TSB- Technical Bulletins Technical Service Bulletins- Coupe and Sedan from Infiniti. Updates Approved by Administrators and Moderators.

Infiniti Rev-Up Oil Consumption TSB

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Old 05-01-2009, 03:44 PM
Mr.202?

Received 205 Likes on 163 Posts
Originally Posted by nsyr
Whats wrong with the warranty? They are 6yr 70k on the drivetrain. The oil consumption issue is mainly on the manual transmission cars since they have the Rev-up engines. So if it is automatic then there is less of a chance.
its 6 year 70k? I thought it was much less, ok then cool. And its Auto so, I guess I am ok. But ill be on the look out. Ill ask when was the last oil change when I see the car and Ill look at the dip stick just to be sure.

Old 05-01-2009, 06:01 PM
Received 56 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by V35 Skyline GT
Depending what was the main cause of OC (usually rings), non-revups usually only get short blocks, unless top end is thrashed too.

Revups get long blocks b/c they later found (and this when first TSB was finally released) valve guide seals were crap as well, unlike non-revups. So that = long blocks for revups by default.

Non-revups don't use TSB oil consumption chart to my knowledge. Different amount of OC must be met to quality last I knew.

On a lighter side of things, maybe dealer used wrong part number for replacement. Revup and non-revups have different pt #'s.

Z-Tube and Pop Charger shouldn't be an issue.

Hope things get straightened out for you and in your favor.

thanks for the info. Got a call from my rep today and they want to inspect the car again.

Old 05-02-2009, 11:12 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
Originally Posted by thescreensavers
its 6 year 70k? I thought it was much less, ok then cool. And its Auto so, I guess I am ok. But ill be on the look out. Ill ask when was the last oil change when I see the car and Ill look at the dip stick just to be sure.
One good thing about Infiniti. Nissan 350Z's are only 5yr/60K on powertrain.

Some non-revups have gotten OC, but the chances are much much less than revups.

Old 05-06-2009, 02:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dropped car off monday evening for engine replacement of longblock. Got a call tuesday morning as engine was already out and they said clutch pretty much gone and needed all new belts. Just pay for parts. $560, new engine, new clutch, new belts. Got a call this morning and all done. WTF. how do they go that fast. Pickin up this week. Pretty excited. Let you all know how it runs, $500 for clutch blows ***** tho.

Old 05-06-2009, 05:50 PM
Just got back from my final inspection and the manage came and to talk to me and basically accused me of making the motor consume so much oil due to the aftermarket exhaust system and the intake. I said thats bs, as the exhaust system has no effect on whether the engine consumes more oil or not. He was being an ******* the whole time and saying that when you modify the car you are taking responsibility and its not our fault. I got pissed and told him that why cant Infiniti just man up and accept that they made a manufacturing defect with the motor. Mind you this problem started before i had any modifications to the car. Manager said he would talk to Infiniti and get back to me. He basically tried to pin the whole situation on me by blaming the exhaust system for the oil consumption problem.

Old 05-07-2009, 11:31 AM
6MT Coupe
^They have to 'prove' those mods caused the OC. Google - Magnuson-Moss Act

No offense to you, but your dealer is the winner as being the most **** I've ever heard about 'minor' mods.

Old 05-07-2009, 12:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^yup granted I have one of the best warranties they offer but they told me I can't do anything not even an intake or a remote start. Made me really consider selling it...not only that but I have the 05 and I had to have my motor replaced two months after I bought it with only 34kmi. BS i tell you, they just acted like it was a 1 in a million chance that it could have happened to me. Then I read online about all of this and now im pissed. Like someone else said earlier they should have owned up to it. Thank god I was covered now I have a brand new motor for only 175 bucks lol I dont trust my dealer anymore though they tried to scam me on rotors and when I looked at them with someone myself (both sides mind you) they were fine. Everyone is out to make a quick buck now a days CAN'T TRUST NO ONE!

Last edited by g35dude420; 05-07-2009 at 12:26 PM. Reason: I suck at typing
Old 05-07-2009, 02:32 PM
6MT Coupe
Originally Posted by g35dude420
^^yup granted I have one of the best warranties they offer but they told me I can't do anything not even an intake or a remote start. Made me really consider selling it...not only that but I have the 05 and I had to have my motor replaced two months after I bought it with only 34kmi. BS i tell you, they just acted like it was a 1 in a million chance that it could have happened to me. Then I read online about all of this and now im pissed. Like someone else said earlier they should have owned up to it. Thank god I was covered now I have a brand new motor for only 175 bucks lol I dont trust my dealer anymore though they tried to scam me on rotors and when I looked at them with someone myself (both sides mind you) they were fine. Everyone is out to make a quick buck now a days CAN'T TRUST NO ONE!
Somewhat they have with TSB finally admitting there is an issue (350Z's too). Should've gone through the BS I and many did on these and were denied prior to TSB.

