Notices

Door armrest/Steering wheel "peeling"...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 08:16 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Man, I'm out here in O'side too. And my steering wheel and my doors have this problem. Good to know Esco will fix it. Thanks for the heads up. Question, did you buy your car from them? Do you always do service work with them?
Thanks in advance.
Ozzie.

Old 09-03-2010, 11:39 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Ozzfest
Man, I'm out here in O'side too. And my steering wheel and my doors have this problem. Good to know Esco will fix it. Thanks for the heads up. Question, did you buy your car from them? Do you always do service work with them?
Thanks in advance.
Ozzie.

yeah i'd like to know that too, i bought my car in tustin and the plates say that so they might be like ehhh...

Old 09-04-2010, 01:56 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by samsizzle
yeah i'd like to know that too, i bought my car in tustin and the plates say that so they might be like ehhh...
You could always take the license plate frame off

Old 09-04-2010, 02:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i went to the stealership today to see why i had hairline cracks inside my headlight housing, while i was there i also brought up the peeling of the steering wheel and door handles and with no problems they ordered a new steering wheel and door handles for me. By the way i'm in San Diego, I went to the Kearny Mesa Infiniti so if Escondido doesn't warranty it try Kearny Mesa.

Old 09-04-2010, 04:47 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
i jus got mines replaced,one think they should of done is they should of replaced it with the 09 journey models cause those models dont have the rubberize material, its straight plastic. i should of suggested them, but was too late

Old 09-04-2010, 06:33 PM
Originally Posted by ofna
i went to the stealership today to see why i had hairline cracks inside my headlight housing, while i was there i also brought up the peeling of the steering wheel and door handles and with no problems they ordered a new steering wheel and door handles for me. By the way i'm in San Diego, I went to the Kearny Mesa Infiniti so if Escondido doesn't warranty it try Kearny Mesa.
AWESOME! I have family right there I know exactly where that is. I will check it out next week.

Did you just go to the service counter and tell them? should i bring up a TSB or just say that it should be covered under warranty? also I assuming you dont have bumper to bumper warranty (crossing fingers). My steering wheels looks like someone buffed it with some sand paper

Old 09-04-2010, 06:35 PM
Originally Posted by Ozzfest
You could always take the license plate frame off
I installed a backup cam so it will be a pain to take off, but well worth a new steering wheel!! i shall do that

Old 09-05-2010, 04:01 AM
Originally Posted by samsizzle
AWESOME! I have family right there I know exactly where that is. I will check it out next week.

Did you just go to the service counter and tell them? should i bring up a TSB or just say that it should be covered under warranty? also I assuming you dont have bumper to bumper warranty (crossing fingers). My steering wheels looks like someone buffed it with some sand paper
I just pulled right into the service ride and asked them about it and with no problems they said they would order a new steering wheel and inside door handles. I was also talking to the service manager who is really cool and like I said no questions ask, he told the service rider to see how many handles i needed and to order handles and a steering wheel for me. I have the standard warranty that came with the car 60,000 miles or 5 years. Hope this helps and good luck i might be there friday if imy steering wheel comes in by then.

Old 09-05-2010, 04:14 AM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Do you remember which service manager you dealt with? I have a couple scratches on my door handles, but was too shy to ask if they were covered under warranty.

Old 09-05-2010, 04:39 AM
Originally Posted by beezy619
Do you remember which service manager you dealt with? I have a couple scratches on my door handles, but was too shy to ask if they were covered under warranty.
I believe theres only one service manager, and my service rider was a younger lady I believe she's new because i've never seen her before. If you pull all the way into the service her office is the last one inside. Hope this helps!!! I can get his name a my service riders name when I go in to get them installed, let me know!!!

Old 09-05-2010, 04:52 AM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
That would be cool if its not too much of a hassle. When are you getting them installed.

Old 09-05-2010, 05:54 AM
Originally Posted by beezy619
That would be cool if its not too much of a hassle. When are you getting them installed.
They said everything should be in by next week so hopefully friday... and yeah i'll get you the names i'll probably be there for a couple of hours anyways

Old 09-06-2010, 06:05 AM
mini meetup!!

Old 09-06-2010, 10:59 AM
Kansas City Infiniti will not fix the peeling problem....... Is there a TSB or something to show them, they also wouldn't update the computer on my 07...

Old 09-06-2010, 04:35 PM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
Originally Posted by johnbanks2
Kansas City Infiniti will not fix the peeling problem....... Is there a TSB or something to show them, they also wouldn't update the computer on my 07...
No.
You can check here http://x.infinitihelp.com/forum/loca...7&sort=d&pp=12

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Door armrest/Steering wheel "peeling"...