Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Wrathernaut's Double-Din Installation FAQ, Shopping and Resource List

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 31 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 02-19-2015, 02:15 PM
Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
Is there a part number or link to a part for the green momentary push button switch used for the DCC button? Was thinking it may be easier to get one separately and solder it on to the JDM AC controller instead of de-soldering from the other board first.

Old 02-19-2015, 04:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey all I need some help please. I have a 2003 coupe with factory Nav and Bose stereo. Also have a jdm facia. What else would I need to do a double din install? Kind of confused. Thankyou in advance

Old 02-19-2015, 04:14 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,037 Likes on 610 Posts
Originally Posted by G35fromPA
Is there a part number or link to a part for the green momentary push button switch used for the DCC button? Was thinking it may be easier to get one separately and solder it on to the JDM AC controller instead of de-soldering from the other board first.
Not that I know of, but it really only takes a couple of seconds once your soldering tool is heated up.

Old 02-19-2015, 04:16 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by Kangr
Hey all I need some help please. I have a 2003 coupe with factory Nav and Bose stereo. Also have a jdm facia. What else would I need to do a double din install? Kind of confused. Thankyou in advance
From the first post. I painstakingly translated the "STUFF IN RED FOR BOSE" and removing stuff you said you already had to create a more manageable format.

2003-2004 Coupe, 2003-2004 Sedan
1. Mᴇtra 40-NI10 - AM/FM antᴇnna adapter.
2. Steering Wheel Interface: - Use the Mᴇtra Axxess ASŴC-1 for EVERYTHING except for the X920BT, Z110BT, Z120BT or Z130BT - for those models the PAC SWI-PS will let you map a button to the voice command feature. (Instructions for installing the ASŴC into a G35 can be found here.
3. PAC ROEM-NIS2.

The following users liked this post:
Kangr (02-19-2015)
Old 02-19-2015, 09:27 PM
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
Not that I know of, but it really only takes a couple of seconds once your soldering tool is heated up.
Thanks. Yeah, I was thinking about getting the Jdm board all ready to go beforehand if I were to let an installer do the rest of the work. Do you have approximate measurements of the switch from an 03-04?

Old 02-19-2015, 11:43 PM
From the first post. I painstakingly translated the "STUFF IN RED FOR BOSE" and removing stuff you said you already had to create a more manageable format.

2003-2004 Coupe, 2003-2004 Sedan
1. Mᴇtra 40-NI10 - AM/FM antᴇnna adapter.
2. Steering Wheel Interface: - Use the Mᴇtra Axxess ASŴC-1 for EVERYTHING except for the X920BT, Z110BT, Z120BT or Z130BT - for those models the PAC SWI-PS will let you map a button to the voice command feature. (Instructions for installing the ASŴC into a G35 can be found here.
3. PAC ROEM-NIS2.
So with these parts and my jdm facia, that will be everything i need to install a new double din? Thank you for the fast response.

Old 02-20-2015, 11:43 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by Kangr
So with these parts and my jdm facia, that will be everything i need to install a new double din? Thank you for the fast response.
Besides soldering supplies or crimps, screwdriver, possibly a trim ring to fill the gap (see first post) depending on if your radio includes one and some tape, that's it.

Old 02-20-2015, 11:46 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by G35fromPA
Thanks. Yeah, I was thinking about getting the Jdm board all ready to go beforehand if I were to let an installer do the rest of the work. Do you have approximate measurements of the switch from an 03-04?
I don't, and where the height of the button and amount of movement of the button are key in making it work, I wouldn't give you approximations.

Do you even use it? I've used the feature twice in about five years.

Old 02-20-2015, 03:53 PM
I don't, and where the height of the button and amount of movement of the button are key in making it work, I wouldn't give you approximations.

Do you even use it? I've used the feature twice in about five years.
No, I don't use it that much, but I would hate to decrement the car's functionality from the factory. It would make me nuts

Old 02-22-2015, 10:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This thread is a huge help, thanks

Last edited by noseknowsall; 02-22-2015 at 10:45 PM.
Old 02-26-2015, 07:39 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts
I don't know what I did before I got my double din.

