Notices

Clock Light Replacement - Guide

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 07:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just wanted to say thanks for the write up. I just finished up and all is well.

Old 12-02-2013, 11:57 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Infiniti G35 Clock LED bulbs

Hi,

I replaced the clock lamps with White LEDs ordered from the ebay. Bulb type is T4 1/4 NW (Neo Wedge). Base is 10mm and bulb body 6mm.

Taking the panel and clock out was easy with instructions given here. Only problem was that there was no light after install. Polarity was wrong, so I had to take out the leds once more and rotate 180 degrees. I suggest to test the clock light before putting the top center trim back

Anyway, this is how they look like.

The following users liked this post:
westsai (02-15-2017)
Old 12-26-2013, 11:56 AM
Would anyone know what it means if the light went out simultaneously with the clock no longer working (totally dead)?

Thanks

Old 12-26-2013, 12:00 PM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
Clock lost power.
Either a fuse blew, or it got unplugged

Old 12-26-2013, 12:07 PM
Originally Posted by NFSP G35
Clock lost power.
Either a fuse blew, or it got unplugged
Is there a fuse just for the clock (and it's light)? I don't see anything else affected.

If so, would you know the fuse's location?

Old 12-26-2013, 12:34 PM
? = 2B || !2B

I don't thinktthere's one just for the clock, but I don't know what it shares with.
You checked the fuse box in the footwell?

Old 01-07-2014, 10:56 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by NFSP G35
I don't thinktthere's one just for the clock, but I don't know what it shares with.
You checked the fuse box in the footwell?
I believe the clock light is linked with your running lights. When I blew my fuse for running lights the clock stopped working. Probably just unplugged...or crapped out

Time for i35 clock conversion!

Old 01-08-2014, 11:36 AM
Did I Blow a Fuse??

OK so this is a pretty easy thing to do, yet somehow I messed it up!! I had the clock out and replaced the grain o'wheat bulbs with the VLEDs. The light still didn't come on, so naturally, I went to pull it out to reverse the polarity. Like a lazy, dumb,_____ I did this BEFORE I unplugged the clock again (yes I know, I know, it was late, cold in my garage, and I wasn't thinking) Of course there was a nice little spark and some smoke as live current and a metal flathead screwdriver, aren't friends. Anyway.. NOW my dashboard dimmer function no longer works. All the lights (and climate/radio) come on and work fine, but they just don't darken when I turn the headlights on and this also means the dimmer won't work. Obviously the bright orange dashboard is annoying at night time. Did I blow a fuse? Now I can't see the clock at night AND the rest of the dash is too bright LOL. Interestingly enough, the clock still keeps time so I know it's getting power and not dead...

I checked a few fuses in the footwell box and none were obviously broken. Can anyone point me in the right direction of where I should look now before I start looking for wiring diagrams and tearing the car apart and the such? And before you guys say it....YES my lesson was learned!! LOL

Last edited by magnetism80; 01-08-2014 at 11:43 AM.
Old 01-08-2014, 12:35 PM
? = 2B || !2B

Check every single fuse... If you're really lucky, it'll just be one of them blown.
Honestly though, it sounds like you may have damaged the dimmer itself. I have no clue how one would fix that though

Old 01-08-2014, 05:34 PM
Yeah I just noticed that my parking lights, tail lights and license plate lights are out too! These are all controlled by the same circuit so I'm sure it's a fuse now...Oh goodie wiring diagram time!! I'm just HOPING it's not one that's located in the IPDM. I had to find a wire to tap into before to hook up my DRLs... So I know for a fact it's a POA to work with since there is NO space and you have to pull the battery!! UGH.. this is some crap man. EASIEST thing to do and I fudged it up LOL and it's STILL cold as ball sacks in my garage and I STILL can't see the dang clock

Old 02-11-2014, 05:36 PM
Well I am new here and I was gifted a 2003 G35 Infiniti after I wrecked my truck. Anyways, the car is cosmetically great and mechanically is great as well (from what I can tell) but I have 150,000k on the car and I did notice that the clock light does not work. Anyways, I went about purchasing a pair of SMT High Power White Neo Wedge Base LED Light Bulbs T4 and I went about trying to install them and I thought that I had done so successfully but I am still not seeing any illumination and its driving me nuts. Any ideas as to what could cause this? On a second note, my coil on cylinder #5 was misfiring so I went ahead and replaced it, the gasket cover, and all 6 spark plugs with NGK Iridiums and I have noticed since doing so that I have a significant difference in gas mileage but it does seem like the car has more power? Any idea what could be causing this? I use Premium Gasoline and I just had an oil change/filter change early last week? What kind of oil should we be putting in these bad boys? I assumed they new.

Old 04-20-2014, 04:26 PM
is there a different way to do it on a 08?

Old 09-02-2014, 05:49 PM
guys!!! thanks to this thread, i got my lights fixed up with the superwhite leds! thanks!!!

Old 09-02-2014, 05:50 PM
hey buddy. reverse the polarity on the lights by twisting the bulbs the other direction. you can look at the corner of the clock, with key or lights on, plug in the harness and see if youve fixed it.

Old 09-17-2014, 12:58 PM
05 06 coupes .

So I had bought my leds and was ready to pop them in but when I pulled out my clock I saw that it didn't have a way to replace the bulbs that's when I looked inside and saw it was made of LEDS already. So I was pretty bummed out , does anyone know what size are the leds that are in those clocks and also how to take it part without removing the min and hour hand . ..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Clock Light Replacement - Guide