Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

iForged Liar Liar Deceiving Liar

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2005, 04:35 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by iforged
...... that you made an assumption.......You assumed the wheel was done..............paying you for the repair...................orginally the finisher lost it................we had the wheel for too long....wanted to get your wheel back to you ASAP.......... If you have any more problems or concerns, you can contact me in the office.
  • You assumed the wheel was done
  • He's paying you for the repair
  • Originally the finisher lost it
  • Had the wheel too long
  • wanted to get your wheel back ASAP

Is this really a public response from an iforged representative? I refuse to believe that a company would risk 10's of thousands of dollars in sales by essentially proving to us that the relationship ends when payment is made. Way to stand behind a product, lol. I'm laughing, but I also feel a bit sad......

Old 06-22-2005, 04:36 PM
Originally Posted by iforged
I spoke to you today to let you know your check shipped out, and that you made an assumption. You assumed the wheel was done, when I explained to you that we will shipping it back and paying you for the repair, because orginally the finisher lost it, and we had the wheel for too long. I just wanted to get your wheel back to you ASAP. If you have any more problems or concerns, you can contact me in the office.
I don't even need to restate my point. You messed up Vince, case closed.

Old 06-22-2005, 04:39 PM
Like I said earlier...

..to clear things up. The day he told me he found my wheel, he specifically deceived me by saying, "we found your wheel at the finishers and we'll ship it back ASAP, and by the way, we will also send you a check for 150 for your troubles." At that point I'm like great, a finished wheel and some money. What he forgot to mention was that the check was for me to find someone else to fix it. (AFTER ELEVEN MONTHS!!!)

I'd rather have my repaired rim 7 to 10 months AGO rather than a check for 150.

Old 06-22-2005, 04:58 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Uhh.. Wow. I'd be out of my mind pissed too, provided your story is true. judging by the strong argument from the other side (sarcasm) I have no reason to think it's not. What a crummy way to treat a customer. 11 months? I would have bought a ticket, flown out to where ever my wheel was supposed to be, and choked the chit out of someone. (not really, but fun to think about..)

You could drop this at IS300.net and acuraworld too. Autoweek has a highly traveled forum as well.

(takes pencil from behind ear and marks iForged off 'potential purchase' list....)
Sorry about the bad juju man - hope you can get it worked out.

Old 06-22-2005, 05:01 PM
You could drop this at IS300.net and acuraworld too. Autoweek has a highly traveled forum as well.

- Thanks for the info. I think I'm getting across to people by now. 8+ forums.

Old 06-22-2005, 05:06 PM
Vincent Wong of iForged,

I hope your reading this. I'm doing this because you guys deserve it. I probably wouldn't be wasting my time going from forum to forum if you guys prevented this from happening by being a little more responsible. I was very patient up until the second I opened that package friday night and saw the same exact rim I sent months ago.

Old 06-22-2005, 05:13 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I spoke to you today to let you know your check shipped out, and that you made an assumption. You assumed the wheel was done, when I explained to you that we will shipping it back and paying you for the repair, because orginally the finisher lost it, and we had the wheel for too long. I just wanted to get your wheel back to you ASAP. If you have any more problems or concerns, you can contact me in the office.
And this is why a company needs an experienced PR rep on the payroll. This response only serves to dig a deeper hole. Seems Vincent was better off not responding in this thread if this is all he's capable of. Big, big mistake.

Old 06-22-2005, 05:14 PM
This thread is nuts!

Seems like the little rumors and whisperings about iforged having THE WORST customer service is finally coming out...

I wish more people would bring news like this to the forums...maybe not destroy the guys business in the process hahahah, but at least give an honest review of their bad experience!

I bet hell never make that mistake again...

Old 06-22-2005, 05:34 PM
Z2G
like what neffster stated, iforged's customer service has always been an issue and is no surprise in this case. but, it's a good thing that it's coming out to the forefront like this....hopefully, they will change their ways cuz they definitely have nice rims. i, too, would be reluctant to purchase from them.

Old 06-22-2005, 05:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i know ppl that went to his HS... from what i hear he wasn't well liked back then either. BWAHHHAHAHA

Old 06-22-2005, 05:42 PM
Originally Posted by FrizzleFry
i know ppl that went to his HS... from what i hear he wasn't well liked back then either. BWAHHHAHAHA
Holy nuts! That is some news to me! You know getting the message out really relieves the fustration that has been boiling inside of me.

Old 06-22-2005, 05:42 PM
I can't understand why anybody would like Iforged wheels. Chrome = disgusting ghetto bling. Volks are 100x better looking.

Last edited by g35doc; 06-22-2005 at 05:48 PM.
Old 06-22-2005, 05:44 PM
Z2G
Originally Posted by g35doc
I can't understand why anybody would like Iforged wheels. Chrome = disgusting. Volks are 100x better looking.
lol.....agreed--i don't like chrome neither. but, iforged has many other finishes too.

Old 06-22-2005, 05:50 PM
Hmm. Never knew that but I just don't like the design of the wheels either.

Edit: I would never consider buying Iforged, but now I definitely won't. And I'll definitely steer my buddies away from them too.

Last edited by g35doc; 06-22-2005 at 05:56 PM.
Old 06-22-2005, 05:50 PM
Originally Posted by Z2G
lol.....agreed--i don't like chrome neither. but, iforged has many other finishes too.
Some of their stuff is polished which is really not chrome. Unlike chrome, their polished rims can scratch with the wipe of a cloth unless it has been clear coated.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: iForged Liar Liar Deceiving Liar