Notices

Door armrest/Steering wheel "peeling"...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 03:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Taking my car in next Saturday (a week or so from now) for:

Oil Change
Dash squeak
And paint peeling

Hopefully, it works out.

Old 09-30-2010, 06:10 PM
Originally Posted by jtebb
My '08 G35x is at Markham infiniti today having the brake judder fixed, plus an issue with the shifter (it doesn't go into DS when you pull it toward you, just stays in D on the dash and drives as though it's still in D). They are fixing that stuff under warranty (I have a US car that I imported to Canada). They are checking with infiniti canada about the peeling on the wheel (mine is worse than the pic that was posted). Markham Infiniti seems the best in the GTA, but Downtown Infiniti wouldn't do it, and ALTA infiniti wouldn't even give me a loaner while they looked at it (something about me having an American car). Dicks. I'm not holding my breath that Markham will change the wheel. Looks like I'm in the same boat as you. I think I'll take a trip to Buffalo and get them to do it since that's where I bought the car.
Yeah, must be a Canadian thing. I bought my G used and they took care of it on my very first trip to the dealership for an oil change. The vehicle wasn't even purchased there originally.

Old 10-05-2010, 06:51 PM
Has anyone been able to get this steering wheel finsihed and front door finishers fixed being out of warranty? I have noticed for a while but really hasnt brothered me, didnt think the dealership was going to replace.

Have '07 G35 but past the 60k mark already. Wondering if I will have a chance to get it replaced out of warranty?

Old 10-06-2010, 01:04 PM
Originally Posted by Rutland
Taking my car in next Saturday (a week or so from now) for:

Oil Change
Dash squeak
And paint peeling

Hopefully, it works out.
Quick update on the paint peeling issue. As I said I had an appointment scheduled for this saturday. I just got a call from the manager saying he was reviewing the appointments and saw my issue. He called to tell me he knows of the issue, but doesn't have the parts. He'll order them and call me when they get in.

I guess they are covering it under warranty.

Old 10-06-2010, 01:12 PM
I had this problem my wheel had a bunch of scratches so I took it to the dealer an they replaced the whole wheel they told me it was a factory deffect. It must happen in a lot of cars for them to not even argue with me at all. I didn't try to get the handles warrentied I shoud have, O tried painitning them with out thinking it came out ok, but I reccomend jus replacing them it cost me 60.00 for both front doors. heres the link
https://www.infinitipartsexpress.com...dan-parts.html

Old 10-06-2010, 10:18 PM
My front door armrest covers were replaced under warranty, no questions asked. I am askig them to do the steering wheerl next service as my warranty is about the expire.

Old 10-06-2010, 10:51 PM
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
i ahve the exact same problem and was told it was normal wear and tear and not covered under warranty, but im trying again at another dealership when i try to get my headlights replaced

Old 10-06-2010, 11:34 PM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Both of these threads are on the same topic, so merged them

Old 10-07-2010, 10:45 AM
I had this problem. My local Indianapolis dealer would not cover it (said it was normal wear and tear). So I followed these instructions:
  1. Called Infiniti Consumer Affairs - 800.662.6200
  2. Pressed '6' for 'other concerns'
  3. Summarized the issue to the rep on the phone (she was very friendly). My two front interior handles look like crap. Told her I did not receive an estimate of the cost to repair from the dealer, but I saw online each part runs around $30 retail.
  4. She put me on hold and attempted to contact the local dealer service department.
  5. She failed to reach them, but gave me a $200 service credit (electronic, gave me a ref#) which is good for a single visit. She said that should well cover the cost of replacing those handles.

In summary she was very friendly, gave me her direct extension in case I had problems, gave me a service credit to cover the charge of replacing the handles, and made my day!

Old 10-07-2010, 12:12 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Severian596
I had this problem. My local Indianapolis dealer would not cover it (said it was normal wear and tear). So I followed these instructions:
  3. Summarized the issue to the rep on the phone (she was very friendly). My two front interior handles look like crap. Told her I did not receive an estimate of the cost to repair from the dealer, but I saw online each part runs around $30 retail.
  4. She put me on hold and attempted to contact the local dealer service department.
  5. She failed to reach them, but gave me a $200 service credit (electronic, gave me a ref#) which is good for a single visit. She said that should well cover the cost of replacing those handles.

In summary she was very friendly, gave me her direct extension in case I had problems, gave me a service credit to cover the charge of replacing the handles, and made my day!
^ Congratulations on getting the credit. Good advice to those of us routinely getting da boot by the service manager for these type of things.

Old 10-07-2010, 01:00 PM
Just keep complainig or go to another dealer that's what I did and them warrentied everything!

Old 10-07-2010, 11:52 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i also took my g35x last week to dealer, he ordered the parts for me. now that the steering wheel arrived, im scheduled to go in this wednesday. so far so good

Old 10-08-2010, 12:17 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Good results at Elk Grove Infiniti here in Norcal. Took the car in for a 19k oil change. Pointed out a few scratches on the steering wheel. They confirmed the issue by scratching it up even more. New steering wheel is on order and will be installed next week. I should have scratched my door cups up too!

Old 10-09-2010, 01:00 PM
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
awesome advice serverian! if the second dealership in houston doesnt cover it then I will be trying your method!

Old 10-09-2010, 06:21 PM
Originally Posted by Severian596

Thanks for the info. I have to use the same dealer here in Indy so I'll more than likely be making that call to consumer affairs.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Door armrest/Steering wheel "peeling"...