-2010, 07:53 PM
Hold The Line

Received 622 Likes on 406 Posts
Bump. Seems like this thread is getting lost in the suggestion/feedback sec. Even then, I'm sure nothing will come about this thread. The people no longer matter. This though will eventually catch up with them down the long run

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Opinion of the site Post IB Acquisition