Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

PPE Engineering LongTube Headers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 11:34 AM
Received 84 Likes on 54 Posts
check out the dyno of their 370z headers that has the step in almost the same location as SG. The drop is in almost the same area as those SG dynos.

notice the step location on the 370z headers and SG compared to mine. Actually their 370z headers are designed similair to the SG the step and merge location is different compared to mine.

http://my350z.com/forum/intake-exhau...longtubes.html

www.ppeengineering.com (search under 370z in products)

I think with our car the further back the step the later the drop occurs due to the distance the wave has to travel. SG found the right location for our car. http://thehorsepowerjunkies.com/gene...epped-headers/

Everyone of those SG setups are different, but the drop occurs between 2-3k in all of them while mine starts at 3k.

Last edited by Dsskyline; 12-20-2011 at 03:18 PM.
Old 12-21-2011, 09:26 AM
Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts
Sure. He is the intercooler I am going to be using for my car.

Name:  P1180035.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  184.1 KB

This is the bottom mounted sc location for the rotrex.

Name:  P1180044.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  177.5 KB

Other then the sc itself I am also going to be running direct port water infection. can't wait for this thing to be done. Hopefully early January.

I was gonna post some pics of the sam but looks like you found some pics already.

The following users liked this post:
Dsskyline (12-21-2011)
Old 12-21-2011, 10:08 AM
GTM is making your SC? What is the reason to bottom mount it. Looks good!! I may be interested if it performs and not as loud as a vortech.

Old 12-21-2011, 10:15 AM
Received 114 Likes on 55 Posts
I want this to be a production sc plz!!!!!! lol gabe is their an estimated power output with your awesome built block???

all this right here will determine if I go big with my block na wise.....knowing that your engine will hold will make me take the leap lol

Old 12-21-2011, 10:31 AM
Gabe what size pulley (psi) will be on your kit? What are you expecting out of this kit over the Vortech, Stillen, and HKS SCs.

I bet the HP of the Vortech, Lowend TQ of the Stillen, and near silent operation of the HKS.

Old 12-21-2011, 09:41 PM
Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by Dsskyline
GTM is making your SC? What is the reason to bottom mount it. Looks good!! I may be interested if it performs and not as loud as a vortech.
GTM is making the supercharger for me, hopefully us.

The reason for the bottom mount is to get rid of the jackshaft system found on both the HKS and Vortech kit.

I have no doubt in my mind that it will be much quieter then any of the vortech blowers. A few other platforms uses this blower and have reported excellent operation quietness.

Originally Posted by PR-G35Driver
I want this to be a production sc plz!!!!!! lol gabe is their an estimated power output with your awesome built block???

all this right here will determine if I go big with my block na wise.....knowing that your engine will hold will make me take the leap lol
Once I get it back with the SC, which is hopefully soon, i will surely let everyone know about the results and outcome. I don't expect it to be wimpy

Gabe what size pulley (psi) will be on your kit? What are you expecting out of this kit over the Vortech, Stillen, and HKS SCs.

I bet the HP of the Vortech, Lowend TQ of the Stillen, and near silent operation of the HKS.
I'm thinking on at least 9psi but it all depends on how my car takes the boost with the water, so I won't know for sure until GTM puts the car thru its pace. My overall expectation is to gain a good chunk of power everywhere while still having the car drivable on the street.

I'll contact GTM again to see if they have some more eyecandy for us

Old 12-22-2011, 10:33 AM
Originally Posted by gabe3d
GTM is making the supercharger for me, hopefully us.

The reason for the bottom mount is to get rid of the jackshaft system found on both the HKS and Vortech kit.

I have no doubt in my mind that it will be much quieter then any of the vortech blowers. A few other platforms uses this blower and have reported excellent operation quietness.

Once I get it back with the SC, which is hopefully soon, i will surely let everyone know about the results and outcome. I don't expect it to be wimpy

I'm thinking on at least 9psi but it all depends on how my car takes the boost with the water, so I won't know for sure until GTM puts the car thru its pace. My overall expectation is to gain a good chunk of power everywhere while still having the car drivable on the street.

I'll contact GTM again to see if they have some more eyecandy for us
That's good info I wonder if any issues being bottom mounted for a 5at?

Old 12-23-2011, 12:50 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by gabe3d
that rotrex blower looks incredible... supposedly the best of both worlds. i used to really want a turbo, but lately ive been leaning towards a more conventional hot rod setup: blower, nitrous, cams and gears. i hope the gtm de kit is readily available.

Old 12-28-2011, 05:19 PM
Originally Posted by skidz88
According to JWT they don't need head clearancing, it's only the C9 cams that do. Kelford would have been my second choice for cams.

Just found out my headers shipped out today as well.
Did you receive your headers yet?

Old 12-28-2011, 07:55 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Did you receive your headers yet?
Still waiting. Stupid USPS doesn't seem to update their tracking info very often. Still says the same thing since the 22nd. I'm hoping they arrive by Friday.

Old 01-05-2012, 10:18 AM
Headers are in, pics tonight

Old 01-05-2012, 06:53 PM
Headers are in, pics tonight
Nice!!! Alot of peanuts huh?

Old 01-07-2012, 08:54 AM
Nice!!! Alot of peanuts huh?
Yea, had to fish around in the box for the O2 extensions lol.

Name:  P1000006.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  51.8 KB

Old 01-07-2012, 01:09 PM
Yea, had to fish around in the box for the O2 extensions lol.

Nice!! Looks good black.

Old 01-17-2012, 09:30 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Hydrazine
I can't say for sure, but I don't think its the voltage.

Here is why.

1) 0.1V out of 5V is much too small to make that kind of a change on the curve. That's only a 2% variation of voltage.
2) The power curve delta is more than 2%.
3) Even if the TB is 2% closed, a 2% closure won't create any appreciable pressure drop across the TB valve unless the RPM's are high. But the RPM's were low.
4) The TB voltage goes to 5V at a different RPM than where the power curve shows recovery. If the power curve recovery RPM coincided with the voltage recovery RPM then it would suggest a correlation, but they don't. RPM of each event is different.
5) If you changed the TB and still get the same results, its not the TB.

Did you monitor the spark advance during the testing? If for some reason the knock sensor picked up some kind of noise it could pull back timing.

But for some reason, and I've seen the same type of effect before during my ART pipe experimentation, when I look at your power curve, it seems like its simply a signature of the acoustic resonance tuning. I did the same thing in the early stages of tuning the ART pipes. Some of my early ART pipe testing was actually much worse.

The only way to really know why you have a loss of low end TQ is to put it all back to the pre-test condition.... but I fully understand this is not something anyone would want to do unless they have lots of time and $$$ to burn.
Does anyone Tony etc, know if it's req'd to install headers with cams? I want to add JWT S1's based on Sg motorsports results. I have an 03 DE M/D 5/16 spacer HFC's and Exhaust tuned with Uprev. Would i be likely to gain the stated 15-20whp from cams only being added and tuned with Uprev?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: PPE Engineering LongTube Headers