Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

PPE Engineering LongTube Headers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 03:59 PM
Received 84 Likes on 54 Posts
How far is Vegas from you for a tune? Nice that your car is almost done.

Old 01-26-2012, 05:23 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
about 6.5 hours. ill make sure and break it in real good before i make that drive

Old 01-26-2012, 07:26 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
has anyone bought these yet that dont have cams? id love to see a dyno on a stock cam, bolt on revup car... to compare my setup to... im picking up a tdx2 in a few weeks and am wondering if i should do these at the same time or not...

Old 01-26-2012, 07:53 PM
Originally Posted by JuicinJake
has anyone bought these yet that dont have cams? id love to see a dyno on a stock cam, bolt on revup car... to compare my setup to... im picking up a tdx2 in a few weeks and am wondering if i should do these at the same time or not...
The only person I know of is skidz, but he is non-rev. Do you have pics of your nano setup? Have you tried it out yet?

Old 01-26-2012, 10:22 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
yea ive got pics on my facebook. i need to post some on on here. i havent tried it yet. i am hiding all the solenoid stuff under the batt, wiper, and master cyl covers and i needed some different length hoses to finish up. im pretty close. ive almost got my na tune (fuel only + 2 deg timing) where i want it based on street tuning... ill spray on that to get it going. but im going to austin over spring break and am going to get tuned at uprev on and off the bottle. im hoping to get 375rwhp without headers or cams on 125rwhp shot on an nx kit i put together. should be doable. if i get these headers too im sure i can get closer to 400... which would be cool... has skidz done a dyno?

Old 01-27-2012, 09:04 AM
yea ive got pics on my facebook. i need to post some on on here. i havent tried it yet. i am hiding all the solenoid stuff under the batt, wiper, and master cyl covers and i needed some different length hoses to finish up. im pretty close. ive almost got my na tune (fuel only + 2 deg timing) where i want it based on street tuning... ill spray on that to get it going. but im going to austin over spring break and am going to get tuned at uprev on and off the bottle. im hoping to get 375rwhp without headers or cams on 125rwhp shot on an nx kit i put together. should be doable. if i get these headers too im sure i can get closer to 400... which would be cool... has skidz done a dyno?
I think skidz is installing his after the winter. He has pics posted a couple of pgs back he got his in black.

Car will be moving once you get setup up and running.

I just installed the 3.7FD last night haven't tried it out yet I'm sure I will love it like the rest.

I will take another nitrous pull video when I go to the dyno next week.

My goal is to run consistent 12's N/A and mid 11's on nitrous. If I can do that no need for a SC.

Best N/A 13.1 with 257hp Best nitrous 12.3@114 with my lowend issue (floor mat)

Tracks open here end of Feb have to take advantage of the cold weather.

Old 01-27-2012, 09:54 AM
i wouldnt spray on a tune that you have added timing to, that has a pretty good chance of ending badly

Old 01-27-2012, 04:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can't wait to see the new #'s

Old 01-27-2012, 04:26 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by MikeGrote
i wouldnt spray on a tune that you have added timing to, that has a pretty good chance of ending badly
Thats what Nitrous maps are for. Uprev comes with 5 maps.

Old 01-27-2012, 04:26 PM
Originally Posted by MikeGrote
True I would use a stock map with 2* timing removed if you can't get tuned and have it removed with cipher.

Had a friend recently at the track blow his motor by spraying on a tune with advanced timing and fuel.

Old 01-27-2012, 04:28 PM
What are you tuning with?

Old 01-27-2012, 04:32 PM
Originally Posted by CLyons0203
Thats what Nitrous maps are for. Uprev comes with 5 maps.
Yes I know, I'm telling him not to spray on the map with 2* added

Old 01-27-2012, 07:54 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Yup I won't be doing anything until the spring when my car comes out of winter storage. I'll be doing cams as well though, so I doubt I'll have a dyno of these headers on stock cams.

I haven't even dynoed my car since adding nismo headers + art pipes.

The numbers in my sig are from HFCs and other boltons + osiris tune.

Old 01-27-2012, 09:19 PM
did the nismo headers add quite a bit or not?

Old 01-28-2012, 12:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
so when does production start for these? how are some DE owners getting a hold of these? any idea about fitment for revup cars?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: PPE Engineering LongTube Headers