I still had to deal with much BS even with 1st TSB released (Jan 2008). And still hearing BS today with others over a year later...wow.

A mandated recall still would be better imho about this BS. Go here where to file about this defective engine with my 02: https://g35driver.com/forums/g-spot/...nsumption.html

BTW to all...Nissan was mandated a 'recall' on the 2.5L Altima's and Sentera SE-R's long time ago due to OC and awarded those affected owners extended warranties (was included in that 'recall' by default). Infiniti said NO when 'I' asked for that with my 'TSB' revup replacement many times. Nice of them to treat me that way huh. Another bad taste in my mouth still today.

Nissan makes Infiniti, just in case some members here didn't know that.

Old 05-07-2009, 04:45 PM
^They have to 'prove' those mods caused the OC. Google - Magnuson-Moss Act

No offense to you, but your dealer is the winner as being the most **** I've ever heard about 'minor' mods.
That is exactly what i was trying to explain to the manager but he wouldnt even listen. He would continuously interrupt me and thats what pissed me off.

Yea man, this dealer is full of a bunch of a$$holes. A couple people advised me to get a lawyer and file a suit against them if the problem isnt resolved.

Old 05-07-2009, 06:17 PM
6MT Coupe
^ Manager said (in your other post) 'he' talk to Infiniti for you...I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him with their attitude so far. It's obvious they don't want to help you.

I'd call Infiniti Customer Relations regardless and get 'file/case number' <--- that's important for your documentation if needed later on.

You can file complaint with the BBB and FTC against dealer and/or Infiniti too.

Try another dealer that's not such an asshat or go legal if Infiniti also is still being stupid about this and won't help you.

G/L

Old 05-07-2009, 06:25 PM
^ Manager said (in your other post) 'he' talk to Infiniti for you...I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him with their attitude so far. It's obvious they don't want to help you.

I'd call Infiniti Customer Relations regardless and get 'file/case number' <--- that's important for your documentation if needed later on.

You can file complaint with the BBB and FTC against dealer and/or Infiniti too.

Try another dealer that's not such an asshat or go legal if Infiniti also is still being stupid about this and won't help you.

G/L
I already have a case open with Infiniti consumer affairs and so far my rep there has been very helpful. She herself said she doesnt understand why the dealership is giving me such a hassle. My car obviously has a problem and it is a notorious problem on the g35's.

Thanks for the advice!

Old 05-11-2009, 12:20 PM
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
OK. I took the plunge into the "murky" waters of OC and initiated stage one testing with my dealer (John you know which dealer) . I'll be going back in about 2 weeks for the 1k check. Still fully modded at this point, but of course prepared to strip stuff off if needed. I suspect my cats are going to be an issue
and possibly the plenum. I don't think my intake or exhaust will be an issue with this dealer. All my service has been with them including my NISMO clutch upgrade, so they already have made plenty of money on my G (including original sale). I'll keep you guys posted as the drama unfolds !!

Old 05-12-2009, 01:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what is the fast solution to this oil consumption? do we just keep adding oil as needed?

Old 05-12-2009, 11:55 AM
6MT Coupe
Originally Posted by penelson
OK. I took the plunge into the "murky" waters of OC and initiated stage one testing with my dealer (John you know which dealer) . I'll be going back in about 2 weeks for the 1k check. Still fully modded at this point, but of course prepared to strip stuff off if needed. I suspect my cats are going to be an issue
and possibly the plenum. I don't think my intake or exhaust will be an issue with this dealer. All my service has been with them including my NISMO clutch upgrade, so they already have made plenty of money on my G (including original sale). I'll keep you guys posted as the drama unfolds !!
Yup sure do. PM me if you want info who to talk to and who to watch like a hawk

G/L Bro

Old 05-12-2009, 12:05 PM
6MT Coupe
Originally Posted by uhohitzmikeo
what is the fast solution to this oil consumption? do we just keep adding oil as needed?
Won't make the OC go away or get better, but that is the fastest way to keep oil at safe operational level in an oil burner you wish to live with...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Quick Reply: Infiniti Rev-Up Oil Consumption TSB