TSB- Technical Bulletins Technical Service Bulletins- Coupe and Sedan from Infiniti. Updates Approved by Administrators and Moderators.

Infiniti Rev-Up Oil Consumption TSB

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Old 01-19-2009, 11:11 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Depends on what kind of mods you have.

Old 01-19-2009, 11:43 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
Originally Posted by penelson
So I finally figured out why I was having such a hard time reading my stick. I let the car rest overnight for nice cold check in the morning (thanks for the advice John). Pulled the stick and whoa WTF I'm like showing this line about 2 mm up from the tip of the stick This ia at about 2k miles, I lost my odometer reading when I did a battery disconnect a few weeks ago, but it's +/- 150 of 2 k . If any one is curious, it took exactly 3 quarts to bing it all the way up to H line on the stick (06 rev-up). Also FYI, the engine tone above 3k rpm starts to take on a "harsh" quality / louder when your approaching 3 qts low. I noticed this change about a week ago, but wasn't smart enough to relate it to oil level. Since I install the Nismo flywheel/clutch everythig drivetrain wise is somewhat louder so at first I was fooled After I added the 3 qts, she is purring again. So obviously I have a problem. The ? is did you guys de-mod before taking to the dealer and demanding a new engine? My dealer is pretty cool and I rather not have to tear out the motordyne plenum , intake etc.
Think I know which dealer. They did mine (rather not disclose dealer name publicly. Dealers troll these forums. I know for a fact lol) and yea, cool on the surface but.....

All I'm going to say about them is, don't let your G out of your sight bro. They played me with oil level first time on my test return.

They seemed cool about mods, but I de-modded all but my cat-back exhaust and Z-tube before testing started. Can't advise you on intake, MREV2 and spacer with them.

No, don't demand. Inform them of OC you've personally seen and request them to start testing.

I know how to deal with them and know their games personally, if it's the same one.

PM me if you want

Glad level reading tip worked out for you....

Old 01-20-2009, 01:12 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
if you read through all the treads on this issue you will find a specific law that states unless your mods can really be proven to have an effect on the warranty issue they don't count to invalidate.

in the real world it is what everybody has been telling you it is. There is an issue, nissan infiniti knows it is an issue. Some dealers will do the right thing and get it done right away, others will make you jump through hoops.

At the end of the day you get a new engine. Everything you need to know has already been posted. Go in educated and don't fall for the BS you will likely face.

Old 01-21-2009, 10:57 AM
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by EncoreCestMoi
if you read through all the treads on this issue you will find a specific law that states unless your mods can really be proven to have an effect on the warranty issue they don't count to invalidate.

in the real world it is what everybody has been telling you it is. There is an issue, nissan infiniti knows it is an issue. Some dealers will do the right thing and get it done right away, others will make you jump through hoops.

At the end of the day you get a new engine. Everything you need to know has already been posted. Go in educated and don't fall for the BS you will likely face.
So educate me: short ram intake/high flow cats/Mrev2 plenum + spacer/light flywheel+clutch/dual exhaust. NO INTERNALS or tuning done. Am I good to go or not??

Old 01-21-2009, 12:02 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act

Up to you if you want to take that chance, if need be, into play....

Old 01-21-2009, 12:24 PM
Premier Member

I think this sums it up - thanks !!

Under the Magnuson-Moss Act, a dealer must prove, not just vocalize, that aftermarket equipment caused the need for repairs before it can deny warranty coverage. If the dealer cannot prove such a claim — or it proffers a questionable explanation — it is your legal right to demand compliance with the warranty. The Federal Trade Commission administers the Magnuson-Moss Act and monitors compliance with warranty law.

That being said, if you choose to modify your car, and suddenly the fancy new electronic control boxes that you added to your car make it run rough, not start when cold, or buck like a bronco, the dealer can and will charge a diagnostic fee to find out what is wrong with your car. If it turns out that your modifications are the cause of the problem, the dealer has every right not only to charge you for the diagnosis and repair, but to also void the portion of the warranty that has been compromised by the use of those aftermarket parts.

Old 01-23-2009, 11:40 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Goodluck w that.. Let us know when you get denied.

Old 01-23-2009, 01:57 PM
Premier Member

^^^^^

Thanks for info. I have time to sort this so I'm not running to the dealer right away.I'll definetly tailor any future mods around this . No FI for now !! I'll go get a few more routine 500 $ maitenance intervals done , build up my loayatly points
with the dealer ..... then pounce

Old 01-23-2009, 04:51 PM
Premier Member

Maint records are pristine and all with the dealer. They are in love with me
(for now) HA !

Old 01-23-2009, 04:54 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Watch out on the high flow cats.. If you fck with your cats in anyway the dealer will go nuts.

There was a guy here that got fully denied for a new motor because he had test pipes.

Old 01-23-2009, 06:35 PM
Premier Member

I have the OEM cats, probably a good idea to reinstall when it's go time. That's any easy fix. The MREV intake would be more envolved/PITA.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Quick Reply: Infiniti Rev-Up Oil Consumption TSB