Notices

Clock Light Replacement - Guide

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 02:01 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
after a year of having a non working clock lights, i order a set of bulbs. i am just hoping i will not run into problems with non working bulbs. will post pics when everything is installed.

Old 04-21-2012, 05:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any Tips On How To Strip The Wires Without Ripping Them Out By Mistake? Already Messed Up One Bulb, They're So Small And Hard To Get Near The Base.

Old 04-21-2012, 05:05 PM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
^yeah, buy the LEDs so you don't have to mess with stripping wires

Old 04-22-2012, 08:09 AM
Originally Posted by NFSP G35
^yeah, buy the LEDs so you don't have to mess with stripping wires
True That

Old 12-20-2012, 05:59 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by gupta88
hey guys for anyone reading this, im a noobie and did it easily.

just watch the video above it has everything you need to know. the only part it doesnt is taking out the panel which i found easiest with a screwdriver near the top of the panel (near the windshield) loosening that and then pulling straight out towards you (not up) until the whole thing pops up.

then the bulb you want is the "30% brighter than regular Neo - Wedge LED Instrument Panel Bulbs Type B" on http://autolumination.com/74.htm. you can choose any color you want including stock amber. when you take out the old bulb by unscrewing, you will see this fits perfectly in its place with no work.

hope this helps!
Hey buddy i know your post here is from a while back but when i go to this link it just takes me to a long page full of different types of bulbs would you kindly point out the one super white led we need for this and its just the new led bulbs i would need...i dont need a base or something right? as some people here have referred to..

Thanks in advance
-Nitish

Old 12-21-2012, 07:49 AM
Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by nitish21
Hey buddy i know your post here is from a while back but when i go to this link it just takes me to a long page full of different types of bulbs would you kindly point out the one super white led we need for this and its just the new led bulbs i would need...i don't need a base or something right? as some people here have referred to..

Thanks in advance
-Nitish
The LED replacement you are looking for is a NEO WEDGE BASE T4 LED, I went with the stock amber color, have had it in place for a couple of years... looks great, nice even light, same hue as the rest of the console illumination! I got mine at VLEDS, they come in pairs, $3.99.. great price. This is a DIRECT replacement, quarter-turn of the base to remove the bulb, quarter-turn of the LED to install.. that's IT!

http://www.vleds.com/bulb/t3-t4-t5-b...t4-1-pair.html

Last edited by RicoG35x; 03-31-2013 at 01:40 PM. Reason: revised vendor link (3-31-13)
The following users liked this post:
BowWizzel (06-11-2013)
Old 12-21-2012, 07:56 AM
On this note... I've replaced all my interior bulbs, door courtesy lamps, backup lights and rear plate lamp with product from VLEDS. They have QUALITY product, I have had NO issues whatsoever (fuses blowing, LEDS going up in smoke.. etc...).. for at least 4 years now. They are in Upper Washington State and are always striving to bring the lastest and greatetst to market for all our lighting needs.. point is.. why mess with this crap from China.. when we have an AWESOME resource right hear in the US of A!! HELL YA!!

Old 03-29-2013, 11:03 PM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
^^What bulb did you use for the glove box? I tried to go to your link from the post you had for the glove box light and it won't come up.

Last edited by Almightyone; 03-29-2013 at 11:44 PM.
Old 03-30-2013, 09:02 PM
Originally Posted by Almightyone
^^What bulb did you use for the glove box? I tried to go to your link from the post you had for the glove box light and it won't come up.
Sorry man.. VLEDS completely redesigned their website... all my order records and product reviews no longer exist.. Whattha..!?!?

anyways.. here is the led I installed for the LOWER glove box.. has great fill lighting properties with the 3 led design.. nice clean white light. it also comes in a 6K color if you prefer a more bluish tint to your leds.. I went with thw 5K version.. a more purer "white" led. It's a direct replacement for the incandescant bulb.

http://www.vleds.com/bulb/74-led/whi...74-1-pair.html

Almightyone (03-30-2013)
Old 03-30-2013, 10:34 PM
Thanks. I have been searching for a while. I couldn't find a solid answer for it.

Old 04-03-2013, 11:27 PM
How do you get the plastic trim around the clock on a 2006 off? I got the top dash peice off but I am having trouble getting the plastic trim off. I have searched and can only find stuff for the 2003 style clock.

Old 04-17-2013, 02:54 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I tried to replace the bulbs in my 03 with the same size bulbs from radio shack (maybe 25mA?). After I carefully trimmed all the insulation away from the bulb base and off the wires, I found out that the bottom of the bulb was a bit larger than the lit end, to the extent that it wouldn't fit into the bulb holder.

So I ordered these from VLED.com

http://www.vleds.com/smt-high-power-...t4-1-pair.html

SMT HIGH POWER AMBER NEO WEDGE BASE LED LIGHT BULBS T4 | 1 PAIR - T4_SMT_A -$3.99
and I couldn't be happier. They're just a bit dimmer than the rest of the dashboard, but I like it that way. Color wise - they are so close to the other dash lights I don't notice a difference. Service and shipping from VLED were great.

Since they came installed in the base already, they were a direct fit, I did have to trim just a sliver of plastic of the outer edge LED Circuit board so they would fit into holes in the back of the clock, but that was much faster and easier than trimming all that insulation off the glass bulb and wires.

o3LRG (05-01-2013)
Old 04-27-2013, 11:38 AM
Any problems with dimming the interior lighting, do the LEDs dim accordingly or stay the same?

Old 05-01-2013, 07:51 PM
Originally Posted by snorky18
I tried to replace the bulbs in my 03 with the same size bulbs from radio shack (maybe 25mA?). After I carefully trimmed all the insulation away from the bulb base and off the wires, I found out that the bottom of the bulb was a bit larger than the lit end, to the extent that it wouldn't fit into the bulb holder.

So I ordered these from VLED.com

http://www.vleds.com/smt-high-power-...t4-1-pair.html

SMT HIGH POWER AMBER NEO WEDGE BASE LED LIGHT BULBS T4 | 1 PAIR - T4_SMT_A -$3.99
and I couldn't be happier. They're just a bit dimmer than the rest of the dashboard, but I like it that way. Color wise - they are so close to the other dash lights I don't notice a difference. Service and shipping from VLED were great.

Since they came installed in the base already, they were a direct fit, I did have to trim just a sliver of plastic of the outer edge LED Circuit board so they would fit into holes in the back of the clock, but that was much faster and easier than trimming all that insulation off the glass bulb and wires.
How safe is that?

Old 05-02-2013, 10:40 AM
Originally Posted by Rain35
Any problems with dimming the interior lighting, do the LEDs dim accordingly or stay the same?
My LEDs from post #177 dim accordingly with the dash lights.

Originally Posted by snorky18
I did have to trim just a sliver of plastic of the outer edge LED Circuit board so they would fit into holes in the back of the clock, but that was much faster and easier than trimming all that insulation off the glass bulb and wires.
Originally Posted by o3LRG
How safe is that?
I'm not sure what you mean by safe.

How safe for the bulb/car? Very safe. When I say sliver, I'm talking about approx. five thousands of an inch of excess plastic material from the edge. It does not affect the function, performance, or safety in any way.

How safe for me? As safe as anyone using a utility knife ever is

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Clock Light Replacement - Guide