Notices

Door armrest/Steering wheel "peeling"...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 02:13 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
apparently this issue has been "fixed" for '08 sedans...but the paint on my trim is still chipping. do you think the dealership would still replace it?

Old 08-24-2010, 08:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lak3shor3_slat3
It WILL be replaced no questions asked. Chipping is chipping. You could post pix of what you got and we could look instead of the ladder part of what you said.
Now there's a good suggestion. I'll try to do that tonight.

Old 08-24-2010, 09:54 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Rutland
Okay, I know this has been brought up tons before and from what I've read, I think I have the same issue. In the driver's door handle, the color/paint has peeled away and there is a small chip in the paint on the steering wheel under the "select" button.

I think this is the issue that people have been talking about where they have gotten it taken care of under warranty, but does anyone have any pictures so that I can confirm?

Thanks!
i had no problems getting mine replaced under warranty. I had 3 of the four door trims and the steering wheel replaced. The service manage took a look at it and had the parts ordered for the following week. I didn't take any before and after pictures....can't help you there...give it try, form my experience and most of the reading I have done on this subject most dealerships are willing to repalce these parts.

Old 08-24-2010, 04:32 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I had mine replaced under warranty. I took advantage of it and took it in at this condition on the picture.
Its very minimal but if u look closely u can see it starting to peel. They changed with no questions cuz i called corporate and complained.

Old 08-31-2010, 02:57 PM
where o the wheel is it peeling?

Old 08-31-2010, 04:18 PM
Mine is peeling right under the volume down button. I'll retry that posting pictures idea.

Old 08-31-2010, 07:26 PM
I've got the same issue going on, i wasnt aware it would be classified as a warrenty issue, im taking my car in on Thursday for a service, i will see if they will do anything about it...

Old 08-31-2010, 07:28 PM
Received 322 Likes on 280 Posts
^ let us know

Old 08-31-2010, 11:28 PM
My dealer here in Canada - 401\ Dixie Infiniti just refused (last week) to fix the problem. Seems there is a long list of people south of the border who have gotten this fixed for free. Any Canadians out there that have had the dealer fix the armrest under warranty? If there is please reply. Many Thanks.

Old 09-02-2010, 10:35 AM
Okay, I finally got some pictures, but everytime I try to upload them, it says failed...

Old 09-02-2010, 11:03 AM
OK, im following my last post, I just dropped my G at Infiniti of Escondido, in So-Cal, and i showed the service guy my steering wheel asked if it was under any kind of warrenty and dude said straight out "Oh yeah definatly". He is even going to overnight a new steering wheel and steering column top because it was coming apart i guess i really didn't notice but he did.
So in conclusion went in for 30k service, and instead will be leaving my car till tomorrow and will pick it up with a new steering wheel and a few other interior cosmetic problems fixed, all at no charge to me... So if your dealership service person says it isn't covered make sure you talk to someone higher up on the chain before you give up on it.

Old 09-02-2010, 11:22 AM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
Ours did this too. I hope whoever has the car now gets it fixed.

Old 09-02-2010, 11:24 AM
I had a small scratch on the steering wheel and also few scratches on the driver's side door arm rest/window switch. I went in for my 30k service and had both replaced under warranty at Sewell Infiniti of Dallas.

Old 09-02-2010, 08:31 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 08PG_G_sedan
OK, im following my last post, I just dropped my G at Infiniti of Escondido, in So-Cal, and i showed the service guy my steering wheel asked if it was under any kind of warrenty and dude said straight out "Oh yeah definatly". He is even going to overnight a new steering wheel and steering column top because it was coming apart i guess i really didn't notice but he did.
So in conclusion went in for 30k service, and instead will be leaving my car till tomorrow and will pick it up with a new steering wheel and a few other interior cosmetic problems fixed, all at no charge to me... So if your dealership service person says it isn't covered make sure you talk to someone higher up on the chain before you give up on it.
hey there, im in oceanside currently and can go down to escondido if they will replace the whole steering wheel! What warranty do you have though? bumper to bumper? All i have is the CPO warranty. I dont think it is covered under this?

Old 09-03-2010, 07:21 PM
Originally Posted by samsizzle
hey there, im in oceanside currently and can go down to escondido if they will replace the whole steering wheel! What warranty do you have though? bumper to bumper? All i have is the CPO warranty. I dont think it is covered under this?
I have whatever you get with the car, i didn't pay for any extra warranties when i got it back in 08... So if i were you i would give it a shot... You really have nothing to lose except some gas money by driving over and getting it checked out... GL

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Door armrest/Steering wheel "peeling"...