Notices

Door armrest/Steering wheel "peeling"...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 10:03 AM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
I would go to another dealer if I knew beforehand that I would be satisfied. It's not my job to drive all over S. Ontario trying to find a dealer that will replace this for me.
On another note: I just filled out the post service online survey they emailed me and lets just say it won't win them any dealer of the year awards.
The thing that annoys me is that they don't even take the time to call Infiniti and find out what to do. It should not be the dealers decision. I will call Infiniti myself.

Old 09-14-2010, 10:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rpm&my_G35
I would go to another dealer if I knew beforehand that I would be satisfied. It's not my job to drive all over S. Ontario trying to find a dealer that will replace this for me.
On another note: I just filled out the post service online survey they emailed me and lets just say it won't win them any dealer of the year awards.
The thing that annoys me is that they don't even take the time to call Infiniti and find out what to do. It should not be the dealers decision. I will call Infiniti myself.
Yeah, mine looked up the TSB and ordered up the parts, no questions asked. I just purchased this vehicle used and this was my first time @ this dealership. I'm getting a new steering wheel and front handle finishers. Go back and make them fix it.

Old 09-14-2010, 10:55 AM
Originally Posted by malice9999
Yeah, mine looked up the TSB and ordered up the parts, no questions asked. I just purchased this vehicle used and this was my first time @ this dealership. I'm getting a new steering wheel and front handle finishers. Go back and make them fix it.
Please look at the work order (or ask your dealer) and post the TSB number. There are dozens of us that would like to know it because it's not on the Infiniti Help site.
Thanks!

Old 09-14-2010, 11:03 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Rutland
I tried this once before, but still looking for confirmation, but is this what people are talking about?

Thanks!
Thanks for sharing those pictures. My door handles don't look like that yet but I do have the pealing on the steering wheel. Next time I take it in for service I'm going to see if I can get a new steering wheel.

Old 09-14-2010, 11:39 AM
Please look at the work order (or ask your dealer) and post the TSB number. There are dozens of us that would like to know it because it's not on the Infiniti Help site.
Thanks!
Sorry, it's not listed on the work order, but I'll ask when I bring it in for the actual work.

Old 09-14-2010, 10:40 PM
i dont understand why the canadian dealers are being such asswipes.

Old 09-17-2010, 05:05 PM
hey guys new to site just purchased g35s with 53 thousand miles and i know a guy at infiniti and just had steering wheel replaced, both passenger and drivers door switchs (peeling), also brake judder TSB, upper radiator hose, and lower contol arm ( bushing leaking)...all under warrenty

Old 09-17-2010, 05:26 PM
Welcome to the forum.
It would be a lot more helpful if you could tell us what TSB number or warranty the replaced the door switch bezel under.
You are the third person to say it was done under warranty. What #. Is is it on the service record/work order?
Post up numbers. please.

Old 09-17-2010, 08:59 PM
what was wrong with upper radiator hose? mine has some dry green residue but no visible leaks

Old 09-18-2010, 02:40 AM
sorry no TSB number and what do you mean What #. Is is it on the service record work order? ..... nationsmostwanted thats why i got it replaced because green residue crust i coolant seeping from hose which leads to leaks just got replaced so i dont have to pay for it later down the road.

Old 09-18-2010, 03:12 AM
hmm i might try to get them to do that too...it doesnt look like its actually fresh leaks. i might pressure test it at my shop when i have a chance

Old 09-18-2010, 09:42 AM
Originally Posted by eddie35
sorry no TSB number and what do you mean What #. Is is it on the service record work order? ..... nationsmostwanted thats why i got it replaced because green residue crust i coolant seeping from hose which leads to leaks just got replaced so i dont have to pay for it later down the road.
Type O.
What # is it on the service record or work order?
A few guys, in this thread, have claimed the interior door paint problem is covered by a TSB or warranty. If it is then please give us the number or proof that warranty covers it. If it is not then please don't say that it is.

Old 09-26-2010, 01:13 AM
Originally Posted by jane
My 08 steering was all scratched up. Maybe it was a left over from 97.
I had a '97 Maxima SE 5MT.

That car had an excellent steering wheel!

Old 09-26-2010, 09:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had my door panels (driver and passenger side) and my steering wheel replaced under warranty

Old 09-30-2010, 03:00 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No one in Toronto is fixing peeling...

My '08 G35x is at Markham infiniti today having the brake judder fixed, plus an issue with the shifter (it doesn't go into DS when you pull it toward you, just stays in D on the dash and drives as though it's still in D). They are fixing that stuff under warranty (I have a US car that I imported to Canada). They are checking with infiniti canada about the peeling on the wheel (mine is worse than the pic that was posted). Markham Infiniti seems the best in the GTA, but Downtown Infiniti wouldn't do it, and ALTA infiniti wouldn't even give me a loaner while they looked at it (something about me having an American car). Dicks. I'm not holding my breath that Markham will change the wheel. Looks like I'm in the same boat as you. I think I'll take a trip to Buffalo and get them to do it since that's where I bought the car.

Well I got back from getting my oil changed at the dealership (Guelph Infiniti). They took one look at my interior door trim (bezel) and politely put the blame on me. They said it must be my fault, "from your ring or something". I was firm that it was not from my ring. I said how would my wedding ring come in contact with the front inside part of the cup area. " I don't know" she says. I also said my children dont where rings and look at the back. I tried to make the point that the finish should not come off so easy...period.
After establishing that I still enjoy the car very much I went on a polite little rant about the quality of different finishing materials that Infiniti is using from the front grille, to paint/clear coat and now the interior. I also noted that there was a change in the interior bezel paint after 2007 and hinted as to why that is. They where unaware that Infiniti changed the interior paint.
They apologized and said they are sorry I am unhappy with these things but there is nothing they can do about it.

So before I left the salesman that I dealt with 3 years ago said he can get me into a 2011 G37x with Prem and Tech for the same monthly payment I currently have. He came up with the numbers pretty quick so my thought is he can go lower. I am staying where I am. I just hit 50,000km She's still new, lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Door armrest/Steering wheel "peeling"...