Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

-1 for infiniti service

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 01:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
-1 for infiniti service

UPDATES ON PAGE 3

on tuesday morning i took my car to local infiniti dealership for an oil change and some other issues i was having. i had a 845 am appointment and i figured they would have the car for a day or so. the service contract included 3750 oil change, to re-center the steering wheel, fix the driver side window howling noise, tighten door catch bolt, fix some misc rattles.

so on tuesday the tech took it on a test drive and verified the problems that i had listed. i was told he did verify the rattles i asked to be fixed and was trying to isolate them to correct them and they would need the car over night. okay that was cool i just wanted it fixed.

wed afternoon i recieve a phone call stating that the service tech is still working on isolating the rattles i identified, but the rattles are present and the would need to hold the car over night again. i was a little disappointed but okay i wanted it fixed.

thursday afternoon i recieve a phone call. this time i was told the original tech had to go to training for 2-3days and that the car was now being worked on by another tech. however this new tech could no longer verify the rattles. okay cool so maybe they had them fixed cool. i was also told that they were having problems with the alignment machine and to center the steering wheel they needed the car over night again. okay i just wanted everything right

friday morning around 10 am the car is ready. i go to pick it up. i pay for it and the car is waiting out front for me. cool i finally didnt have to drive a crap loaner with a big dent running all along the car, and i got my car back. the first thing i notice is that it went through the wash after i said to not send the car through the wash. i was a little made, but hey i am going on vacation and i will worry about it later. so i proceed to driver home. less than a mile away and all the rattles are still there. so i was a little frustrated. so i arrive at home and the door check strap isnt tight either. now i am pissed. so i proceed to use the washer nozzles and the driverside one is still acting funny. so i call the dealership and no one picks up. okay so i call back 2 more times without an answer. so i call back for the 4th time now and a kind lady picks up and i ask to be transfered. well the service consultant isnt in his office. okay so i can i speak with the service manager. so she puts me through and teh phone just rings and rings. okay no one is there. so i hang up and call back and ask for the gen manager. so i get to talking with him and stating what happened and everything.

i proceeded to tell him things were not fixed. he pulled up the work agreement and we went down the list. so we ge to the window howling noise and he stats that he drives a 08 as well and he experiences this same noise. then he tries to sound in over his head by telling me that he only has this problem while traveling east or west but didnt have the noise traveling north and south. okay cool but i have the problem all the time and it still isnt fixed. he then proceeds to tell me that the only thing that even helped reduce the noise was to tape off all the window seals as well as around the door. hmm then he goes on to stat that this is a design flaw and that all cars have this problem.

so next problem was the door catch bolt. wasnt fixed and it pops everytime the door is open. fix it.

now when the moonroof shade is open and the glass is closed the there is a loud distint rattle. he agreed that he had the same problem, but in order to fix it the moonroof would no longer be able to work properly. again another design flaw.

then on to the steering wheel being off center. supposely to fix this problem an alignment wasnt the answer. well duh i told you the car tracked perfectly straight and it was in spec. i can figure that out with the old string and pencil technique.

so frustrated and getting ready to drive across country i dont have time to deal with this. in the in going inspection there were no chips or scratches on the paint except one small chip in the lower part of the front bumper. i even pointed it out to the service consultant that it was the only flaw on the car. so i receive the car back and there is a huge chip of paint missing out of the hood and two rock chips on the front bumper. what the hell.

so after all is said and done i am on a road trip with the same problems i took the car in with. again they had the car for 3 days and nothing was fixed. i get it back and it went through the wash and now is full of swirl marks and fine scratches (i just polished it up on monday and had it almost perfect), big chips of paint missing in teh front end, the rattles are still there, and the steering wheel is still going to bug the crap out of me. now i have to drive 6k miles with it. i remember when i bought the car the sales person from this dealership said these exact words to me "WE DONT SELL CHEVY"S HERE". -1 for riverside infiniti service department after i had high hopes for them with the silicone in the water pump issues.

Last edited by archie; 09-05-2008 at 09:13 PM.
Old 08-02-2008, 04:01 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds like a **** experience. I know exactly how you feel. I don't even want to go through my whole nightmare. I'll just give it to you short, it took my dealership 5 months to complete the cruise control fix. Initially I had only wanted it done for the ecu upgrade, should not have bothered at all. I took my car in 5 times during those 5 months, and two of the times they washed the car when I specifically said not to.

