G37 V36 Sedan 2009 + Discussion about the G37 Sedan

A totaled G37 with 4 dead

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2018, 12:48 PM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
A totaled G37 with 4 dead

Four Ocean County men dead in Toms River accident on Garden State Parkway

https://www.app.com/story/news/local...412997002/TOMS RIVER -- Four men from Ocean County, including two brothers, were killed when their vehicle slammed into the back of a tanker truck on the Garden State Parkway overnight Wednesday, police said.The post-Christmas Day collision between the tanker and a white Infiniti G37 sedan occurred shortly before 3 a.m. on the southbound lane at mile marker 81.5, according to a Facebook post from New Jersey State Police.

UPDATE: Lakewood community mourns victims of deadly Toms River accident

Police identified the dead as brothers Kevin Quispe-Prieto, 21, of Beachwood, and 23-year-old Jimmy Quispe-Prieto of Lakewood; and 24-year-old Victor Lugo and 23-year-old Robert Ordenana, also of Lakewood.Police said Kevin Quispe-Prieto was driving the Infiniti in the right lane when it struck the tanker truck. All four victims were pronounced dead at the scene. The driver of the tanker, who was not identified, sustained minor non-life-threatening injuries, police said. The tanker belonged to Taylor Oil Company, a fuel company based in Somerville.The cause of the crash remains under investigation.

The crash is the deadliest car accident in New Jersey in 2018, according to State Police data.

Were they speeding?
Were they texting?
Were they intoxicated?

Drive safely

Telcoman

Old 12-27-2018, 12:51 PM
Received 369 Likes on 337 Posts
Somehow this will end up being Trump's fault.....

Old 12-28-2018, 05:10 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
The pictures in the linked article are horrifying. The car is completely destroyed, they had to be hauling a$$ to cause that much damage. From what I could tell there weren't any skid marks and half of the car was under the tank. RIP guys, this is a terrible way for their friends and family to remember the holiday with an accident that was completely preventable.

Old 12-28-2018, 10:00 AM
Super Moderator

Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
The pictures in the linked article are horrifying. The car is completely destroyed, they had to be hauling a$$ to cause that much damage. From what I could tell there weren't any skid marks and half of the car was under the tank. RIP guys, this is a terrible way for their friends and family to remember the holiday with an accident that was completely preventable.
I posted that article because there are so many young inexperienced drivers posting on this site. Some are just plain stupid with some of the things they do with their Infinitis
Some just have no common sense

Telcoman

The following users liked this post:
Blue Dream (12-29-2018)
Old 12-28-2018, 06:26 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
There's also a lot of very experienced drivers that simply aren't aware of how little structural material is between you and the outside world when in a car. It's a mercifully thin piece of folded sheet metal that does little to protect you when you slam into things.things.

The glass provides even less protection and that's what surrounds most of the cabin.
​​​​​​

Blue Dream (12-29-2018)
Old 12-28-2018, 06:27 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Hollywood movies don't accurately portray how fragile vehicles really are, Vin Diesel would not have walked away from any of those stunt crashes if they actually happened on the street.

Old 12-28-2018, 08:03 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
Originally Posted by cleric670@gmail
Hollywood movies don't accurately portray how fragile vehicles really are, Vin Diesel would not have walked away from any of those stunt crashes if they actually happened on the street.
Absolutely. It really is amazing how much safety has improved over the years.

When people poke fingers at me for riding a bike being unsafe I just hold my tongue about how dangerous all types of crashes are, motorcycle or car.

Old 12-28-2018, 09:03 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Lol yeah it really doesn't matter, you lose your car at highway speeds you'll be phenomenally lucky to walk away from it, most people ride away in an ambulance and a few ride away in the coroners wagon. If you happen to catch a crash at just the right angle to deploy the airbags in a manner that they were designed for then it can limit you to broken arms/legs/spine/face with 2nd degree burns but they don't do jack in a roll over, don't do jack if you hit a truck that sits higher than your bumper.

4.5 million people injured bad enough that they required medical attention in 2017.

40,000 people KILLED by vehicles in 2017.

