Notices

Door armrest/Steering wheel "peeling"...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 11:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i got my car back from the dealer and they replaced my steering wheel and all four door switch covers due to the peeling.

Old 10-12-2010, 12:26 AM
This may be a first for Canada. On the second trip into the dealer the manager finally agreed to replace the arm rest (after refusing on the first trip) but insisted the dealership would be taking the loss as Nissan\ Infiniti Canada will not pay for it (apparently Nissan USA and Nissan Canada do not have a unified policy?!). I'm just happy it is being replaced but it will likely get replaced with the 2007 OEM part so I'm going to need to wear my white glove to prevent it from getting scratched again.

Old 10-12-2010, 09:57 AM
I'm glad my post helped a couple of you. I hope it helps more in the future.

Old 10-12-2010, 10:19 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
anyone from NY that had theirs replaced? I need it replaced badly now. The dealership i've been going to since I purchased the vehicle from them has denied warrenty work on this. The service rep. stated it's wear and tear and I should take it up with corporate..

Old 10-12-2010, 04:41 PM
I just took my 2008 in for a SES light because of a cracked catalytic converter, and the service manager took one look at my steering wheel and door panels, and asked if I wanted them replaced. Within an hour I had a brand new steering wheel and new door panels. They are made of a different type of plastic. I didn't even mention these things to him, he simply noticed them and offered to replace them at no cost. The catalytic converter, on the other hand, is a whole different story.....

Old 10-12-2010, 05:29 PM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Mrpeeng
anyone from NY that had theirs replaced? I need it replaced badly now. The dealership i've been going to since I purchased the vehicle from them has denied warrenty work on this. The service rep. stated it's wear and tear and I should take it up with corporate..
That's ****ing bull****. Find another dealer that will take care of you.

Old 10-12-2010, 08:31 PM
^ I agree. if one dealer won't help you, just simply find another one. I had the exact experience, and it worked out just fine. They replaced the armrest handle for both passenger/driver and also the shift **** two.

Specifically on steering wheel. Today a manager explained me why he can't replace the steering wheel just for appears. His argument is that it would cost them 1000 bucks to replace the whole thing with airbag or what not, it is really not ideal for them to do this.

I have this condition filed up to corporate and waiting for their decisions. All in all, infiniti dealers are quite reasonable IMHO

Old 10-14-2010, 10:41 PM
Door armrest/steering wheel peeling

My window switch surrounds were replaced some time ago. Today Sewell Infiniti Dallas replaced the steering wheel. The car has 58K and the warranty expires on 3 weeks so I am pleased that Sewell fixed the problem, no questions asked. And they fixed a hose leak I didn't know I had!

Old 10-27-2010, 09:10 AM
Finally!!! Was able to schedule an appt to bring my car in. Got in back last night. I now have a brand new steering wheel, not just the parts that were peeling. Note on that, like the idea, but the steering wheel feels different from what I remember and I want to say it's a lighter color, but that could all be in my head. The door grips were also replaced without any resistance. All in all a very easy experience (except for the scheduling part).

Funny part was that I had him check on a squeak in the dash and he said it was more due to my hood, that it looks like it's a new one. I said it was and he somewhat laughingly asked who did the work because it needs to be realigned. I was very happy to oblige as the answer was "you guys" as in that dealership. He then backtracked and was like "oh, we outsource bodywork". funny stuff.

Old 10-27-2010, 10:06 AM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
Originally Posted by Rutland
Finally!!! Was able to schedule an appt to bring my car in. Got in back last night. I now have a brand new steering wheel, not just the parts that were peeling. Note on that, like the idea, but the steering wheel feels different from what I remember and I want to say it's a lighter color, but that could all be in my head. The door grips were also replaced without any resistance. All in all a very easy experience (except for the scheduling part).

Funny part was that I had him check on a squeak in the dash and he said it was more due to my hood, that it looks like it's a new one. I said it was and he somewhat laughingly asked who did the work because it needs to be realigned. I was very happy to oblige as the answer was "you guys" as in that dealership. He then backtracked and was like "oh, we outsource bodywork". funny stuff.
I love it. Insert foot in mouth...haha

Old 10-27-2010, 12:19 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by rutland
finally!!! Was able to schedule an appt to bring my car in. Got in back last night. I now have a brand new steering wheel, not just the parts that were peeling. Note on that, like the idea, but the steering wheel feels different from what i remember and i want to say it's a lighter color, but that could all be in my head. The door grips were also replaced without any resistance. All in all a very easy experience (except for the scheduling part).

Funny part was that i had him check on a squeak in the dash and he said it was more due to my hood, that it looks like it's a new one. I said it was and he somewhat laughingly asked who did the work because it needs to be realigned. I was very happy to oblige as the answer was "you guys" as in that dealership. He then backtracked and was like "oh, we outsource bodywork". funny stuff.
lmao!

Old 11-09-2010, 04:44 PM
Hi guys,

I made appointment with Riverside Infiniti - steering wheel leather and paint is peeling and some chipping start showing up on door armrest.
Although I purchased car and brought for service to Riverside, I don't know how easy/hard to get the warranty work done. This is my first time ever for warranty work.

I am expecting some good experience like service. I will figure it out soon.

Old 11-09-2010, 06:13 PM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
i will e taking my newly acquired sedan for the drivers side armest peeling also.
BTW has anyone ever tried removing that hard plastic part of the armrest and have it repainted? I mean it's only plastic and could be repainted professionally with better paint to last 4ever or as close to it as possible. just a thought

Old 11-09-2010, 08:23 PM
Took mine in today to Field's Infiniti and they ordered steering wheel, both doors and also are replacing the badly chipped grill under warranty as well. They are fixing the trim which is coming out around all four doors as well. Thanks for all the info.

Old 11-09-2010, 08:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my dealership refused to replace the trim of my 08 sedan, calling it wear and tear despite me pointing out that it's flaking at the steering wheel. i haven't had anything done by this dealership yet, so i'm assuming that the fact that i bought used (not from them) + i haven't given them any money = why they wont replace. bs imo but whatever

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Door armrest/Steering wheel "peeling"...