Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Bodykits.com - BAD experience

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 06:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bodykits.com - BAD experience

If you haven't seen it, these guys have a flashy looking website suggesting that they can provide anything you want, but my experience was just the opposite.

I "bought" a front bumper from them about a month ago by ordering directly for their website and paying immediately through PayPal. When I didn't get any response, I called them and after searching around for a while, found the order. After I complained about lack of confirmation, they emailed me a copy of the invoice marked "PAID". They also told me that the bumper would arrive in about two weeks.

Well, of course two weeks went by and the bumper didn't show up. So I called to find out the status, but despite literally 50 calls over the next week, they did not answer their phone. When their phone rang, immediately a recording came on saying no one was there, call again.

Plan B was to send emails which did not work any better. I sent an email a day asking what was going on, but I might as well have sent the emails to someone in Tunisa. No response, nothing!

What's going on? Did I get ripped off?

Eventually, I tracked down another company they are affiliated with and called them. They said they would pass on the message.

Miraculously, the next time I called, they answered! (I strongly suspect that they have some caller ID technology that rejects calls from any specified number.)

The girl said that the bumper had been backordered and alas!, the manufacturer had increased the price to more than double what I paid. They demanded additional money before they would ship the bumper. Apparently their receipt was worthless in terms of them standing by their word!

I tried to file a PayPal complaint, but they refunded the money I had sent leaving me without any reasonable recourse. While I did get money back, scheduling and plans were set back over three weeks and I was back to the drawing boards trying to find another source.

I seriously doubt that they are as big as their website. My impression was that the whole operation was run by one or two people, probably out of some little suite in Los Angeles.

Wish I had know all this ahead of time. I do everything I can to avoid doing business with people who word is worthless. It has a way of being expensive!

Old 08-12-2006, 07:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wat website was it.otherwise this post is pointless

Old 08-12-2006, 07:24 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
the name of their website already tells me to stay away from them..lol

good luck finding another place to get a kit

Old 08-12-2006, 07:25 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by Driver UR G
wat website was it.otherwise this post is pointless
its in the title of the thread..

Old 08-12-2006, 07:40 PM
That sucks man =\ What kinda kit were you trying to get?

Old 08-12-2006, 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by aHero4Eternity
the name of their website already tells me to stay away from them..lol

good luck finding another place to get a kit
The problem is that I have a sedan. (Actually, it's not a problem; it's what I wanted.)

Bumper mods are hard to find for the sedan and my car (Kermit) made it very clear to me that he didn't want to look like Gurgen's car! So choices were pretty limited. But I did order from another supplier. Hope it won't lead to another post like this!!!

Old 08-12-2006, 10:42 PM
I should sure hope not. Good luck with the new order and thanks for the heads up about where NOT to buy your stuff from!

Old 08-14-2006, 07:56 PM
dont know why these vendor doing these such useless things....i had a problem import trenz (JR)
https://g35driver.com/forums/g-squad/108892-so-pissed-today-import-trenz-jr.html
just be aware....

Old 08-14-2006, 08:06 PM
Florida G35 Club
dam.. well atleast u got ur money back

Old 08-14-2006, 10:03 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by sjc1789
dam.. well atleast u got ur money back
+1 Many times you'd be lucky to get your $$ back. Count your blessings that you did get that back.

Old 08-14-2006, 11:54 PM
Premier Member

The terrible pictures of their carbon hoods alone would be enough to scare me away.

Old 08-15-2006, 12:58 AM
i didnt exact get my 1,200 back yet..still dealing with the cc company's paper work...hate those fuking all pointness things that they try to make some bucks out of buyers....

Old 08-15-2006, 09:32 AM
Of all the ways I've traded online, my best experience has been with PayPal in terms of either getting my money back or getting the item I paid for, including of course from eBay sellers. PayPal's complaint process seems reasonably successful, at least up to $1K. The nice thing about it is that time frames are pretty short in terms of response and results.

We're in a difficult spot in that we are looking for specialty items that are hard to come by. Sources are few and far between and with the internet, it's pretty hard to check out sellers ahead of time. That's where forums like this can be so helpful.

Unfortunately, anybody with a computer and a good webpage designer can look like HKS on the internet, but many of them are guys operating out of their bedroom. I read cutiewolf's link and I could really put myself in his? shoes and know that frustrated feeling. It's just tough to get much leverage on folk out in cyberspace.

Maybe we need a "bad experiences" forum where we can post about problems with sellers all in one place?

Old 08-15-2006, 11:21 PM
Originally Posted by exagorazo
Maybe we need a "bad experiences" forum where we can post about problems with sellers all in one place?
i agree , we really need a "bad exeripences forum"

Old 07-17-2009, 05:26 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Oh, i got a very similiar experience for ya from them...I will write it out after work...THEY SUK!!!!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bodykits.com - BAD experience