It's the biggest reason I stress to people to keep their vehicle maintained, PREVENTATIVE maintenance. Fix your brakes before they're on the squealers, change your tires BEFORE they're bald or before their 6th birthday, don't wait for those tie rod ends to break, don't wait "just one more year" to fix those struts. These things can mean the difference between injury or death when they fail at the moment you need them most.

And for gods sake don't tempt fate by driving like a jackass on public roads, sure I'm guilty as anyone but I've gotten really good over the years at just setting my cruise control and enjoying the scenery.

Old 12-29-2018, 09:40 AM
Super Moderator

Another jackass driving on public roads

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/2...alm-beach-dock

Fire-Rescue: Man drives Ferrari off Palm Beach dock

"A man drove a blue Ferrari coupe off a North End dock and into the Lake Worth Inlet early Wednesday morning, Palm Beach Fire-Rescue said, forcing the man to abandon his car as it sank 30 feet below water.The man was helped out of the water by those on a passing boat and taken back to shore, Fire-Rescue spokesman Sean Baker said, and was deemed uninjured by paramedics.Baker said officials received the call about the man driving off a dock near 1650 N. Ocean Blvd. at about 7 a.m.

“He drove off the dock and went a pretty good distance,” Baker said."

Ferrari driver apparently met his passengers just before deadly crash, police say

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/p...025-story.html

" A Ferrari speeding in a neighborhood with waterfront views in West Palm Beach struck a tree and caught fire, killing two adults and injuring a child, West Palm Beach police said.The white 2015 Ferrari California was southbound on South Flagler Drive when the crash happened at Murray Road about 6:30 p.m. Thursday night, according to police. Those killed were the car’s owner, Eric Lavelle, 41, and the front-seat passenger, Edward Miller, 46, both of West Palm Beach, police said Friday."

Stupidity is not limited to Infiniti owners

Telcoman

Old 12-29-2018, 10:54 AM
Received 98 Likes on 94 Posts
Originally Posted by telcoman
I posted that article because there are so many young inexperienced drivers posting on this site. Some are just plain stupid with some of the things they do with their Infinitis
Some just have no common sense

Telcoman
Pretty much the reason the 350z had the highest death rate for many years. Decent horsepower for a very affordable price=inexperienced driver's doing stupid ****. I guarantee you every family and friend that knew those passengers will think twice about putting a seatbelt on next time. Driving will likely be the riskiest thing you will do in a lifetime

Old 12-29-2018, 11:45 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by FreshLikeAG
Pretty much the reason the 350z had the highest death rate for many years. Decent horsepower for a very affordable price=inexperienced driver's doing stupid ****. I guarantee you every family and friend that knew those passengers will think twice about putting a seatbelt on next time. Driving will likely be the riskiest thing you will do in a lifetime
Driving with grandchildren changed my driving style. They notice everything and now that they are learning to read they read the speed limit signs and observe the traffic signals.
They automatically fasten their seat belts when getting into their car seats.
They are already smarter than some adults.

Telcoman

Old 12-29-2018, 03:11 PM
Super Moderator

More on the NJ crash

https://patch.com/new-jersey/tomsriv...-parkway-crash

"The four died when an Infiniti G37 crashed into the back of an oil tanker truck at 2:50 a.m. Wednesday at milepost 81.5 on the southbound side of the Parkway in Toms River, New Jersey State Police said.Kevin, who was driving, had bought the car after working all summer, "sometimes 6 and 7 days a week" and saving up to pay for it, according to a GoFundme established by friends and coworkers of the Quispe brothers to help pay for the funerals of all four men.On Thursday, State Police Sgt. Lawrence Peele said there were no updates on the cause of the crash, which remains under investigation. He had no information on whether blood was drawn for toxicology"

Don't drink and drive or brag how fast your car can go

Telcoman

Old 12-29-2018, 06:28 PM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
Originally Posted by cleric670@gmail
Hollywood movies don't accurately portray how fragile vehicles really are...
On the contrary, Hollywood portrays many vehicular explosions from a mere bullet.

cleric670 (12-29-2018)
Old 12-29-2018, 08:07 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Ahh good point, I forgot how easily cars explode like they were packed full of TNT.