TSB- Technical Bulletins Technical Service Bulletins- Coupe and Sedan from Infiniti. Updates Approved by Administrators and Moderators.

Infiniti Rev-Up Oil Consumption TSB

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Old 06-11-2009, 03:47 PM
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by citymunky
Well you guys are lucky.

I took my G back to Charles Barker Infiniti, and I want to burn that place down and here is why. I called on Monday for a 3 o'clock appt for Weds. When I get there my car sat in the front for almost a hour. So the Service Manager call me up to the front desk when my car was ready and she tells me that I'm good to go, there is nothing wrong. So I asked how low was my oil, and she said 1/2 Qt. I tell the it can be Qt's, it haves to be in mm's. Than that's when her whole attitude changes, I told there is no way it's only a 1/2 Qt low because I check right before I got there and the oil was below the Low limit. So she tell me that is was 16mm low, but I'm in specs before I drove 2000 miles. That's when I got ****, that planned this and I didn't see this coming. I asked how it is 2000 miles and I was just here 1000 miles ago. She said it's been 2000 miles since your last oil change, so that makes it 2000 miles. Bullsh!t because when I went there the last time, my G was also low a Qt, but there topped off the oil (AKA they serviced my oil) and said come back in 1000 miles due to lack of Oil Change History in there datedase.

So I question her on the TSB, asking her where does it say to add oil in the middle of testing? Where does it say I need a complete oil change history? Were does it say I can't use Moble 1? She wouldn't even look at me. They she said if I want I could try the dealer in Richmond, VA where is 2 hours away. That **** me off more. When I was there I filied a complain with Infiniti Comsumer Affairs again. When I got home I filied another complain with the BBB. I'm going to be talking to regional rep today, I'll see where that goes.

PS: Sorry for any misspelled words or improper grammar, but I'm late for work.
bring a copy of the TSB and talk to them in a calm but serious manner.

hopefully you get it resolve bro!

Old 06-11-2009, 04:08 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Dranom
bring a copy of the TSB and talk to them in a calm but serious manner.

hopefully you get it resolve bro!

I did yesterday, but she didn't want to see it. She was saying that there no way to prove what I have is a real TSB.

Old 06-11-2009, 04:38 PM
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by citymunky
I did yesterday, but she didn't want to see it. She was saying that there no way to prove what I have is a real TSB.
damn! thats ghey! how about the other service managers?

Old 06-11-2009, 05:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a 2007 infiniti g35 coupe and have this problem. I contacted the dealer to setup a OC test. Is this going to cost money? Also anyone know the standard warranty on the 07 g35 coupes. I'm sitting at 54,000 miles at the moment.

Old 06-11-2009, 06:13 PM
Also i seen a post that i should file a complaint with nhtsa. It asks for my vin. Is anyone else doing this?

Old 06-11-2009, 07:53 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
Originally Posted by penelson

Also the service rep insisted it's a NEW VQ35HR long block, not a refurbished VQ35DE. I don't know if there is any way to confirm this (engine ID ?), but if true a nice upgrade to the 07 bottom end !
Ok...a friend told me about this post. I had to come back to see for myself.

In very beginning they told you a 'new DE', now they say a HR.

"but if true a nice upgrade": Please research the HR block design and bury that assumption lol.
Damn! You have a HR longblock?! So its stronger now! lol!
And a new 07 oem 350z hood with that subtle bubble. Custom fitted on his G35 coupe so it now accommodates his new HR block with taller deck height than the DE.

Citymunky
Damn what a story!! BBB usually gets their attention and whip things into order. Hopefully regional rep will before BBB has to.

Originally Posted by ryman546
Also i seen a post that i should file a complaint with nhtsa. It asks for my vin. Is anyone else doing this?
Yes many have from my thread on that subject. It's part of the standard complaint process with any type of vehicle defect. No worries.

Old 06-11-2009, 08:32 PM
hey can any one help me i have 06 coupe mt i did the oil test comsuption 2 times the second time they told they were going to replace the engine i said ok i drop the car of last wednesday and i pick it up today thursday 11 2009 my question is do they change the hole engine or just do like rebuilt thing. this is what they replace on mine. engine bare. casket adopter. some other parts is that a new engine. and there is a clicking noise inside the engine that was before they did the work i drove it today is still there. any seggestion.

Old 06-11-2009, 08:41 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
damn! thats ghey! how about the other service managers?
Nope, there is only one Service Manager and one Service Advisor. The Advisor doesn't have a clue anything.

Well I got a call from the Regional Rep today and she seem nice. I told her about how what got me into reseaching OC. I told that last year while driving my Oil Low light come on twice. I told her how many times I been to the Dealer for OC testing. I told her if they followed there guideline like they said they do, how they measure in Qt not mm's. How they don't allow synthetic oil for OC testing. How they say one thing and do another the next minute. I told her how I think they fu<ked me with the whole driving 2000 miles after they topped off my oil after the first 1000 miles. I told her out of all the local people that I know with Infiniti's (like 20 people), nobody like taking their car there for service, which says something. The Regional Rep said the that the dealer send a internal message saying I never producted any oil change history to the Service Manage to review. Mind you the Service Manager never asked me to show her my anything while I was there. The Regional Rep also the dealer must follow a "Internal Warranty Guidelines", I then asked if there is anywhere I can read these "Guideline" and of coures she said no. The Regional Rep then told me my next step is to Break Down my Engine and inpect it. I think that's BS. So after I got of the phone with the Rep, I drove to the dealer with my oil change history, and the Service Manger told me to hold on to it, and begin to about the cost of having my engine broke down. It was cost at a max of $1428 or less depening how far the tech's get before they find something bad. I'm not paying $1428 to break down my engine, for that amount of money I can have all the parts I need to built a nice forged small block.