It just so happened they washed on the last trip. I asked the service rep why my car was wet, he said they washed the car. I asked "Did I not specifically ask for the car not to be washed?" He sort of just looks embarassed. Not over yet, I got back home, pop open the hood for a quick cleaning, I notice the battery cover is missing and they didn't even bother closing this plastic cap on the battery. Totally fed up, had to go back to the dealership to pick it up.

I don't know what control Infiniti has over dealerships but I am definitely writing a letter of complaint to them, or the manager of the dealership this long weekend.

By the way, at least your dealership has the courtesy to call you back. Every time they say they'll let me know when a part comes in they'll give me a call, it never happens. I always call 3 weeks later myself.

Old 08-02-2008, 04:44 AM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Who was your service advisor? Also, who was the tech that worked on your car, and the names of the other individuals you spoke to? I will get to the bottom of this.

Also, is this a sedan or coupe? I'm guessing you have a 08 sedan?

Old 08-02-2008, 06:54 AM
ooooooooooooooooh...

somebody is going to get in trouble.

Old 08-02-2008, 08:18 AM
just a sedan
get em Mike

Old 08-02-2008, 11:10 AM
SIETESG

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
funny thing to i took my car in last monday for oil change service, and yesterday i washing my car i noticed my rim was curbed. my rims were all in perfect condition, they were like new still.

the curb is small but its there, also noticed a new scratch at the top of my hood near the wipers.

fyi same dealer

Old 08-02-2008, 11:33 AM
Sorry to hear about your service issues.

I have 100% satisfaction with Infiniti of Santa Monica. Not the easiest drive for you, but they have 50 loaners on hand and they have done EVERYTHING for me correctly the first time.

-s-

Last edited by ParkStr8; 08-03-2008 at 03:40 PM.
Old 08-02-2008, 11:54 AM
Originally Posted by Mike@RiversideInfiniti
Who was your service advisor? Also, who was the tech that worked on your car, and the names of the other individuals you spoke to? I will get to the bottom of this.

Also, is this a sedan or coupe? I'm guessing you have a 08 sedan?
mike joe already spoke with me earlier and when i get back at the end of the month he and i will be going on a test drive to get this issue taken care of. its more frustrating than anything. and dont get me wrong the car is a blast to drive, but the 2 out of 3 services i have had at riverside have ended in a not so good manner.

Old 08-02-2008, 12:07 PM
Originally Posted by ParkStr8

I have 100% satisfaction with Infiniti of Santa Monica. Not the easiest drive, but they have 50 loaners on hand and they have done EVERYTHING for me correctly the first time.

-s-

not worried about the drive as i love driving the g. however the drive from santa monica would be easier especially knowing everything was fixed right the first time, and the car just didnt sit there for 3 days and come back with rock chips everywhere topped with swirls and water spots.

Old 08-02-2008, 03:59 PM
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts
sorry to hear that man! i hope everything gets fixed soon.
I also read good things about tustin infiniti. you might wanna try them

Old 08-02-2008, 04:06 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Just a FYI, I am not the Mike in service.

Old 08-02-2008, 04:41 PM
DOMO you big mike!

Old 08-02-2008, 11:18 PM
TGS
Originally Posted by ParkStr8

I have 100% satisfaction with Infiniti of Santa Monica. Not the easiest drive, but they have 50 loaners on hand and they have done EVERYTHING for me correctly the first time.

-s-
+111

Old 08-22-2008, 09:37 PM
well here is an update. i just got home from a 6k mile road trip. the g was a good ride but now many problems exsist. the list is so long its not even worth my time. if infiniti cannot fix these problems in a timely fasion it is so long infiniti and hello another lexus.

Old 08-22-2008, 10:42 PM
just had my car back from riverside infiniti and from a personal experience, they were very courteous and professional. My advisor was mike. I had 2 issues. Rear axle click-which is fixed now. Leather from door panel was coming off-Mike ordered one for next day delivery and installed it. So for me personally, it was a very good experience with a very friendly staff. I would definitely go over there again, even though it's a 40 mile drive

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: -1 for infiniti service