Notices

Door armrest/Steering wheel "peeling"...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 09:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by johnbanks2
Kansas City Infiniti will not fix the peeling problem....... Is there a TSB or something to show them, they also wouldn't update the computer on my 07...

they fixed my drivers arm rest last year in october. I didnt notice until recently that my steering wheel has a lot of peeling that's more visible when the wheel is upside down.. i was actually going to call them about getting that fixed. its bs if they dont because i cant think of another car that ive been in that uses material that peels off for the places that are touched a lot.

Old 09-07-2010, 12:28 AM
There is no tsb on there for that... on infiniti help

Old 09-07-2010, 07:47 AM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
^ I think that's what I said, lol
It's a crap shoot. Depends on the dealer and their mood. It would probably help to tell Infiniti Consumer Affairs and have them direct you to the dealer.

Old 09-07-2010, 10:32 AM
This is what mine looks like (finally got pictures to upload).

Is this what everyone is talking about?

Attached Thumbnails Door armrest/Steering wheel "peeling"...-1.jpg   Door armrest/Steering wheel "peeling"...-2.jpg  
Old 09-07-2010, 10:53 AM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
^ That is really bad looking. I would have to replace the door bezels even if Infiniti wouldn't cover it. Unfortunately the steering wheel is mucho $$$.

I had my steering wheel/column replaced for another reason all together. When the power column moves into the preset place mine would still move a bit when I grabbed the wheel. It would only move about 1/8" but it wasn't locking in properly so they replaced it for safety reasons. Maybe you guys could try that for an excuse.

Old 09-07-2010, 10:55 AM
So, my steering wheel is something different then - different than the peeling you guys are talking about?

And yeah, I need to get the door fixed. Need to take the car in soon for an oil change...will hopefully get it addressed then.

Old 09-07-2010, 10:33 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Thanks for the helpful info guys- was able to get new parts on the doors. As far as the steering wheel goes, they claim they can't just replace the scratched up area and have to get a whole new steering wheel- and i'm surprised I got them to order it considering the car is 3yrs 7mo old with 42k and its supposedly a thousand dollar part. No complaints! Ride on! If only i can get that stupid fin off the roof of my car i'd be ecstatic.

Old 09-08-2010, 04:11 AM
i havent done any door panel stuff but i have had my shifter, steering wheel and that whole cluster shroud thing replaced. i just want to get of the creeks...i keep hearing this popping windshield noise that i cant pin point.

Old 09-08-2010, 04:12 AM
Originally Posted by johnbanks2
Kansas City Infiniti will not fix the peeling problem....... Is there a TSB or something to show them, they also wouldn't update the computer on my 07...
if its under warranty...call infiniti Consumer affairs and they will make the dealer take care of it.

Old 09-08-2010, 07:33 AM
Originally Posted by Guitarguy
If only i can get that stupid fin off the roof of my car i'd be ecstatic.
You mean, the sat radio antenna?

Old 09-09-2010, 03:09 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
^Correct. I don't use satellite radio and hate the look of having a plastic protrusion on the roof that otherwise serves no purpose. Like why do some cars still have normal radio antennas that protrude from the roof or top of the rear quarters when other cars have them integrated into the rear window? Anyway I digress. I'm guessing you'd have to do do body work to cover the hole if you took it off....anyone know of anyone that has done this? Any comments appreciated.

Old 09-09-2010, 03:11 PM
Yeah, it'll probably be easier just to sign up for XM... Then that plastic protrusion would no longer be useless...

Old 09-09-2010, 07:40 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
**UPDATE for the SD guys**

just got back from kearny mesa infiniti, walked in and was directed to one of the service people. Walked into his mini-office. Asked me what was wrong and I said my steering wheel and arm rests were peeling and I had some brake judder issues and I would like to get them replaced under warranty. He said yeah there is a bulletin out for them. We walked out to the car so he could inspect (I still had on my tustin infiniti plates LOL). He noticed the steering wheel column was bending outward and said he would add that to the list too!

what he ordered: new steering wheel and column, door arm rest (the rest were fine but he would have replaced all of them), and brake pads and the rotors will be resurfaced.

I really have to thank this site and the people who went out and confirmed they were doing it, saved me a good amount of money and grief

highly recommend this place. I hope I get a g37 loaner

Last edited by samsizzle; 09-09-2010 at 07:48 PM.
Old 09-10-2010, 12:02 AM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
My dealer replaced the door handles under warranty, and agrees that the steering wheel should be replaced under warranty (haven't taken it in yet for steering wheel).

I wear only a wedding ring, and am careful with the doors and steering wheel - it appears that a good dealer will work the warranty. Ask!

UPDATE:>> The G is at the dealer right now having the steering wheel replaced under warranty. Win!

Last edited by G35Now!; 10-06-2010 at 10:20 PM.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:38 AM
I tried this once before, but still looking for confirmation, but is this what people are talking about?

Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails Door armrest/Steering wheel "peeling"...-1.jpg   Door armrest/Steering wheel "peeling"...-2.jpg  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Door armrest/Steering wheel "peeling"...