I going to the dealer in Richmond on Monday to start another OC thur them. But I know of a few people that had their bad engines replaced in Richmond.

I also got a e-mail from the BBB today, I need to fill a form, so I'm going to do that now.

Old 06-12-2009, 12:22 PM
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah John I agree with your post , it doesn't make sense that it's a HR block.
May be the service rep meant something like the rings / bearings etc. were
HR. it's def DE heads. And it still fits under the hood !!

I also notice 4.5 mm down on the stick at 50 miles. I think you posted that this is normal with the first oil fill due to initial absorption by the internals ? I hope this is the case

Old 06-12-2009, 04:15 PM
Just got the G back today - everything went according to plan / no snafus with the dealer. My only gripe is that they charged me $ 435 labor to re-install my grounding wires, engine damper, mrev plenum, and short ram intake.
They did say upfront there would be "extra" charges , but me thinks they padded the extra labor a bit in there favor .

Also the service rep insisted it's a NEW VQ35HR long block, not a refurbished VQ35DE. I don't know if there is any way to confirm this (engine ID ?), but if true a nice upgrade to the 07 bottom end !

So I'll be break'n in for 1500 miles. I think I'll stick with good old school dino oil for now. Any ideas on that first oil change ? Dealer says 3,700, but I was thinking sooner for the first change ? I'll post again at 1,000 with my new OC
results, hopefully insignificant.
I purchased an 07 coupe with a V2 Rev-Up already installed by the same dealership back in March. New V2 Motor had 6K on it when I bought the car. The first 2 oil changes after motor replacement look like this (I reviewed the service history at dealership on OC test on new motor), first 3K it consumed 1.5 quarts of oil! 2nd oil change it was down to 1.2 quarts of oil. Then, the owner gets angry and says new motor still consumes oil and trades in car. I purchase the car and just got the oil changed and it was only down .5 quarts of oil. I had them switch over to high mileage synthetic for this current oil change (they were using synth-blend on last 3 oil changes). I am expecting 1/2 quart consumed or less by the next oil change. Point being - it can take up to 10K for the break-in on the motor from what I can tell. I would change the oil after 3,000 miles since they seem to lose about a 1-2 quarts of oil for the 1st 5K miles of break-in. However, I would bring the car back to the dealership every 1K if it is still consuming oil with new motor - break in or not.

I also scheduled some time at the dyno tomorrow, just to see what kind of power the V2 will yield now that it is officially broken in, I will post my results.

Old 06-12-2009, 05:12 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
Yeah John I agree with your post , it doesn't make sense that it's a HR block.
May be the service rep meant something like the rings / bearings etc. were
HR. it's def DE heads. And it still fits under the hood !!

I also notice 4.5 mm down on the stick at 50 miles. I think you posted that this is normal with the first oil fill due to initial absorption by the internals ? I hope this is the case
Yea Bro...HR just ain't possible in our gen of G's.

My whole history/observations/what I did with my V2 started back in May of last year when I got. Prior to that was all my fight and Dealer BS to finally get one.
Wealth of info from me and others on these OC threads, my350 one too <--- Actually was more involved in that one on a technical level with diff SN.

G/L All once again...

Old 06-13-2009, 11:04 AM
so i'm getting confused. Are they replacing the whole engine or just the internals. if its the same engine its going to burn the same way and i just as well keep the one i have.

Old 06-13-2009, 11:24 AM
Entire engine with "revised" internals. (That isn't proven to be better btw)

Old 06-13-2009, 02:58 PM
V2 Rev-up dynojet numbers

247 horsepower / 236 lb/ft torque
Completed on a dyno jet. V2 Rev-up motor 2007 G35 coupe 6mt CPO vehicle.

Conditions were hot, 96 degrees, 28 percent humidity, 29.5 pressure

I was expecting 250-260 horsepower and 240-245 lb/ft of torque but I think the conditions were just too hot today because the car also had a ping around 5K and you can see the ping in the results. Let me know if anyone wants to see the printouts and I will post them up.

Old 06-14-2009, 12:35 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
quick question guys. I think I might have this problem. I have an 05 with 32,000 miles on it. This is covered under powertrain warranty? Is that 6 years and 70K miles. I tried searching and reading this forum but its giving me a headache. I bought mine used and I think it was actually purchased new in 04 so I am trying to figure out if I am under warranty. Is warranty based on original purchase date or build date??? thanks.

Mike

www.reverbnation.com/pfactor

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Quick Reply: Infiniti Rev-Up Oil Consumption TSB