TSB- Technical Bulletins Technical Service Bulletins- Coupe and Sedan from Infiniti. Updates Approved by Administrators and Moderators.

Infiniti Rev-Up Oil Consumption TSB

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Old 02-10-2009, 06:44 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
Originally Posted by dranom
man, i think they put thicker oil in my car coz mine right now is still almost full coz usually when my oil is fully synthetic after a few hundred miles the oil gets burned really fast!

any suggestions?
Had a friend with same situation. They did 10w-30 blend on him from his normal 5w-30 Synth.
His still burned as the miles continued on regardless, just not as fast in the beginning.
He still qualified even with that type of oil.

Old 02-10-2009, 08:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Infiniti Cust Svc called me this afternoon and said I wouldn't qualify for buyback at this time but to continue to have dealer document any issues and warranty work and maybe in the future. So I guess I'll start nit picking all the little problems and make sure they document for possible future buyback.

Originally Posted by V35 Skyline GT
Knowledge is power, love it. They hate it, too bad. I have no love for their general ignorance and games.

Read many 350Z owners have successfully with Nissan after 3rd failed attempt of fixing this issue.
Get the BBB on your side if it comes down to that and/or Lemon Law Attorney. Document everything in the meantime in writing, service orders, etc...

Old 02-10-2009, 09:32 PM
^
Not true for me back ~year ago.
I switched dealers in the middle of testing with no hassles from Corp or second dealer accepting test take-over.
That work order even stated test-take over.
Yeah I didn't see the logic behind that statement. I mean it's still an Infiniti dealer. Im calling corporate tomorrow to see what can get done and I'm heading back to the dealer.

Old 02-10-2009, 11:30 PM
6MT Coupe
Originally Posted by G35guy
Yeah I didn't see the logic behind that statement. I mean it's still an Infiniti dealer. Im calling corporate tomorrow to see what can get done and I'm heading back to the dealer.
Exactly...plus they changed your oil, so no reason for them to deny you to start testing with them.
Heard a lot of stories over the years, yes years lol, but that's a new one in my book.

G/L with all that.

Oh...get a complaint case number from Infiniti Customer Care. Don't hang up without one. Important if things continue to be stupid.

Old 02-10-2009, 11:40 PM
Exactly...plus they changed your oil, so no reason for them to deny you to start testing with them.
Heard a lot of stories over the years, yes years lol, but that's a new one in my book.

G/L with all that.

Oh...get a complaint case number from Infiniti Customer Care. Don't hang up without one. Important if things continue to be stupid.
Yeah I will definitely get a complaint case #. Thanks for the info. I'm not gonna let the stealership win this one...

Old 02-10-2009, 11:41 PM
6MT Coupe
Actually, that goes for anyone who calls Customer Care concerning this issue. Document, document, document, get case reference number.

File a complaint with the NHTSA too as this being a defect b/c it is!! A recall will STOP all this dealer BS I keep hearing about, even with Infiniti's good-faith non-mandated attempt with their TSB.

I have my replacement and seems to be ok sort-of, results still pending. Still these continuing stories from dealers makes my blood boil when I hear G35 and 350z enthusiasts (any consumer really) being played. Recall will own them, TSB leaves room for games as I keep reading about as the years continue. Trust me, have my own stories of being played. Total BS but won with a few more gray hairs to prove it.

Check this out and if agree....do it...thanx. Only will help others who eventually find they have this plague as well. We're here to help right, well I am.
Share the love I say and make it easier for the next person hopefully.
https://g35driver.com/forums/g-spot/...nsumption.html

Last edited by V35 Skyline GT; 02-11-2009 at 12:48 AM. Reason: added...own stories of being played
Old 02-11-2009, 12:27 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^ +1 +1 V35 Skyline GT..took the words right from my mouth.

Many 350Z buy backs. I would like to see a "replacement" none to date though.

Old 02-11-2009, 12:38 AM
6MT Coupe
^ Thanx dude for your support. I share years experience on this issue (you too ) and learn a lot about other things from here (-edit--->) 'on OC and Driver'.
It's what it's all about in my book hands down...

Last edited by V35 Skyline GT; 02-11-2009 at 12:53 AM. Reason: 'on OC and Driver'
Old 02-11-2009, 12:48 AM
Right on bro, I do not visit here as often, been enjoying the freshly rebuilt engine, as if you did not know...haha.

You are doing a great job here fielding Q's. The advise you provide to the G family is #1 in my book.

Props my friend John!

Cheers
Curtis

Old 02-11-2009, 01:06 AM
6MT Coupe
^Thanx for the props, don't get much here. Little here and there (not that it matters really, otherwise I'd unsubscribe haha). I'm a moderator for much less on other forums...here meh...it's who you know unfortunately for recognition and IB...whatever.

Even with my replacement installed almost a year ago, still feel the need to spread the love, being my life since 1-2006 and not out of the water yet on this issue (you know what I'm talking about bro on my350 ) I still get all in a ruckus when I hear crap still going on with revup VQ owners...pisses me off to no end to hear the BS still going on today.

(counting to 10).... rant over.... and so are the edits....lol

Last edited by V35 Skyline GT; 02-11-2009 at 01:23 AM.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:26 PM
Figured I'd add some more to this thread. I read the entire thing last night and decided my car may qualify for the engine replacement as I was down 1 and half quarts this past Sunday. Wasn't touching the dipstick. I have 65,500 miles so it seems like I might be someone who qualifies with possible the highest approved mileage. I will keep everyone posted when I know whats going on. Called Infiniti this morning and went in this afternoon and they changed oil, charged me however even though I mentioned the free oil change and said to come back in 1,000 miles which obviously meant 1450.

Old 02-25-2009, 02:53 AM
do they only cover this issue if your car is under the power train warranty still? how many miles and years is the power train warranty?

thanks!

Old 02-25-2009, 11:41 AM
6MT Coupe
http://www.infinitihelp.com/diy/car_...y_warranty.htm
^ All warranty info...

I got the extended with mine. I'm good for 7yr/100K

Old 02-25-2009, 12:32 PM
cool thanks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Quick Reply: Infiniti Rev-Up Oil Consumption TSB