Old 03-07-2015, 09:10 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Used PAC OEM4 & metra harness

Completed my shopping list the other day and bought the Metra 7551 by accident. Went to a local shop and only Pac product they use was the Pac soem4. Seeing I don't have time on my vacation to wait for a Pac nis2 to ship, I went with the soem4 For the speaker wiring, Metra kit for running the rest. Did my first test with my Pioneer sph-day120 today and everything worked perfectly. I'll post a pic of my harness as soon as I figure out how to put one up here.

Old 03-17-2015, 08:55 PM
2007 Coupe help please

First off Wrathernaut you are THE MAN!!! This thread has been exponential helpful in me getting this far in my head unit install. However, I have run into a few issues that seem to have been mentioned in this thread but never really solved (unless I missed them somewhere in the 113 pages and if so I apologize) but my first issue is with getting the dimmer function to work on my head unit for my 2007 coupe. It was addressed previously to tap into the red/blue wire somewhere but was never really stated where to do so in an 07 coupe... Could I just tap into the signal at the dimmer switch? there should only be a signal being sent through that switch when the lights go on correct? and it really shouldn't matter the brightness I set my dash panel at either since all the head unit does is look for a signal "ON" and then dims the display correct? Or is there a better place to tap into that signal?

Secondly I would really like to retain the functionality of the factory mic instead of having to run a cheesy aftermarket one and find a place to attach it. Any Idea where the easiest place to splice into the factory mic is? And any idea on a wiring diagram for the mic? This would be something I would like to know before I start really tearing off trim pieces and cutting wires, so any insight is GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you!!

Old 03-18-2015, 01:04 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,030 Likes on 947 Posts
Originally Posted by mtimber518
First off Wrathernaut you are THE MAN!!! This thread has been exponential helpful in me getting this far in my head unit install. However, I have run into a few issues that seem to have been mentioned in this thread but never really solved (unless I missed them somewhere in the 113 pages and if so I apologize) but my first issue is with getting the dimmer function to work on my head unit for my 2007 coupe. It was addressed previously to tap into the red/blue wire somewhere but was never really stated where to do so in an 07 coupe... Could I just tap into the signal at the dimmer switch? there should only be a signal being sent through that switch when the lights go on correct? and it really shouldn't matter the brightness I set my dash panel at either since all the head unit does is look for a signal "ON" and then dims the display correct? Or is there a better place to tap into that signal? Secondly I would really like to retain the functionality of the factory mic instead of having to run a cheesy aftermarket one and find a place to attach it. Any Idea where the easiest place to splice into the factory mic is? And any idea on a wiring diagram for the mic? This would be something I would like to know before I start really tearing off trim pieces and cutting wires, so any insight is GREATLY appreciated. Thank you!!
1: Check your wiring or if your HU is supported. Mine was just a dimmer switch from out of the pioneer loom.
2: don't cheap out... Stock mic in the car blows!!!! It's like $20 for a quality Sony 3.5mm mic made for car applications. Trust me, I tried it lol.

Old 03-18-2015, 04:19 PM
For those who have installed double DIN unit and added SiriusXM, I have a couple of questions:

1) is there room behind the dash to install the sat tuner back there also, or have you installed it elsewhere?
2) if you installed the tuner behind the dash, where did you place the antenna? On the front of the dash, or did you run a new antenna cable to the rear of the car? my '04 has the factory sat tuner in the trunk, but clearly if I go aftermarket I will need to run either a new cable from rear to front to connect the tuner to the HU, or run a new antenna cable from the rear to the front. Hate the idea of having to fish one of those cables all the way through to the front...

thoughts?

P.S. Yes, I know I can stream SiriusXM and other apps over my phone, but for various reasons, including the fact that I bought a lifetime siriusXM subscription 10 years ago that I can swap to a new receiver, I'd prefer not to, especially where cell service is weak.

EDIT: took a look at my car last night and it seems that running an antenna cable from the dash to the rear package shelf (where my current SiriusXM antenna is) may not be such a big deal after all, as I can run it behind the glove box, down the right kick panel and under the door sill carpet and cover, and then up under and behind the back seat. Still would need to squeeze the siriusXM tuner somewhere behind the dash though. I'm assuming there's enough room back there for the PAC unit plus the tuner as well but can anyone confirm?

Last edited by G35fromPA; 03-19-2015 at 01:53 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 31 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Wrathernaut's Double-Din Installation FAQ, Shopping and Resource List